hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [What to do] PI - Processor-only planets

Re: [What to do] PI - Processor-only planets

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid
    Finished it - but it hasn't really identified any holes in the market as far as I can see - volume too low to be viable 24/7. However the buy orders tend to be lower than Jensius and (I would assume) less competitive - so you could put up orders and put up your inputs for a really good price!

New feature idea is to improve when to buy lower tier or intermediate tier inputs. E.g. Say you want to make P4 from P2 - the spreadsheet works out the net profit/loss from that. But sometimes one of the P2 > P3 is loss making as so using the the P3 intermediates instead would give you a larger profit (and also reduce the number of planets required).

Will look at this next week maybe.

I havent actually used it yet, but i can make a comeback to PI, i wasted half a million SP there.
    o7
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Great work Mike, I've been using this for a little while and it's very useful.

Whats this jensius I keep hearing about?

It's like Ji ta, but as a tribute to the player who has helped a lot of Chinese translations, including finding out where the hell the trade hub is on Serenity server.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Urg... Thats it? Way to go mods on overdoing the wordfilter.

Mods in faggotry non-shocker.

Updated version number to 3.5. Fixed a few errors that were present since my last update, so may want to get a fresh copy.

Currently have no motivation to start on working on my 'intermediates' optimisation. Busy for 2 weeks then visiting China for another 3 afterwards. Maybe August-time.

I have a WH that i'm doing PI in. I currently have 4 characters total doing it, and will eventually end up with 9 available characters.

How would you set up the accounts for maximum isk?

Maximum? Extract p1 on most planets, convert to p3 on a separate planet, preferably the same one for each character. Otherwise the pi will be too bulky and you will kill yourself with hauling.

Or, do many single planet chains to minimise being ganked at a customs office.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Maximum? Extract p1 on most planets, convert to p3 on a separate planet, preferably the same one for each character. Otherwise the pi will be too bulky and you will kill yourself with hauling.

Or, do many single planet chains to minimise being ganked at a customs office.
    I have a POS set up to store commodities.

My current strat is to have as many characters as possible extracting p0->p1 commodities on the same planet, and drop them off in the POS. I'm not overly worried about getting ganked, but it is a possibility.

I then have a final character with 4 planets turning those p1 commodities into p2, and a 5th planet converting the p2 commodities into p4. It appears that one character will have a full set of p1's to keep the p2 factory planets running 24/7, have one factory planet to create two p3's 24/7, and the final one can use 1/3rd of its factories to create the final p4.

Has anyone else had experience using many characters to do PI?

Isn't it more cost efficient and easier to maintain to build p2's or even p3's on a planet if it has all the materials you need?

You save on fees but the yield is terrible. Should be able to get 55k p0 per hour on a dedicated planet, turned into p1

I'd like to be able to change the raw data and not have it auto-update, how would I go about that?

Save a copy of the spreadsheet, edit away.

I did, still updates

Quote Originally Posted by Serwenta View Post
    I did, still updates
    On the raw data tab, select and copy the 2 sell and buy columns. Paste over the top as VALUES. Means you overwrite the formula that pulls the price data with the current values.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serwenta View Post
    I did, still updates
    On the raw data tab, select and copy the 2 sell and buy columns. Paste over the top as VALUES. Means you overwrite the formula that pulls the price data with the current values.
    Thanks

I intend to add the option the set the PI tax rate to take account of the coming POCO change. Any preferences over 1 value for all or allowing different values for each tier of production?

Im ok with only one, since I will own the means of produ- er, the customs offices.
    Last edited by Sponk; January 4 2013 at 08:26:49 AM.

Sheet updated, will update OP tomorrow.

Added in Option to set POCO Tariff rate. Current rate is equivalent to 5%, new Highsec will be 10%, new lowsec rate currently unknown. Made this a drop down to ensure whole numbers are used.

Biggest impact is for the P4 outputs as the ratio of PI tax to market sell value is much larger for P3 and P4. P3s are about 6-8 larger that the P1/P2. P4 is taxed 30-40 higher than P1/P2.

Might add a small utility to calculate POCO build costs and time/output required to recover the build costs through taxes alone.

Removed the ability to set DIFFERENT input and output market hubs. The utility just didn't seem there and I was running out of space. Easy to fix/add if anyone really interested in that.