hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 545525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1130

Thread: Europa Universalis 4

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    what are you even supposed to pick up ?
    All of it, in a sale.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Just start with the base game and tinker around a bit. If you end up enjoying it then eu4 dlc are frequently on sale. If you grab all the DLC from the getgo, you're likely just going to overwhelm yourself with all the stuff.

Tooltips contain a ton of information. Mouse over and read them - you'll figure out how their syngergise sooner or later. Learning eu4 is very much a trial and error process.
    Last edited by Zeppelin; March 6 2017 at 10:57:31 AM.

EU4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lolHOI4

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...-weekend-sale/

Humble store sale on all things Paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenOne View Post
    EU4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lolHOI4
    confirming that hoi4 is a flop

Sharts of Iron
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I like HoI it's just way too bloody easy.

picked it up along with CK2 via a 75% humble bundle discount.

am currently invading Europe from America via the custom nation builder as Vikings based in Newfoundland and down towards Massachusetts, planning to burn Britain to the ground, steal northern France after burning Paris to the ground and Vassalize Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

its good fun, game needs proper extermination/enslavement options tho, how else are you going to properly capture the economic spirit of the times?

also, CK2 looks fucking rad, but i didn't buy it until earlier today (ca 3 hours before the discount ended) and because i used university wifi the transaction is undergoing review, why did i not notice these games before now ?
    Last edited by Liare; March 13 2017 at 05:19:50 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

am currently invading Europe from America via the custom nation builder as Vikings based in Newfoundland and down towards Massachusetts, planning to burn Britain to the ground, steal northern France after burning Paris to the ground and Vassalize Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

its good fun, game needs proper extermination/enslavement options tho, how else are you going to properly capture the economic spirit of the times?

also, CK2 looks fucking rad, but i didn't buy it until earlier today (ca 3 hours before the discount ended) and because i used university wifi the transaction is undergoing review, why did i not notice these games before now ?
    There went your freetime =p

Great games thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

There went your freetime =p

Great games thou!

You were lucky that's why. You now will spend countless hours doing virtual nonsense and realize your life has been stolen.

Get Rights of Man, Common Sense, and Art of War for EU IV. Other DLC is flavor imo.

picked up all the DLC, it was discounted anyway.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Tip for maximum CK2 enjoyment:

Give no fucks. Losing your throne to an unruly Duke is just the start of an epic revenge quest which will end with your great grandson, the king of somewhere entirely different, choosing the "castrate" option on the great grandson of the guy who dethroned you and then executing every single one of his kids while they rot, landless and alone in your dungeon. Also, the cruel trait is great if you want some mildly comedic and mildly horrifying options in the events.

Lunatic remains the best trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Lunatic remains the best trait.
    Chancellor Glitterhoof agrees!

Even risking an internet debate, I'd say that to me at least CK2 is the better game compared to EU4. I just think there's more depth and more to do in CK2.
    I always think that EU4 allows you to do little more than change the color of the map while CK2 allows you to fill it with interesting stories. Especially with the latest Monks and Mystics DLC.

Also CK2s music is better than the EU4 music (which is already excellent).
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Well EU4 is a more conventional type of strategy game so it figures it follows much the same drive, to make every bit of land yours. But CK2 is fairly unique and yes, I agree, it is better because of the amusing stories it creates.

also i get actual boners from ck2 when reading through skilled unmarried women

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    also i get actual boners from ck2 when reading through skilled unmarried women
    Confirming. Also main reason to press for womans rights is that you finally don't have to simply marry the quick genius gray eminence female off while Mr. Bread-can-spoil-what-can-you-do-? gets the job.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nders.1005782/

Tons of new cosmetic stuff being added. Doesn't say what's DLC and what's not but I'll assume most of it is.

Diplo automation

Good day all, the time has come at last to talk in depth about the much-teased feature that has our players not wanting to go back to 1.19 for fear of playing without it. Today the spotlight is on Mandate of Heaven's new Diplomatic Macro Builder.

Owners of Mandate of Heaven will have access to a new Macro Builder designed to truly make your diplomats work for their meager salaries. The Diplo Macro will allow you to do almost all diplomatic actions from the Macro menu without having to click from nation to nation.

eu4_158.jpg

Nations who would accept your diplomatic offer are shown on the map in green. Those who would not accept are shown in red while those who are completely ineligible to be asked are in grey. Hovering over a nation will give you a breakdown of the reasons for and against agreeing to your offer. You can use either the map or the list on the Macro Builder to check this information and click on either to confirm the diplomatic action.

eu4_160.jpg

Diplo actions included are Alliance, Influence, Dynastic, Economic, Papal, Emperor and Great Power actions. Gone are the days of desperately searching for who will marry you or who you can kindly ask the Pope to excommunicate.

But we're overlooking one tab here. What's that on the far left?

eu4_161.jpg

Improve Relations is our Leftmost tab and allows for the automation of improving relations via your diplomats. There are 5 rules which you can assign diplomats to work themselves to the bone over.

Target Neighbouring Countries
    Target your own Subjects
    Target nations who have Aggressive Expansion towards you
    Target Allies
    Target Threatening nations

Once assigned to a task, your diplomats will work to boost relations with relevant nations. Once they raise a nation to +100 improved relations, they will automatically move on to another. they won't return to improve relations with an already-improved nation unless it falls below +80 improved relations unless they have nothing better to do.

The automated diplomats also have some logic of their own for who they target. They will recognize "hopeless" attempts to improve relations with nations who already have irredeemably low opinion of your nation and will judge nations based on strength and distance from you when placating threatening nations.

Clicking on a diplomat will stop them from their improve relations mission while right clicking will simply cancel the automation and they will continue to improve relations with the nation they are already active in.

The Diplomatic Macro Builder will be part of the Mandate of Heaven Expansion, which releases for $19.99 on April 6th 2017. The day of release is fast approaching and in next week's diary we'll be covering a variety of miscellaneous additions and changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Diplo automation

Good day all, the time has come at last to talk in depth about the much-teased feature that has our players not wanting to go back to 1.19 for fear of playing without it. Today the spotlight is on Mandate of Heaven's new Diplomatic Macro Builder.

Owners of Mandate of Heaven will have access to a new Macro Builder designed to truly make your diplomats work for their meager salaries. The Diplo Macro will allow you to do almost all diplomatic actions from the Macro menu without having to click from nation to nation.

eu4_158.jpg

Nations who would accept your diplomatic offer are shown on the map in green. Those who would not accept are shown in red while those who are completely ineligible to be asked are in grey. Hovering over a nation will give you a breakdown of the reasons for and against agreeing to your offer. You can use either the map or the list on the Macro Builder to check this information and click on either to confirm the diplomatic action.

eu4_160.jpg

Diplo actions included are Alliance, Influence, Dynastic, Economic, Papal, Emperor and Great Power actions. Gone are the days of desperately searching for who will marry you or who you can kindly ask the Pope to excommunicate.

But we're overlooking one tab here. What's that on the far left?

eu4_161.jpg

Improve Relations is our Leftmost tab and allows for the automation of improving relations via your diplomats. There are 5 rules which you can assign diplomats to work themselves to the bone over.

Target Neighbouring Countries
    Target your own Subjects
    Target nations who have Aggressive Expansion towards you
    Target Allies
    Target Threatening nations

Once assigned to a task, your diplomats will work to boost relations with relevant nations. Once they raise a nation to +100 improved relations, they will automatically move on to another. they won't return to improve relations with an already-improved nation unless it falls below +80 improved relations unless they have nothing better to do.

The automated diplomats also have some logic of their own for who they target. They will recognize "hopeless" attempts to improve relations with nations who already have irredeemably low opinion of your nation and will judge nations based on strength and distance from you when placating threatening nations.

Clicking on a diplomat will stop them from their improve relations mission while right clicking will simply cancel the automation and they will continue to improve relations with the nation they are already active in.

The Diplomatic Macro Builder will be part of the Mandate of Heaven Expansion, which releases for $19.99 on April 6th 2017. The day of release is fast approaching and in next week's diary we'll be covering a variety of miscellaneous additions and changes.
    What I want is for the build spy network mission to get an auto-renewal option. Since it's so vital to keep a spy network up and running to save on tech mana, every time my diplo is cought and expelled, I have to remember to re-assign him 4(2?) months down the line. And then I have to actually do it. I want to be able to re-task him immediately, even if it means he spends the intervening time diddling his thumbs.
    (Of course if he's spend his time making sure that the existing network doesn't decay as fast, I'd take that as well, hinthinthint)