hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [What to do] PI - Processor-only planets

[What to do] PI - Processor-only planets

I'm going to be making some reasonably substantial changes and it may sit in a broken state for a while. Here is a copy of the current version to refer to if you want one for yourself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DdMMnMtSVFmX2c

So I made a spreadsheet to tell me what to make for PI. And then I got bored of PI in fewer hours than it took to make the bloody thing. So I'd like to share it with you guys. It's for processor-only planets (so that they run 24/7) and will tell you what profit you can make.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK78g4kO

Because some fucker sabotaged it I have protected it. Just make your own copy (File > Make a copy) and edit to your hearts content (you need to be signed in for it to work, and so might require a gmail account). If I ever update and add features (will add features for isk) then you can just grab another copy.

You can change many of the setting by using drop-down menus on the first tab ('Rankings'). They are all coloured light blue. If data is missing then update eve-central using "EVE-Central.com Contribtastic" (link) and the XML data pulls will update pretty quickly.

For those unfamiliar with googledocs:
      Spoiler:

Newest Features
    *Added in Option to set POCO Tariff rate. Current rate is equivalent to 5%, new Highsec COs will be 10%, Interbus COs will be 17%.
    *Ready for Crucible release. New PI tariffs on sheet, 50% discount for imports included. For more details see: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/CustomsOffice

NB: Removed the ability to make the input and output hubs DIFFERENT from each other. The 6 choices still remain, however. Contact me if this aspect is an issue for you.

Current features are:

*Choose your own market hub!
    **Choose from Jita, Dodixie, Amarr, Hek, Rens or Oursulaert
    **Now tells you if any market data is missing
    **Set your own acceptable threshold for market order size

* Dynamic calculation of projected monthly profits based on:
    ** Your maximum Command Centre level
    ** Your desired refill frequency
    ** Whether you will buy or sell from buy orders or sell orders
    ** Broker's Fees and Sales Tax levels
    ** (includes PI taxes)
    ** Market hub

* Works out optimum numbers of Launchpads, Processors (and Storage Facilities) for each planet based on:
    ** Your maximum Command Centre level
    ** Your desired refill period
    ** Option to ignore Storage Facilites

* Tells you your 'shopping list' (the inputs to the right)

* Takes figures from Eve-Central automatically - no manual spreadsheet updating required!

I'd like some feedback:
    How could I improve usability?
    How intuitive it is to understand the information as presented? What changes would make it easier?
    What information would be useful in any 'FAQ'?

Some things are in a limited 'beta' version, but I'm open to requests and suggestions.
    Current wants are: automatic exclusion of loss-making outputs, automatic exclusion of chains requiring more than X planets, better presentation of 'shopping list'
    Last edited by Mike deVoid; December 11 2011 at 02:27:09 AM.

Re: [What to do] PI - Processor-only planets

Anonymous user 7188 has opened this spreadsheet.

Pretty sure they are random numbers. Or at least they don't tell you anything about the number of visitors to the document.

Meh, random numbers for anonymous users makes a lot more sense.

I tried taking a look since my 5 NPC nullsec POS fuel planets just aren't worth the twice-weekly trip, but couldn't get any of the drop-downs to work. The arrow is there but nothing happens when it's clicked. Same problem in Firefox, Chrome and IE...but I'm a google docs nub and am likely doing something wrong. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftmann
    Meh, random numbers for anonymous users makes a lot more sense.

I tried taking a look since my 5 NPC nullsec POS fuel planets just aren't worth the twice-weekly trip, but couldn't get any of the drop-downs to work. The arrow is there but nothing happens when it's clicked. Same problem in Firefox, Chrome and IE...but I'm a google docs nub and am likely doing something wrong. *shrug*
    Settings were wrong; fixed.

Im getting a "No data found" on the drop down menus. But it looks great so far, cant wait to try it tomorrow. Gtg to sleep now o/
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Lol, some fucker sabotaged it. I'll remake and repost in a minute.

Updated OP.

Sweet, thanks. For some reason (probably dumb) i still dont get it, i tried saving the file as an excel one and opened it with Office (2010) - no dropdowns. Ok, i'll use the web version.
    In both FF and Chrome (Chrome is a bit better in this case) i dont get anything when i click on the arrows for the drop down menus (i actually have an arrow only on "Command Center" Type. Just nothing happens o.O

Edit: is it that we are several people doing something with the sheet at the same time? And for some reason it doesnt work when opened with Excel :S

Edit 2: I should start reading OP's. File > Make a Copy is greyed out
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

I'll take a look in a few hours

You need to be signed it - get a gmail account. I think yahoo and a few others work too though.

Sorry, im auto-loging into my gmail account but i didnt noticed that im not signed in @ google.com

Also: You are great <3 Tomorrow i'll play with the sheet some more, i need to figure out how to update the prices from eve-central (i just took a brief look at it).

o7

The XML calls automatically pull the latest data from Eve Central. As long as you update EVE Central using their Contribtastic program, then you are fine to go.

I just added the ability to choose a market hub other than Jita, and I'm getting fucking $$ in my eyes again. Amarr and Hek seem pretty free of competition - 3 bil a month making P4 from P3 on just one planet! And just buying and selling to existing market orders!!! - but you'll have to make sure that EVE Central is updated, otherwise you get crazy figures reports (data come through as a '0' instead of blank).
    Last edited by Mike deVoid; December 14 2012 at 04:15:12 PM.

Added a box to let you know if data is just plain missing, and hence throwing out weirdly high or low profit estimates.

sex
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Okay, so it now automatically excludes items which you cannot buy from, or sell to, market; rather than giving you fucked up profit estimates

The problem with market hubs which are not Jita is the low sale volume and lower amount of materials available to buy, which probably make them all unfeasible - along with the (generally) smaller profit margins. Nice to know though.

EDIT: Also added easy options to exclude small volume market orders. Default size of 250 works fairly well.

Since the other market hubs are a pretty much a terrible prospect to consider selling your output products at, I'm considering adding an option to sell all your stuff in Jita. Basically you get to choose the market hub for both where you source you inputs and where you sell your outputs.

You'd possibly be able to source stuff in one hub and sell it in another (Jita). You'd still have to research market volumes of the inputs yourself though, as EVE-Central isn't quite as good as Eve-???.. er whatever the previous popular one was called.

Interested in this?

eve-metrics actually had code that detected fraud. Eve-central doesn't, but has a standing request to 'be shown how'.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

It is the <movement> tag that is missing - so it's not possible to tell how much is actually typically sold on the market - but it was really fucking useful.

I'm adding the INPUT/OUTPUT market hub option right now, just a few last adjustments before it's ready. Got any idea for the another 'feature' and how to implement it too.

Finished it - but it hasn't really identified any holes in the market as far as I can see - volume too low to be viable 24/7. However the buy orders tend to be lower than Jita and (I would assume) less competitive - so you could put up orders and put up your inputs for a really good price!

New feature idea is to improve when to buy lower tier or intermediate tier inputs. E.g. Say you want to make P4 from P2 - the spreadsheet works out the net profit/loss from that. But sometimes one of the P2 > P3 is loss making as so using the the P3 intermediates instead would give you a larger profit (and also reduce the number of planets required).

Will look at this next week maybe.