hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Blackjack] Is sexy

[Blackjack] Is sexy

So what does everyone think? Absolutely loving the BJ-1x

BJ-1x: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=7...fa6f578580a149

Those 8ML are beautiful, esp going at 100+ km/h. Heat is not so bad, it cools down fast and on cold maps it only bumps you to about 35%. Last 2 games got about 650 and 680 damage at the end. <3

For other Blackjacks, only have the BJ-3

BJ-3: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=8...0e67e5012790ca

This seems like it would be really good, using the 225XL for that additional 2.0 heatsink, but haven't tried it yet as i don't have the money. Tried about the same thing with a 210XL and it worked pretty great.

Let's see how well they work out in the end.

I'm liking my BJ-3 with an XL200, 2 PPCs, 4 small lasers and full jumpjets with -1/2 ton in the legs.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I'm liking my BJ-3 with an XL200, 2 PPCs, 4 small lasers and full jumpjets with -1/2 ton in the legs.
    You're both doing it wrong: you can have 4 JJs, XL225, AMS and 13 DHS, like so. There is room to trade the AMS for another DHS and more armour on the legs (full armour everywhere except 35 on the legs seems to be the sweet spot for BJs though).

That BJ-1X is probably optimal: although you can trade 0.5 tons of leg armour and 1 x DHS for AMS (given AMS buff and LRM buff).

BJ-1DC looks bad: AC2s are still sub optimal by all accounts, and AC5s are about 1t too heavy (I keep coming back to the feeling that all ACs are 1t/1crit too big - except AC20s). No JJs means that it doesn't do anything that you can't really do already on a HBK or that bad TBK.

BJ-1 - need to test it, but a LPLAS bouncy brawler looks fun (using the buffed MGs to boost DPS in close): like this.
    Last edited by Kai; May 22 2013 at 07:01:26 AM.

Problem is it doesnt really work that well as a brawler, it's too slow for a medium. :/

Anyway, Kai, where are you, come play and stuff! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Problem is it doesnt really work that well as a brawler, it's too slow for a medium. :/

Anyway, Kai, where are you, come play and stuff! XD
    Dwarf Fortress / GF / super low FPS since the start of April. But have been hanging out for the BJ: 8ML + JJs is best BJ c/d? Will see if my FPS is still fucked.

You can't get 8ML with JJs. :P

You can't get best BJ.

I love me some BJ

BJ BJ BJ... all I see is blowjobs. I don't care how the mech is named, I will henceforth refer to it as the Blowjob.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    You're both doing it wrong: you can have 4 JJs, XL225, AMS and 13 DHS, like so. There is room to trade the AMS for another DHS and more armour on the legs (full armour everywhere except 35 on the legs seems to be the sweet spot for BJs though).

That BJ-1X is probably optimal: although you can trade 0.5 tons of leg armour and 1 x DHS for AMS (given AMS buff and LRM buff).

BJ-1DC looks bad: AC2s are still sub optimal by all accounts, and AC5s are about 1t too heavy (I keep coming back to the feeling that all ACs are 1t/1crit too big - except AC20s). No JJs means that it doesn't do anything that you can't really do already on a HBK or that bad TBK.

BJ-1 - need to test it, but a LPLAS bouncy brawler looks fun (using the buffed MGs to boost DPS in close): like this.
    BTW if you're going for AMS and a bit less heat efficiency: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=7...6bcbb3e64b3f86

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutreiter View Post
    BJ BJ BJ... all I see is blowjobs. I don't care how the mech is named, I will henceforth refer to it as the Blowjob.
    BlowJob

Really enjoying the Blackjack, its a fun mech to play, and I also like that its rather challenging to fit it well, lotta potentially good looking fits ended up short on slots or tonnage. I'm planning to run my BJ-3 as something very similar to the cannon BJ-1DB fit; ended up with this BJ-3. Trying to pull off the cannon 4x ML's I kept ending up with 3 slots left & 2 tons. Had thought about throwing a half ton of armor back on the legs & running either BAP or AMS, but ideally I shouldn't be close enough to someone for BAP to be useful, and I've found the BJ is short & mobile enough that you can usually find cover from LRMS if you don't ignore the incoming warnings; so I upped the ML's in the arms to MPL's. If I can practice some semblence of fire discipline I may consider swapping the large lasers for ER's.

Add jumpjets back?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

JJ's are 0.5 tons, would end up with 1 slot & ton free, half ton free if I add armor back into the legs. I don't feel that the extra JJ's really add much on this thing as its jump distance is pretty shit even with all 4, and I've found that 2 are sufficient for how I use them, which is mainly for mobility not jump sniping.

I AM DISAPPOINT
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT BLACKJACK

Spoiler:

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by EntroX; May 22 2013 at 06:10:08 PM.

GTFO

B&

pls nerd

go
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

I would pony infaction the shit out of you. Hustlin for MWO SUB FORUM MOD `13: NOT THE MOD WE WANT, BUT THE MOD WE DESERVE.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    I would pony infaction the shit out of you. Hustlin for MWO SUB FORUM MOD `13: NOT THE MOD WE WANT, BUT THE MOD WE DESERVE.
    Looks like it happened anyway.

With all the aspergers in this subforum it was only a matter of time before someone got the ponies out.