hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Spaceship Appreciation Thread

Except the inferior american rover would collapse from the shock.
    She did what?

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.

I've been in this

Really, really tiny on the inside. They must crew the things with midgets.

mate pls

Space planes aren't made for sitting inside. Yet.
    Last edited by RazoR; April 13 2013 at 09:51:49 AM.

If you like rockets and haven't read John Clark's Ignition! you really should. It's a history of the development of rocket fuels, with quite a few interesting anecdotes. Fuel chemists are a brave bunch, often with a lower limb-to-chemist ratio than in other fields.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    52 years ago today comrade yuri gagarin tore off gravity's shackles in brilliant flame of worker's desire to bring glorious communism to the void beyond the earth. have a vodka and post pictures of proud soviet spaceships high above the terrified capitalist lands.

space is not immune to capitalist pigdog aggression. their satellites swarm and multiple like inedible rat! noble soviet pilots take arms to the sky to destroy capitalist oppression wherever it is found!

Spoiler:
    yes those crazy russian bastards actually built a space fighter

Las vegas is not the glorious soviet republic.
    Nobody is going to comment on this one?

Capitalist cultural aggression is everywhere. Quackbot symbolises the blind hatred of the west for the motherland spouted by the unliberated capitalist proletariat. See the way that everything has to be compared to western idols of capitalist debauchery such as Las Vegas? This comparison destroys and dehumanises the workers paradise by comparing it against a hollow, stinking and morally bankrupt "utopia", glorifying callous disregard for precious resources and fellow human beings.
    She did what?

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Fuel chemists are a brave bunch, often with a lower limb-to-chemist ratio than in other fields.
    I think that applies to chemists in general. I had a professor in college who was a former chemist, he said the reason why he left the field was the second lab explosion he narrowly survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Fuel chemists are a brave bunch, often with a lower limb-to-chemist ratio than in other fields.
    I think that applies to chemists in general. I had a professor in college who was a former chemist, he said the reason why he left the field was the second lab explosion he narrowly survived.
    Heh. Dr. Klapötke and his high-energy research group in Munich have had far, far more explosions. "The experimental section of the paper enjoins the reader to wear a face shield, leather suit, and ear plugs, to work behind all sorts of blast shields, and to use Teflon and stainless steel apparatus so as to minimize shrapnel. Hmm. Ranking my equipment in terms of its shrapneliferousness is not something that's ever occurred to me, I have to say."
    This, this, and this should indicate something about the standard lab wear, such as chain mail, bulletproof face shields, and full leather suits.
    Last edited by SAI Peregrinus; April 14 2013 at 07:23:27 AM.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Cool article about the F-1(Engines used on Saturn V's) redesign for the SLS program.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/...lbs-of-thrust/

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    "How do you sprinkle salt and pepper without gravity? We squirt salt water and pepper oil."

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Capitalist aggression continues today. Capitalist pigdog author Zack Parsons has identified American space violence mechanisms. Posting before capitalist secret police eliminate him:

I've been researching the history of war in space for an upcoming article with a sci-fi blog and one of the most recent inventions I have come across is one of my favorite.

Unless you're a big time nerd like me you may not have heard of the USAF's X-37B. It's an orbital-capable drone currently in operational testing. Its exact purposes are shrouded in secrecy, but it has an internal cargo bay and orbital "loiter" capability. It could be launched into orbit to sort of bunk in space until it is needed.

The buzz is the X-37B would be used for covert, anti-satellite war and recon missions. I can imagine one crammed full of land-based military drones, sitting in orbit and waiting for the signal to deploy in an emergency and dump 1500 little robot killers onto a target.

That bay could also be packed full of missiles, waiting to engage rockets or even manned vehicles. We may not know it yet, but we may be looking at the world's first space fighter.

There is also a manned version, the X-37C, which has been sidelined in favor of the drone version. I like to imagine that one was going to be an orbital bus for specops ground forces. Probably not though.
    She did what?

2 phat for a fighter

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/s...ave-a-solution

3 part article from the control room guys and engineers who helped bring apollo 13 back.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    2 phat for a fighter
    'Murica.

It being a space fighter, would the fatness matter?

It's not as if it has to be aerodynamic.

Well it has wings, landing gear, and heat shields for re-entry. One can assume the wings are large enough to just barely allow it to land. Any larger and they would be dead weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]