hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3037383940

Thread: [Mafia]Heap challenge: Round seven!

Well, nicely done, sir toxic.

I was never sure enough of you to suggest a hit, that leading the village around by the nose thing is a bitch on trying to read people. Then again, I think the day 1 abstain and day 2 darkflare spam saved you there, just like they would have saved us if we'd taken you along the way.

Its a pity when the best play is also the most dull for most players. We really do need to work on that happening. ho hum.

gf gents, gf.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    With the rest of the village having been inactive because we held it in an iron grip, dpid had been suspiciously active. He had asked questions that would narrow down the mafia kill list. He had tried to sow subtle suspicion in the thread and in private chats.
    This frustrates the hell out of me. All of the questions I was asking were what I would have been asking had I been a villager, and my activity was exactly because of you guys holding the village in an iron grip, and also what I would have been doing as a villager. It was boring for everyone else, and with you guys only coming to a conclusion a few hours before the end of each day, it was becoming pretty lame since no one else could really participate. All of my communications with the confirmed villager group were aimed at trying to involve everyone else in the game as well. That's what I get for trying to be nice I guess.

Also, most of my picks for mafia hits were biased towards whacking the more inactive posters who weren't doing much more than posting a vote.
    You pretty much telegraphed the fact you were Don I'm afraid. You went from coasting to being supremely active and pushing on people just as the Don was being hunted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

you pretty much telegraphed the fact you were don i'm afraid. you went from coasting to being supremely active and pushing on people just as the don was being hunted.
    Jason this is on you to kill him if it gets out of hand.

With the rest of the village having been inactive because we held it in an iron grip, dpid had been suspiciously active. He had asked questions that would narrow down the mafia kill list. He had tried to sow subtle suspicion in the thread and in private chats.
    This frustrates the hell out of me. All of the questions I was asking were what I would have been asking had I been a villager, and my activity was exactly because of you guys holding the village in an iron grip, and also what I would have been doing as a villager. It was boring for everyone else, and with you guys only coming to a conclusion a few hours before the end of each day, it was becoming pretty lame since no one else could really participate. All of my communications with the confirmed villager group were aimed at trying to involve everyone else in the game as well. That's what I get for trying to be nice I guess.

Also, most of my picks for mafia hits were biased towards whacking the more inactive posters who weren't doing much more than posting a vote.
    You pretty much telegraphed the fact you were Don I'm afraid. You went from coasting to being supremely active and pushing on people just as the Don was being hunted.
    Convo between me and toxic when he posted that:

[00:15] <Toxic> so, everyones bored
    [00:15] <Toxic> and dpid goes and make a post like that?
    01[00:15] <Zeekar> he's getting whacked next
    [00:15] <Toxic> ccc
    [00:15] <Toxic> well, lynched
    [00:15] <Toxic> whacked is what mafia does
    01[00:15] <Zeekar> killed

Very good game; nice to see the village win one. Though it's worth noting I was not, in fact, a doctor (something clearly got screwed up there).
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post

you pretty much telegraphed the fact you were don i'm afraid. you went from coasting to being supremely active and pushing on people just as the don was being hunted.
    OSNAP! Run dorkflare, run!
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

I would have done that as villager as well though, that's the frustrating part. Last game we got screwed because the sheriff let his group be fragmented. Since this group was playing extremely paranoid (plus the rest of the village was bored to death with not being able to participate), I would have been legitimately worried about them allowing it to fragment.

I decided to prowl some IRC logs looking for some choice quotes from this game:

<DarkFlare> i'm not spending the next week teaching people how to be less shit
    <Toxic> darkflare has played over 500 mafia games
    <Zeekar> and still didnt knew when to shut up
    <Bentguru> but still, it would be amazing if I was the don and flat out refused to kill you despite the mafia begging me too
    <Toxic> oh you
    <Bentguru> them screaming at me to make the order to kill you
    <Bentguru> while you slowly but surely murder all of them

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post

OSNAP! Run dorkflare, run!
    I don't like my targets gasping for air when I kill them.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    Why'd you hit me on Day 5 btw? Just wondering if it was just time, or because I dropped the doom and gloom act.
    It was partially random. You also weren't flinging accusations everywhere so I suspected thought maybe you had a power role (or were at least inside the verified circle). Added bonus that you had implicated pratell and I was thinking maybe we could build a case against him since hitting the guy who accuses you is a clueless don move, which would fit with the RP fluff + abrupt stoppage of RP fluff when pointed out (and then cue messed it up when he started adding his own fluff).

Oh, and this is what I PMed to cue yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe
    The mafia is going to kill toxic tonight. He was found to have been poisoned before being stuffed inside a bright green barrel. The suspect is wanted for crimes against originality, and also murder.

The mafia is going to kill toxic tonight. He was found to have been poisoned before being stuffed inside a bright green barrel. The suspect is wanted for crimes against originality, and also murder.

Im looking forward to Cues writeup, but perhaps the missus is causing him trouble again.
    We will of course readily accept nudes of said missus as compensation for the delay!

Im looking forward to Cues writeup, but perhaps the missus is causing him trouble again.
    We will of course readily accept nudes of said missus as compensation for the delay!
    Blame class this time. Firearms apparently requires lots of time in the classroom..

the thing from the buzz buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

Blame class this time. Firearms apparently requires lots of time in the classroom..

?

The missus isn't always the one to cause problems. Sorry boys, no nudes for you. Nice try though.
    to live would be an awfully big adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Flightly View Post
    The missus isn't always the one to cause problems. Sorry boys, no nudes for you. Nice try though.
    How about nudes of Cue?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

pregame, I picked out the don. I wanted dpidcoe since I knew he was a sneaky fuck and I hadn't seen him in full swing. His first PM back to me proved exactly how much of a sneaky fuck he can be, I'll let him show that one off if he'd like, or he can save it for another round. He picked his mafia, started the QT on his own and what not. I wanted to let him have all the tools he wanted at his disposal.

Day one was really funny, since there were lots of questions, and pretty much everyone went for mafia stuff. Larkin protected dpidcoe, Toxic checked DF(lol). Zeek and DF had nothing to do, and the other doctor did nothing(more on this later).

Day two everything started rolling downhill and fast. The push to lynch either DF or Zeek got on hard, and the mafia wanted to kill which ever lived, which would fuck the village pretty quickly, since they were the two coroners. Toxic goes from checking spasm, to steph, then to zeek. dpidcoe swapped from steph to Zeek at the last minute. This triggered both Steph and Zeek becoming a vigilante, but Zeek already had a role, so steph was awarded the role. From this point forward, Larkin always protected Zeek. I also managed to loose my list of who had what role, and the PMs I sent out weren't saved, so I spent a while trying to find who the other doctor was. I got all the other roles from who had PM'd me, but that last doctor evaded my efforts. Maybe it was booms since it was chris or nav6? Still pissed I lost that list. I wrote it on a sheet of paper and I apparently turned it into a mock court thing we had going.

Day three, the coroners overlapped efforts, both checking xenosis, not that it mattered, DF never got his results. dpidcoe and I talked shortly about the messages added to the mafia kills, and he apparently decided to manipulate it, which is all fair, it's why I picked dpidcoe for the role. Toxic checks bent and steph kills downs. I couldn't figure out the play steph made here, which made it obvious there was an underground movement of villagers going on, and steph was in on it.

Day four, zeek checks DF, and I learned that all the PMs I sent out on day three didn't make it, so I had to resend them. The PM system on this forum is really wonky, has caused quite a few problems. dpidcoe starts on pratell, then swaps to varc, another play I couldn't figure out. Toxic checks spasm, for real this time.

Day five, toxic checks larkin at first, then at the very last minute, he swaps to dpidcoe. When dpidcoe says kill larkin, I figure the village has lost this one, thinking toxic was going to let dpidcoe into his little circle, and that'd be all she wrote. Steph spases out about killing spasm, then shits himself at the last minute and calls EVERYTHING OFF IN BIG BOLD LETTERS. Yea, he's weird. Zeek checks nav6, but the PM never reaches me, which is weird as hell. I read it on my phone, but it's not in my inbox. PMs buggy again.

Day six, Zeek checks spasm, dpidcoe hits steph, and toxic checks kilabi. I got all three PMs inside of about 10 minutes, so apparently we had a core group working.

Day seven, zeek checks steph, toxic checks Holme, and dpidcoe targets kilabi. Toxic checking Holme was pretty much the beginning of the end for the mafia in my mind, but I figured dpidcoe might just be able to turn it around at the last minute. At this point I was kinda wishing I'd made toxic don, but told him he was sheriff. Would have been funny, especially with how well coordinated the checks and kills were.

day eight, Toxic checks pratell, dpidcoe goes from toxic to pratell, then at the last minute, to zeek.

Day nine must have been pretty good for dpidcoe at first, since the votes were floating away from him, but he lost it eventually. Toxic checked nicho, and dpidcoe targeted toxic. If the vote hadn't swung, dpidcoe just might have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Blame class this time. Firearms apparently requires lots of time in the classroom.

?
    Goddamned right motherfucker, 'merkah. Or rather, yes, training to be a cop.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Muffinsrevenger is a fullblown fat nerd.