hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Mafia Round 8 Prep Thread

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Vig is a very fun role. Deputy is p good too (fires during day but is revealed by doing so). Stalker (mafsided cop, learns role) also cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    I'm thinking about a Stool pigeon role for my next game. Mafia that only wins with the village if he's the last Mafia member alive.

I think next game should be a lot more role heavy, maybe only a 4th of the people playing as normal villagers.

It may turn into a clusterfuck, but it will be a fun and interesting clusterfuck

Not it wont be

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Hmm the only thing with the witch is the organizer needs to ask him the question at night, after the mob kill, then needs the answer before day. Which is a tall order since not everyone is online at the same time.
    Right, I'd forgotten about that. So yeah, I guess, like the Hunter, it's another role that does not translate to PBP games.

Though, as I mentioned before, the Bodyguard fulfills much of the same function as the Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    I think next game should be a lot more role heavy, maybe only a 4th of the people playing as normal villagers.

It may turn into a clusterfuck, but it will be a fun and interesting clusterfuck
    Confirming Round 9 will be roles-heavy. It's the way I prefer to play, personally. A prep thread will go up when about half of Round 8's players are dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

So, anyone thinking OOG communication is killing the games, look at this game. If anything, OOG coms keeps them alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So, anyone thinking OOG communication is killing the games, look at this game. If anything, OOG coms keeps them alive.
    in game communication is what's killing this game. I was nice and quiet and I stayed alive. start saying a few things and boom I get dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Boomtown View Post
    in game communication is what's killing this game. I was nice and quiet and I stayed alive. start saying a few things and boom I get dead
    Yeah but you say dumb things. The idea if you are a villager is to look like a villager, not trick people in to thinking you are mafia.

Mafia killed all the talking people. Smart way to do it tbh.

Talking less keeps you up into the endgame, then you just have to weed out the mafia from the other info you have.

No oog comms does make this a little harder as we have less read on the mafia when they're all playing from different playbooks due to not being able to coordinate. I like it, though.

lana should have claimed sheriff imo when we tried to lynch him. Would have saved the village a mis-lynched and forced the maf to kill her... we'd have 2 more villas then we do now.

lana should have claimed sheriff imo when we tried to lynch him. Would have saved the village a mis-lynched and forced the maf to kill her... we'd have 2 more villas then we do now.
    I had what, 3 votes against me when I went to bed with over half the people not voted yet? I thought I was likely to be lynched but I had no idea how everyone else would vote. If I would have stood up and claimed sheriff at that point I was 100% dead, as it was I figured there was a slim chance I might survive.

I left some REALLY obvious clues though. TBQH if the village can not see the clues I left then nothing can save them.

Also you wouldn't have had 2 more you would have had 1 more at best assuming you didn't just lynch me anyway because "Lana's just saying that to save herself, clearly mafia"
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; May 14 2013 at 08:53:11 AM.

I had what, 3 votes against me when I went to bed with over half the people not voted yet? I thought I was likely to be lynched but I had no idea how everyone else would vote. If I would have stood up and claimed sheriff at that point I was 100% dead, as it was I figured there was a slim chance I might survive.

I left some REALLY obvious clues though. TBQH if the village can not see the clues I left then nothing can save them.

Also you wouldn't have had 2 more you would have had 1 more at best assuming you didn't just lynch me anyway because "Lana's just saying that to save herself, clearly mafia"
    I considered the possibility that you might have been the sheriff, especially after the discussion about the sheriff death post started to begin at the same time as the bandwagon on you. But I just found it more likely that the mafia made an uncoordinated and stupid attempt to save two of its members, since lynching you at that very day with stephs vote would have achieved the same as tying the vote. The tie indicated steph so clearly as mafia that the outcome would have been the same. Now that it looks like the tie was just stupid play on the villagers part and chance, bent and flightly not voting due to inactivity and cullnean fucking up, I'm rather curious to see how the mafia actually voted back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Boomtown View Post
    Your posting indicated you as mafia and you didn't try to defend yourself. If you had actually read the thread you would have noticed that I was pretty sure that you were a villager due to your voting behavior. You were pretty quick to lynch steph, and everyone who was quick to vote for steph except you had already been killed by the mafia at that point. Maybe you should have also pointed out that simply by posting you made yourself a target, which either meant you were stupid or innocent. A mafia player would've probably been content laying low and using the vote for steph as being marked in the "unlikely" category. Since you are a primary bandwagon target that might not have worked anyway, but you could have tried pointing out.

RE The Sheriff discussion, yes it was a subtle warning that the village missed.

This game wasn't exactly a standard game, and I've been nudging it subtly (which for the most part has not been working) the whole time. FHC cannot into subtext.

Iirc we havent had a game were the mafia did not try and implicate some villager by whacking another, and not once, to my knowledge, has anyone picked up on it, one way or another. So yeah, subtle hints is not for fhc.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

probably true, I didn't know the time zone issue though. I for one would have tried to get people to not vote you.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post

This game wasn't exactly a standard game, and I've been nudging it subtly (which for the most part has not been working) the whole time. FHC cannot into subtext.
    I was trying so desperately to NOT look like the sheriff during those discussions.

Tapaderpin

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post

I was trying so desperately to NOT look like the sheriff during those discussions.

Tapaderpin
    That was quite fun to watch too. I think you did a good job with it.