Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1225

Thread: [HELICOPTERS]

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

GSG9
    And the U-boat is a Type 212 A.

Tapapapatalk
    >Implying that the Germans has functioning helicopters and submarines.
    Army and Navy helicopters are not maintained properly. You will notice that the helicopter says "Bundespolizei" federal police.
    nevar forget

GSG9 is not a army unit, it's a border-police one, they would be using the police kit anyway.

the equivalent formation in the army is part of the Fallschirmjäger formation, though FSLK200 (Fernspäher) got shut down a couple of years ago, i don't know who's supposedly doing the whole sneaky sneaky pew pew in the german army anymore.

unless that capability was retired entirely, something that would not surprise me, at all.

edit : derp, it's the KSK, of course.
    Last edited by Liare; February 8 2018 at 08:51:12 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    GSG9 is not a army unit, it's a border-police one, they would be using the police kit anyway.

the equivalent formation in the army is part of the Fallschirmjäger formation, though FSLK200 (Fernspäher) got shut down a couple of years ago, i don't know who's supposedly doing the whole sneaky sneaky pew pew in the german army anymore.

unless that capability was retired entirely, something that would not surprise me, at all.

GSG 9s parent agency hasn't been called BundesGRENZSCHUTZ for years now mate. It's the Bundespolizei, federal police, reflecting the fact that there isn't much border protection going on anymore.

How you know that the Fernspäher are no longer a separate thing since 2008 but missed the renaming of the federal police in 2005 baffles me. Especially since you have more exposure to the latter on airports and train stations than the former. Also The Fernspäher did not exclusively go to the KSK, but also to the Luftlandeaufklärerkompanien, airborne recce companies. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftla...r_(Bundeswehr)

The GSG 9 is being expanded and gets barracks in Berlin, more or less across the street from my place.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Artillery that was modern when the Korean war was going on.
    Well they could have decided to not pull out of buying Archer in 2013 and they would have had some fine (and functioning) artillery in their organisation today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Well they could have decided to not pull out of buying Archer in 2013 and they would have had some fine (and functioning) artillery in their organisation today.
    I can literally not find a single reason to chose the K-9 artillery over the Archer.
    Archer is designed specifically for the Scandinavia terrain.

Well K9 is designed for the Korean peninsula, which is just as mountainous with harsh winters.

That said, the brass just wanted Samsung phones for everybody, and Samsung offered a package deal.

Also kickbacks.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Fire Mission, Fire for effect

I can literally not find a single reason to chose the K-9 artillery over the Archer.
    Archer is designed specifically for the Scandinavia terrain.
    Swedish terrain. Too many bridges in rural places (and probably some urban ones) can't take the axle pressure from the Archer and that was one reason along with problems with the autoloader the norwegian top brass was unimpressed with iirc.

GSG 9s parent agency hasn't been called BundesGRENZSCHUTZ for years now mate. It's the Bundespolizei, federal police, reflecting the fact that there isn't much border protection going on anymore.

How you know that the Fernspäher are no longer a separate thing since 2008 but missed the renaming of the federal police in 2005 baffles me. Especially since you have more exposure to the latter on airports and train stations than the former. Also The Fernspäher did not exclusively go to the KSK, but also to the Luftlandeaufklärerkompanien, airborne recce companies. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftla...r_(Bundeswehr)

The GSG 9 is being expanded and gets barracks in Berlin, more or less across the street from my place.
    my primary interactions with Germany are A: cross border trips to get cheap booze and beer and B : cursing over spotify's continual obsession with serving me german language music. When it comes to the armed forces (wait, you have an army? ), a semi-detailed run-down on applicable NATO units we might encounter in case the home guard got activated including expected British, German and American reinforcements formations and special operations units and the like, cca 2004 and the face-droppingly awful shit leaking out to the press about the sorry state the whole thing is in.

you know, to make it at least plausible that we'd not let some Russian outfit with hodge-podge stolen NATO gear roll up to a installation and give it a C4 enema.
    Last edited by Liare; February 13 2018 at 04:34:24 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

my primary interactions with Germany are A: cross border trips to get cheap booze and beer and B : cursing over spotify's continual obsession with serving me german language music. When it comes to the armed forces (wait, you have an army? ), a semi-detailed run-down on applicable NATO units we might encounter in case the home guard got activated including expected British, German and American reinforcements formations and special operations units and the like, cca 2004 and the face-droppingly awful shit leaking out to the press about the sorry state the whole thing is in.

you know, to make it at least plausible that we'd not let some Russian outfit with hodge-podge stolen NATO gear roll up to a installation and give it a C4 enema.
    Makes sense.

However you mentioned crossing the border, which means you could run into the Bundespolizei, which does border checks and security.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

you're a funny one, do you really expect them to pull over a white-as-snow man driving at the legal speed limit on the E45 in a city-car with Danish EU plates ?

i don't even get pulled into toll checks because the car is literately too small to actually carry enough stuff to break the import limits.
    Viking, n.:

you're a funny one, do you really expect them to pull over a white-as-snow man driving at the legal speed limit on the E45 in a city-car with Danish EU plates ?

i don't even get pulled into toll checks because the car is literately too small to actually carry enough stuff to break the import limits.
    No, but you could see them. You know, with those eyes you have.
    nevar forget

there is no evidence to support your assertion that i have eyes.
    Viking, n.:

You talked about driving a car. Rather complicated without eyes.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Danish people navigate by sense of smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    If you'd ever smelled a Danish cheese you'd know this is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    If you'd ever smelled a Danish cheese you'd know this is not correct.
    most of it is rather mild, it's just that when we do "strong cheeses" we aren't fucking about.

it's not a good cheese unless it comes out of the fridge and gets onto the bread on it's own after all.

You talked about driving a car. Rather complicated without eyes.

Tapapapatalk
    yes, i do this by feel, if there is a crashing sound, i was probably not supposed to go that way.

i also have bumper-car style fenders on it, saves on the repair bills, beyond that, the sat-nav can talk.
    Viking, n.: