hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: may pruning

may pruning

so in the last few days i have been tweaking the anti-spam system a bit further and i found out a few things i could optimize and i have been playing with them, things are looking good but some bots have managed to squeeze in in a way that i wasn't expecting so i will try to plug that hole soon(tm).

now more on topic with the thread's title, i have pruned around 15k accounts that never accepted the email confirmation when registering since hey, if they never accepted it its not like they could do anything anyways. if someone was affected then a) too bad, you never told me and b) you can register again anyways.

i will be cleaning up bots that also managed to get trough, probably this weekend however.

also, in case you care, the only reason i am doing this is because i recently noticed why it was never re-sending registration emails, there were simply too many of them.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

thank you

inb4 the entire user database is deleted

So I assume Quackbot's functionality is now heavily curbed?

i may prune too
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    so in the last few days i have been tweaking the anti-spam system a bit further and i found out a few things i could optimize and i have been playing with them, things are looking good but some bots have managed to squeeze in in a way that i wasn't expecting so i will try to plug that hole soon(tm).
    So if a member is new all of their posts will be manually checked by the staff now? Cool feature but I think you could speed up that checking a bit.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobonga View Post
    So if a member is new all of their posts will be manually checked by the staff now? Cool feature but I think you could speed up that checking a bit.
    serves you right for being new

nope, its automated.

only posts that fit certain details get automatically flagged for approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    serves you right for being new
    Noob is in the name, sorta obvious. (Obligatory Ban '13s)
    All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

For when the inevitable happens. Alt Accounts(tm).