hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: "Wait, zoom in, enhance, whoa, back up"

http://www.geoguessr.com/?v=eyJ0b3Rh...ZSI6bnVsbH0%3D

The one in lithuania i looked around, wound up on the border between belarus and lithuania, looked up the flag, realized where i was, that wasn't too hard.

The one in california i thought I was in TN, its rural as hell, I travelled probably 15 miles down a dirt road before I saw a paved road, which was Adopted by some obscure organization that had a website, letting me know i was in california.

The Australia one was easy, right outside a very uniquely named police station.

edit: without cheating I got like 12k, haha.

You got 32389 points in total.

Yeah yeah, Im late, I know... but just got challenged on IRC. First time
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

First time
    Your guess was 0.108 km from the correct location and gave 6470 points. Notbad.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Donor
    After realizing I was digital driving looking for a landmark to guide me in the right direction I stopped doing that and gave myself a 360 degree view and then I have to guess, google is allowed. I find it more interesting than virtual lost driver. Things I learned, if the dirt is red or orange there is a good chance you are in Australia. If you think it could be the U.S. but something just doesn't look right chances are it is in Australia. If there is a statue of a stereotypical U.S. version American Indian you are in South America. If you are somewhere with no roads you are in Africa.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    After realizing I was digital driving looking for a landmark to guide me in the right direction I stopped doing that and gave myself a 360 degree view and then I have to guess, google is allowed. I find it more interesting than virtual lost driver. Things I learned, if the dirt is red or orange there is a good chance you are in Australia. If you think it could be the U.S. but something just doesn't look right chances are it is in Australia. If there is a statue of a stereotypical U.S. version American Indian you are in South America. If you are somewhere with no roads you are in Africa.
    I was doing same... no cheating with moving viewpoint, only zooming and looking different directions allowed. No googling as it would be too easy if there is some names visible. Best I got was like 12k points.

Often best tip was what side of road cars were driving, left side meaning pretty much Australia/NZ etc. Otherwise sometimes really hard to even know what continent site is as grass and trees can look really same in NZ/Canada etc.

things i learned: Russia is fucking large m8s

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Just as a heads up, red dirt and eucalyptus trees are no guarantee you're in Australia. That shit exists in Argentina too, I grew up down there. First time I got something in AUS last night, I thought it was Argentina until I noticed the side of the road cars were on.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    I was doing same... no cheating with moving viewpoint, only zooming and looking different directions allowed. No googling as it would be too easy if there is some names visible. Best I got was like 12k points.

Often best tip was what side of road cars were driving, left side meaning pretty much Australia/NZ etc. Otherwise sometimes really hard to even know what continent site is as grass and trees can look really same in NZ/Canada etc.
    I get a few right on the nose, but that is because of road names. Seems there is fewer repeat road names outside of North America.