hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2010

Thread: tragic : the gathering

Smuggo
    Heh, gonna stay off buying cards for a bit. Had. Volc and flusterstorm come in last couple days and that finishes off my delver deck. Time to git gud with it and win my way into more stuff.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Heh, gonna stay off buying cards for a bit. Had. Volc and flusterstorm come in last couple days and that finishes off my delver deck. Time to git gud with it and win my way into more stuff.
    Is it gud.

Gitrog is IMO one of the best generals around. Ramp and card draw in green black is just mad good.
    Yeah, I went with it in the end. I've now got a big pile of cards to slowly filter down to a playable 99. I've also splashed out on a foil german version of the frog because I was picking up a few things on MKM anyway and it was only about 10 euros. Going to play the deck on Tuesday so I'll see how it does.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Gitrog is IMO one of the best generals around. Ramp and card draw in green black is just mad good.
    Yeah, I went with it in the end. I've now got a big pile of cards to slowly filter down to a playable 99. I've also splashed out on a foil german version of the frog because I was picking up a few things on MKM anyway and it was only about 10 euros. Going to play the deck on Tuesday so I'll see how it does.

saw someone selling a whole Gitrog deck with a nice alter on the frog himself.

That is pretty cool. Not sure I'm quite ready to drop the money on an alter for a commander when I change decks every few months. I have seen some very cool alters though that make me want some.

Smuggo
    He is proper nice, running all the green/black fetches, all the destruction lands and some of the big spell combos can just see you draw so many cards. It's a pretty insane deck and fun to pilot.

*That's nice.jpg.

Smuggo
    Anyone playing pauper on mtgo? I had like 100 tix of stuff to trade so got one to play some tournaments though just practicing at the moment to get a hang of the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Did a decent job at gamesday

Made top 8 undefeated and then ofc went 0-2 in the quarters.

Prowess deck is quite legit, and tons of fun. My opponents were exclusively running tier decks ( mono red and U/R control ) and I did a decent job beating them down.

I traded for my fourth chandra after the tournament was over, meaning I have a full set now. Should serve me well until rotation and then I can sell them to smuggo to play in legacy for MEGABUCKS
    Hi drboomtown|work: id show u the picture but facebook messenger wont let me steal it.

Played a game with quickly mashed together Gitrog deck, sort of a golgari value deck, then stomped a pod despite the best efforts of a mill deck. Apparently letting Avenger of Zendikar live for more than a few turns is a bad idea, especially when I Splendid Reclamation 23 lands back into play and drop Overwhelming Stampede to kill the table.

A bunch of new cards arrived for it so I'm morphing it slowly into a more combo orientated deck so that should be interesting to try out.

Smuggo
    Yeah have seen many a game wrapped up by turn 3/4 Gitrog into a turn 4/5 splendid reclamation. Especially brutal when they get a turn 1 Burgeoning or similarly degenerate start.

From my last foray into Magic just after Christmas I'm left with two cards worth more than $5, a Fatal Push and an Angel of Invention. I've said to myself if I can manage to cut back on both smoking and drinking I'll head back to the shop running events, seeing as they're doing FNM drafts and Saturday standard games. I'm still at a loss with how to get up to speed on stuff though. The one deck I came up with somewhat independently, using winding constrictor, and black and green cards to mess about with tokens seems to be still going strong, albeit I never maximised out everything in it (let alone actually buy the cards for it.) With whole new loads of cards available, what's the easiest way to get up to speed with all this so I can start brewing my own decks?

Smuggo
    Check out the meta lists on mtg goldfish but basically red deck wins seems to be top of the pile right now and zombies supposedly does well due to beating red deck wins.

Mono red, U/R control, G/B constrictor. Mono black zombies and temur energy are tier 1 decks.

Out of all of those, I think zombies is cheapest if you switch out the relentless deads for other pieces. Most other decks are running at least one card that is expensive and a 4-of.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    mtg is a joke

So I decided to see if I could jimmy up a deck by basically latching onto the first fun ability I saw when going through multicoloured cards, and Aven Wind Guide it was. I am hesitant on having my entire deck relying on one card, but I still played two games with it (timed out in one game at 1-1, and got steamrolled by another guy.) The basic idea is I make token creatures, and use other cards' buffs to make them more threatening, with Aven Wind Guide being the ultimate by giving them flying and vigilance. Unfortunately, Aven Wind Guide is easily nuked and it kind of falls apart then (the guy who steam rolled me basically wiped all the creatures twice in a row, then flooded creatures out by using an enchantment that lets him repeat spells for free, and then cast spells for free from the top four cards of his deck, so eight cards with the spell repeat enchantment.)

Playing through I can already see the Cogworker's Puzzlenot is weak, two mana for one servo, and another two to get another one. The Countless Gears Renegade also never had their revolt fire off, so that's looking doubtful. The mana curve is also working against me. I can only power up the deck piecemeal, turn after turn, with each step making only a small amount of difference. It's supposed to be a budget deck, with the Angel of Invention being the only expensive card, and that's only because I already have one and I'm being stupid deciding I can afford to splash on another three of them, but they do add a bit of a kick.

Basically, I'm not too sure what this works against, and it probably works against nothing at all. With aggro decks, they can spam creatures faster than I can boost my creature tokens. With control decks they're stopping me from getting some links in in what I want to do. And I don't have anything to really stop combo decks from going off.

This is a bit of a drip of a deck, but it is very cheap outside the Angel of Invention. Probably for a reason, but I'm coming to you to see if there's anything I've overlooked as a beginner, and if there's anything to rescue it.

Deck: Flying Tokens Buff And Wipe

//Main
    4 Countless Gears Renegade
    4 Aven Wind Guide
    4 Censor
    4 Hieroglyphic Illumination
    4 Desert of the Mindful
    4 Desert of the True
    7 Island
    9 Plains
    4 Angel of Invention
    4 Cogworker's Puzzleknot
    4 Master Trinketeer
    4 Servo Exhibition
    4 Visionary Augmenter

Display deck statistics

Deck: Flying Tokens Buff And Wipe

Also, I have no idea what to do with a sideboard. I don't know near enough about other cards' abilities to swap cards in when it goes beyond my basic archetype, so I'd only be hurting myself.

Edit: Forgot to say, I'm trying to keep this based on the last two sets, Kaladesh and Amonkhet, because the older one is going out of rotation. At first I thought that would be ok, but seeing as I'm almost completely reliant on Fabricate, I guess it's not going to get much support in Ixalan cards, and this deck is even worse than I imagined.

Second Edit: I've clocked up two rage quits on xmage with this now. Or what I have to presume are rage quits because I got them down to 2 life in the first game without being touched and two people have quit. If this is surprising enough to annoy non-tier 1 decks I might be happy with it. And I presume it can be improved with you lots help. It's still delicate as fuck. A couple of times there's been boardwipes with something giving all creatures -2/-2.

Third Edit: This is what I've come up with with some help from people. I've actually won a few games with it, although I'm still getting rolled by tier 1 decks.

Deck: Flying Buff Tokens - Goon 2

//Main
    2 Countless Gears Renegade
    4 Metallic Mimic
    3 Reverse Engineer
    4 Sram's Expertise
    4 Aven Wind Guide
    3 Censor
    4 Evolving Wilds
    4 Irrigated Farmland
    7 Island
    2 Oketra's Monument
    9 Plains
    4 Angel of Invention
    2 Cogworker's Puzzleknot
    4 Master Trinketeer
    4 Servo Exhibition

//Sideboard
    2 Countless Gears Renegade
    4 Cast Out
    2 Oketra's Monument
    2 Cogworker's Puzzleknot
    4 Visionary Augmenter

Display deck statistics
    Last edited by Mrenda; August 14 2017 at 07:23:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    mtg is a joke
    As it came to be known at our games club when I was younger and to expand on our title here. . . Tragic: The Saddening

Wonder how much all my old cards are worth now. =/

Ixalan spoilers have been looking pretty cool, no idea how they'll impact standard but could be fun for those who play it.

Iconic masters spoilers just started and Mana Drain is in it, I'm thinking I'll finally buy one if the price isn't too high.

On my way to guns and roses now. Hoping for a nice nostalgia attack.

Smuggo