hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45859293949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1911

Thread: Formula 1 Thread | Bawmilton

  1. #1881
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Kimi is better than everyone in London combined

  2. #1882
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,915
    New head protection. They're calling it "shield" but it's just a bloody windscreen.

    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/07/1...ection-device/


  3. #1883
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,229
    You didn't post the one with Kimi

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  4. #1884
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,694
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Kimi is better than everyone in London combined
    Had to run less he fall off the wagon. That sweet champagne spray nearly had him reaching for the vodka hipflask, no doubt about it


  5. #1885
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    26,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    New head protection. They're calling it "shield" but it's just a bloody windscreen.

    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/07/1...ection-device/

    so retro


  6. #1886

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    New head protection. They're calling it "shield" but it's just a bloody windscreen.

    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/07/1...ection-device/

    Amazing new cutting edge never before seen technology man. When do you think we'll see it trickle down to regular cars?



    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  7. #1887
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,804
    aneel: posted von mein tapashitcunt.

  8. #1888
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,428
    Time to pack up the bags and bury this old dinosaur.
    Formula E has gotten yet another major manufacturer, Porsche is joining from the 19/20 season.

    Jaguar joined 16/17

    Audi enters 17/18
    BMW & Mercedes join 18/19
    Porsche in 19/20

    Possible new teams to still sign up is:
    Toyota
    Honda

  9. #1889
    Idara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    The big thing is that Porsche left WEC too. So LMP1 is down to... Toyota alone? That and Mercedes left DTM.

  10. #1890
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    The big thing is that Porsche left WEC too. So LMP1 is down to... Toyota alone? That and Mercedes left DTM.
    Correct on both.
    All the major racing manufacturers is joining F-E for their EV development.
    Just McLaren and Ferrari to go, but then again, they ain't producing cars for the masses.

    I love watching F-E, so much more action and overtakings.

  11. #1891
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,229
    I'm pretty sure mclaren already manufacture the standardised fuel cell in all of the FE cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  12. #1892

    Join Date
    December 29, 2011
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    The big thing is that Porsche left WEC too. So LMP1 is down to... Toyota alone? That and Mercedes left DTM.
    Correct on both.
    All the major racing manufacturers is joining F-E for their EV development.
    Just McLaren and Ferrari to go, but then again, they ain't producing cars for the masses.

    I love watching F-E, so much more action and overtakings.
    Formule E- is litterally passing by my workplace building today (but I'm on the wrong side of the building). Getting to work was a PAIN! Is there a reason why they aren't racing on the F1 circuit that you know? or was it just another Montreal stupid decision?

  13. #1893
    Idara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    The FE cars aren't good at straights.

    They need all those corners etc to regen battery power etc.

    Hungary was today. Fairly boring. Sad after the last few years have given a fairly decent Hungarian race. But this year was back to the Hungarytrains of years past.

  14. #1894
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Kimi is better than everyone in London combined
    Kimi Raikkonen: Ferrari driver agrees new contract until end of 2018 season
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41012314

  15. #1895
    Freddy Dare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,Uk
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    The big thing is that Porsche left WEC too. So LMP1 is down to... Toyota alone? That and Mercedes left DTM.
    Correct on both.
    All the major racing manufacturers is joining F-E for their EV development.
    Just McLaren and Ferrari to go, but then again, they ain't producing cars for the masses.

    I love watching F-E, so much more action and overtakings.




    i see nothing of interest in formula E,

  16. #1896
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,915

  17. #1897
    metacannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Actually an '06.
    Posts
    3,350
    So there we go, rumor mill has the following:

    - Renault getting Sainz from next race on, Palmer gets dumped
    - Torro Rosso will promote test driver Gasly as Sainz replacement, Japanese Honda driver new test driver
    - 2018 will have McLaren move to Renault engines, Torro Rosso to Honda to allow a "learning" year in 2018 to allow RedBull to become Honda-works-supported team in 2019
    - McLaren will run Renault engines with Nissan-Nismo brand
    - Alonso will renew McLaren

  18. #1898
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,804
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

    Kimi Raikkonen: Ferrari driver agrees new contract until end of 2018 season
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41012314
    Season 1 was ok, season 2 was great imo.

  19. #1899
    Idara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    So there we go, rumor mill has the following:

    - Renault getting Sainz from next race on, Palmer gets dumped
    - Torro Rosso will promote test driver Gasly as Sainz replacement, Japanese Honda driver new test driver
    - 2018 will have McLaren move to Renault engines, Torro Rosso to Honda to allow a "learning" year in 2018 to allow RedBull to become Honda-works-supported team in 2019
    - McLaren will run Renault engines with Nissan-Nismo brand
    - Alonso will renew McLaren
    That's...uh...a lot of changes. I really won't believe Red Bull actually are going for a Honda engine until that actually happens. I mean, Honda haven't gotten shit right in 3 years. Maybe they're playing the long game before the new engine regs in 2021?

  20. #1900
    metacannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Actually an '06.
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    I mean, Honda haven't gotten shit right in 3 years. Maybe they're playing the long game before the new engine regs in 2021?
    Honda had a Team spend time in Germany with Merc "helping" them get the fundamentals right in this Winter (just like Renault before, and Ferrari had to allow this under Concord Agreement).

    Hondas Problem was that they could not get HCCI to work, that was previously working in their single cylinder prototype. Its really something that only Merc had figured out fully and has helped all other teams more or less, and its a key technology with the 100kg max fuel per race / 100kg/h max fluel flow regulations.

    p.s. you havent heard that from me.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •