hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafiaheap Challlange Round 10: Double Derp Sign-Up

Sign if a spot is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Not online for one night and the list is full.
    Not stopping at 20

Sent from the SpasPhone

Ok, arsonist will be kill immune. I'll balance it out behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    Ok, arsonist will be kill immune. I'll balance it out behind the scenes.
    If that mean 'Lana will be arsonist because trolololololol' im going to find you and cut you set fire to your couch.

I actually liked the idea of telling the person who is doused that they are covered in petrol. Nothing they can do to prevent it except find the arsonist and its up to them if they come out and say anything (we are derp, we will likely lynch them anyway). This then presents ample opportunity for meta and lies.
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; May 27 2013 at 01:25:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

New role idea: Derpatorin - whomever the derpatorin votes to lynch gains kill immunity for that night.

Edit: And obviously the derpatorin is not told about her role, and is obviously picked completely at random. *cough*
    Last edited by Toxic; May 27 2013 at 01:29:13 PM.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    New role idea: Derpatorin - whomever the derpatorin votes to lynch gains kill immunity for that night.

Edit: And obviously the derpatorin is not told about her role, and is obviously picked completely at random. *cough*
    So just like every other game then.

In, although fuck kill immune arsonists who I hit with the fucking first night kill and can't do shit about?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    In, although fuck kill immune arsonists who I hit with the fucking first night kill and can't do shit about?
    This. Why is he kill immune? That is the SK's thing.

Look at how big of an effect that one person has on the game. That person cannot be killed by any of the other kill roles, nor can his attack be stopped by any of the protectors. It makes all other roles pointless.

Not only is he the only role capable of killing more than one person per turn, but he has TWO ways of doing it! He can douse multiple people, and also get multikills by killing the visitors. Add them together and he can kill more people than the mafia or village over the course of the game.

Suggestion: Remove his kill immunity, that is the SK's thing. Let him keep the ability to kill "immune" targets though. Let him keep one way to get multikills. I'd say, let him douse multiple people. Do away with the "visitors die too!" thing. Or keep the visitors dying but let him only light up one person at a time.

The whole point of the game is to identify the mafia before they kill off the villagers. The arsonist (in it's current form) shits all over that game as he can kill more people than any other faction, while being immune to anything but a lynch. The hours spent on analysis and debate are all pointless if one person can kill 6+ people in one round, while shitting on all other roles at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post

Look at how big of an effect that one person has on the game. That person cannot be killed by any of the other kill roles, nor can his attack be stopped by any of the protectors. It makes all other roles pointless.

Not only is he the only role capable of killing more than one person per turn, but he has TWO ways of doing it! He can douse multiple people, and also get multikills by killing the visitors. Add them together and he can kill more people than the mafia or village over the course of the game.

Suggestion: Remove his kill immunity, that is the SK's thing. Let him keep the ability to kill "immune" targets though. Let him keep one way to get multikills. I'd say, let him douse multiple people. Do away with the "visitors die too!" thing. Or keep the visitors dying but let him only light up one person at a time.

The whole point of the game is to identify the mafia before they kill off the villagers. The arsonist (in it's current form) shits all over that game as he can kill more people than any other faction, while being immune to anything but a lynch. The hours spent on analysis and debate are all pointless if one person can kill 6+ people in one round, while shitting on all other roles at the same time.
    Here's the secret though, the only reason the arsonist is likely to win this game is bad mafia play. Arsonist is an opponent for the mafia just as much as the village, but the village is the only way to kill him. So what does our mafia do? Spend their only public :info post: not telling the only people capable of killing the arsonist who he is.

It comes down to this: do you want it to be mafia vs village with some interesting side roles or do you want it to be everyone vs arsonist and none of the other stuff matters.

There are some great mechanics that require teamwork, trust, ect. with some of those roles. Arsonist makes that all pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Qwert View Post

Here's the secret though, the only reason the arsonist is likely to win this game is bad mafia play. Arsonist is an opponent for the mafia just as much as the village, but the village is the only way to kill him. So what does our mafia do? Spend their only public :info post: not telling the only people capable of killing the arsonist who he is.
    Because the village believed them when they said I was SK.

Tapaderpin

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Tapaderpin
    We had 2 known mafia to burn through, then you got set on fire. A Lana bandwagon could have taken off, especially with ~3 mafia + arsonist to pad the numbers.

Tapaderpin
    We had 2 known mafia to burn through, then you got set on fire. A Lana bandwagon could have taken off, especially with ~3 mafia + arsonist to pad the numbers.
    Just let me remain delusional a little longer.

Tapaderpin

I balanced things out behind the scenes, I think the arsonist will have a harder time this round.

Also, there's still room if anyone else wants to join.

I balanced things out behind the scenes, I think the arsonist will have a harder time this round.

Not this time, I can't spend all day scouring the thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorjak View Post

Not this time, I can't spend all day scouring the thread again.
    I doubt I will be generating as much noise as last game this time. I was basically doing it to prevent anyone from getting reads on people. Unless I pull SK again that wont be needed this time around. (Probably)

It wasn't the noise, although I went for trox first for that reason. It was the effort of going through the thread every time someone did something stupid or out of place to see if it fitted a pattern. I'll play if I can be a lunatic cab driver, I will call myself Helgur.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorjak View Post
    It wasn't the noise, although I went for trox first for that reason. It was the effort of going through the thread every time someone did something stupid or out of place to see if it fitted a pattern. I'll play if I can be a lunatic cab driver, I will call myself Helgur.
    Semi detailed notes help. You do one pass then all you have to do it check your notes, then double check the posts. It's about 10% quicker ;-)

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

So just like every other game then.
    Just like i have to a) send in emails to get them to play against each other.

All hail Quackbot, the self declared puppet master of FHC-mafia.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016