hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Deals & Discounts Thread

Oh, I have no doubts it's a good tank, I've had gobs of fun in the M103. I just can't seem to find the motivation to play anything higher than tier 8, probably fueled by the subtle difference between "yeah, I'm top tier" in tiers 8- and "fuck, I now have all this responsibility and shit" in tiers 9 and 10
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    oh, i have no doubts it's a good tank, i've had gobs of fun in the m103. i just can't seem to find the motivation to play anything higher than tier 8, probably fueled by the subtle difference between "fuck yeah, i'm top tier" in tiers 8- and "fuck, i now have all this responsibility and shit" in tiers 9 and 10
    I'm just low on motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm just low on motivation.
    Stop driving the AMX 40 then.

Oh, fuck, M103 bonus?

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

NA Memorial Day special. Pretty good. http://worldoftanks.com/news/2347-memorial-day-weekend/

My Chaffee crew needs training and I'm always loathe to run it sense it has such high repair costs and I've always got stuff to buy. Might actually change that this weekend.

Tankers!

This weekend, as we honor the sacrifices of our service men and women on Memorial Day, is the last of our Military Appreciation Month events. As you can see below, we've saved some of the best for last with x3 experience, discounts on garage slots, and Premium time.

Event Starts: 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT) May 24, 2013

Event Ends: 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

x3 Experience for First Victory of the Day
    50% Gold Discount on Garage Slots
    Receive 2,000 XP for Earning the Top Gun Medal
    10% Discount on Premium Time
    6 Months
    1 Year
    50% Credit Discount & 100% Credit Increase Per Battle for the Following Vehicles
    III M3 Stuart
    III M2 Medium Tank
    IV M5 Stuart
    IV M3 Lee
    V M7
    V M24 Chaffee
    V M4 Sherman
    V T1 Heavy Tank
    V M10 Wolverine

30% Credit Discount & 80% Credit Increase Per Battle for the Following Vehicles
    VI T21
    VI M4A3E8 Sherman
    VI M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo
    VI M6
    VII T71
    VII T29
    VII T25 AT

50% Gold Discount on the Following Premium Vehicles
    V Ram II
    V T14

15% Gold Discount on the Following Premium Vehicles
    VIII T34
    VIII T26E4 Super Pershing

Please keep in mind that selling any of tanks above during this event will yield only 50% of the sale price as credits.

I concur. Chaffee weekend is go!

I've been noticing weird bugs since the last patch. I'm not sure if it's just my client or the game itself.

Himmelsdorf - I dropped my Pershing on top of a T32 and died. I think my leading shot bounced or did zero damage. A moment later a Type 59 followed me down and landed on me, also dying. I got the message "We killed a friendly!" even though I was already dead. Game stats showed that I did no team damage and still had two kills even though in the HUD, my kill count got reduced to one.

I've also been noticing "ghosts" that crush fences and such near me when there are no invisible enemies around, but if I or one of my team mates hits a destructible object, we pass right through it, also like a ghost. It's almost as if the client has no idea what is happening on the server, and this is under optimal ping conditions. Shots are still mostly on target so I'm not sure what is up with this game.

When you land on top of a tank, it does damage to both tanks. I guess it still happens if you're dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Simmons View Post
    When you land on top of a tank, it does damage to both tanks. I guess it still happens if you're dead?
    You don't get damage for running into a wreck so why would falling do it? At any rate, I didn't really cause damage to my teammate because I wasn't penalized for it. It's like the client thought my tank was still on the field, but I had zero hit points. I just realized that I should probably throw up the replay in a more relevant thread and see what shakes loose when other people watch it.

Speaking of Chaffee (were we speaking of Chaffee?), my Chaffee is shitting credits!

Victory!
    Battle: Fjords Friday, May 24, 2013 2:03:18 PM
    Vehicle: M24 Chaffee
    Experience received: 3,939 (x3 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 33,156
    Battle Achievements: Sniper
      Spoiler:

http://wotreplays.com/site/207922#fj...st-m24_chaffee

Really tempted to get a T34 even though I already have a Super Pershing, JT88, Type and Dicker Max
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

This site is working on putting together a database of past deals. Not complete, yet, but it could be quite useful.

Anyone found a place to buy that WoT PC gamer thingy? It looks to be good value for money. I have no doubt the actual guide is crap tho.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Korean server page has indicated the Tiger II -> E-75 -> E-100 line is next up for the 30% discount and 30% credit bonus special. Should be starting on June 1st. This particular special is global, so I'd consider it a reliable indicator that the other servers will be getting it soon.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Anyone found a place to buy that WoT PC gamer thingy? It looks to be good value for money. I have no doubt the actual guide is crap tho.
    I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I doubt that.
    You're an AMX 40 duck...

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

FUCK YEAH!

E-75 is a go
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

FUCK YEAH!

E-75 is a go
    Link? I can't find the details on the NA website. Is it like the US Heavy event where T29, T32, and M103 were discounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    FUCK YEAH!

E-75 is a go
    Link? I can't find the details on the NA website. Is it like the US Heavy event where T29, T32, and M103 were discounted?
    T29 was part of another deal that coincided. This is a continuation of the On Track For __ event (as it is called on NA), which puts tiers 8, 9, and 10 on sale for 30% off and increases revenue by the same amount. IS-7 and T110E5 lines got the treatment so far, E-100 line should be starting soon. Probably Saturday.

Yeah I haven't seen any official details anywhere, but I've been preemptively grinding the shit out of my Tiger II in anticipation.