hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lower North (Tribute/Vale of the Silent/Venal/Geminate)

Re: Geminate 10/04/'11 - Invasion Ongoing

Ahhh so THAT's what happened to the NC fleet....wow nice work.

So had a fun skirmish with Solar again, I didn't take any screenshots this time so you can just use your imagination

------------------------

9:30utc:

We are mostly all docked ship spinning or being afk since there wasn't anything really going and it was looking like it was going to be a boring night. Just as I was about to head of to Minecraft some more someone said a POS was being shot by a Solar Fleet maelstrom fleet in PYY.

We got eyes on them and found out they had around 20-30guys mostly in maelstroms with a few drakes and tackle, they also only had 2 Basilisk. So we form a fleet and get in Scimi's, drakes and canes which we were going to use to get in close and kite. As we were waiting to Titan Bridge ontop of them our eyes said a Scorp Navy Issue had just landed on field with them, so we spammed in alliance there are russians and a scorp navy to kill and our numbers began to go up until we also had around 20-30. The FC then made the call to change out to Abaddons and guardians. So we swap out, I went and got in a guardian because currently it is my only armor ship I own (apart from a carrier), and we get back on the titan.

So it is now 10:00utc and we have got mostly abaddons with an assortment of other armor BS some BC/tackle, 3 guardians and 2 Oneiros. Our eyes then shout that their fleet is moving so FC calls for the cyno to be popped and we jump in on them. Unfortunately most of them are aligned and warp but we catch 4-5 BS and they are quickly disposed of. Our Scorp just bled into hull but our reps held and we took no loses, even the cyno frig servived. We then get a guy to start probing and catch another 2 BS that are at SS. Word comes in that they have landed on the out gate so we warp to gate, but by the time we jump through to D-I they have already warped to a POS so we re-approach gate and hold.

The FC sends an inty to the only other gate they would use to get out of and pretty much as soon as he lands a maelstrom warps to the gate and agresses him, so the inty tackles and we warp to gate. As we got into warp we saw the hostile fleet landing on the gate that we just warped off from so we kill the bait maelstrom and warp back. We get an inty to jump into PYY and he reports they are burning off gate. The FC acts fast and tells fleet to jump in so they don't get too much range on us. Even though we have killed around 5 of their guys they managed to collect a few more that must were afk at the POS they warped to in D-I so numbers are fairly similar again.

We jump in and start burning towards their fleet, us guardians get locks on the few tacklers that we have but in the end we lost a sabre and a ares. Their fleet engages us and people start broadcasting for reps, the first abaddon gets to about 1/4 armor before our reps start holding so they start switching targets, everyone else barely gets past 1/2armor. We have a kronos on field which gets primaried and we start repping him but the kronos doesn't have as big buffer so starts melting fast and he warps off. They then primary a tempest and by the time we get him locked he's pretty much out of armor so we overload reps and bring him back from hull.

At this point they've lost quite a few guys and only managed to kill a inty and dictor so they warp off and we go about looting the field.

All round good fight again from Solar but in the end Brick Squad - Best Squad

Battlereport: http://killboard.brick-squad.com/?a=...&kll_id=105215
    (The battlereport doesn't show it but both fleets were of equal size)

---------------------------

We have been getting some awesome fights in the AU/NZ tz and it is making for some fun fights. It was also fun to not have PL bridge in on us for once. So thanks PL for not knowing about that fight

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change

TY good report.

Around 0000 our I-Hub in D-I was coming out of reinforced.....

Forming our Br1cki armor fleet we have eyes on PL forming a t3 shield gang with local over 100, and 50 solar in and around D-I in shield fleet. PL bomb our jump bridge and get a few afk nappers and we get to laugh at some comedy lossmails.

As the armor reinforce timer gets closer Solar numbers in D-I are around 50, mostly at their POS and trying to harass strays on the station, obviously waiting for the rest of the russians/allies to arrive. PL are still reported forming t3 Tengu fleet and have Titan online to bridge soon.

Comms comes alive when IRC are reported to have a 100man shield gang entering i6 a mere three jumps away and headed our way. FC makes a quick call to warp to Atioth to intercept them on the outgate before the other fleets are ready. Turns out to be a great call, as we land as most of them are jumping in, they are bubbled and the fight is on, our 90odd Armor BS + support vs 100 IRC IN Maelstroms, Drakes and various other shield BS + support. The slugfest starts and primaries are going down pretty fast, we are taking a few losses as well, especially the weaker tanked armor ships and random others but the Abaddons and some others are holding well under reps and Maelstroms are melting on their side. (my favourite primary calls of the night happened at this point "primary poo.....secondary iwasatoad" For possibly the first time ever Br1ck comms discipline stays pretty quiet! Solar Fleet warp their 50 man gang from behind us and join in after not too long, increasing the dps from their side.

After a few minutes word comes that the Pandemic Legion Tengu and Scimi fleet is coming into system so we brace ourselves and try to take down as many of IRC and Solar and we can before we are completely outgunned/outrepped. Sure enough once PL's t3 fleet start calling primaries now the Abaddons are popping fast too and our logi can no longer hold reps. We go down fighting, even a triage carrier joining the fight to keep some guys alive for a few last kills, before those that can get away and the rest of us get the pod express home.

I believe at some point a 20 man NC drake gang also jumped in to join the carnage, but I didnt really notice them to be honest. Local peaked around 350 with us having around 90 pilots and the 20 or so NC coming in at some point. A few of the guys managed to reship quickly to come back in ceptors/tackle during the 20 minute fight. It was slightly more than we hoped for to be honest, and a great call by the FC to start the fight on our terms and force the reds to fight off guard at first. Without PL dropping in we were confident of coming out on top....but hey that's how Gem is atm. GF GF GF.

Killboard skewed due to smartbombs and god knows what else:
    http://killboard.brick-squad.com/?a=kil ... _id=105597

Very nice reports, standard of GBBS has gone up nicely.

So as there is no doubt I have reduced my self to noobstatus when it comes to what ships is da bomb atm, can someone give a run down on why Tengu's are the new Drakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

They've a higher base speed and lower inertia, a lot less signature radius and comparable volley with increased range.

Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx
    They've a higher base speed and lower inertia, a lot less signature radius and comparable volley with increased range.
    Higher ROF, similar EHP and resists to an Abaddon, faster than AHACS or MWD'ing BS with a decent AB.

Thanks. So what you are saying is that, once more, its worth spending time and money on technology to get you an edge?*
    I like that, reminds of the good times when paying through the nose for a Hac actually meant something.

*Yes, ofc you need to know how to use them etc but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Of course it is, Legions, Lokis and Proteuses have been superb alternatives to zealots, lachs and god forbid huginns in ahac fleets. But this seems really more of a topic that would belong in the ship fittings forum or general eve.

Tonight was a rather dull night, NC had called for everyone to be online for a CTA to "turn the tide". PL and DRF had around 800 people in zlz waiting for sbus to online whilst the NC had around 200 caps and 1k+ support, instead of getting the fight everyone was hoping for NC decided to not engage but put 2 tech moons into RF whilst DRF + PL reinforced the station / ihub in zlz.
    We went home rather dissapointed but our eager scouts had spotted 2 afk motherships in tvn- both conveniently located in passworded poses, it ended up with them being bumped out and quickly disposed of

Nyx : http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9439763
    Wyvern : http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9439702

NC morale levels now seem to be at an all time low

Well tbh I would have been relieved they didn't engage, or else it would have been a horrific lag fest.

Can you imagine 2k people in a system all trying to fight on the current server quality.

/me shivers

one can but hope

Man that Wyvern had great cap regen.

Just had an engagement with PL.

This will be a bit rushed so bare with it please.

------------------------

We form up a Armor fleet and head out to kill a couple of SBU's. While we're killing them we get word of some PL guys that have jumped into BWF and have warped to a POS with one of our titans in it. So the Titan pilot changes POS pw and the PL ships go flying. I think he man'd some guns and managed to kill a couple of guys as well. Much laughs were had.

So we murge with a NC armor gang and head out to engage the PL tengu gang. PL aren't going to come through to us so we we jump through and engage on their terms. The fight goes on we start losing stuff but also reps are starting to keep up with damage. We kill a Lach that is sitting still and manage to kill 3 tengu's.

Since we have killed some PL they jump in supercaps and we are told to align out. I miss the order to warp, or can't remember even hearing one and end up diaf: http://killboard.brick-squad.com/?a=...105804&nolimit

-----------------------

So gf PL, maybe next time you won't drop SC when you lose a couple of guys................but we know that is not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoo
    NC formed about 600 dudes initially in various fleets, spread across Vale/Tribute for some start objectives after we had pulled back from RFing early on in the day.

They were quite disorganized at start, so we made a call to form to see what we can do with 170 WN/XIX + 100 PL + 100 RAIDEN or so with raiden/rus in BS + triage and PL in thundercats. Unfortunately we formed up a bit late since it takes always time for NC to get together and moving -- and so the tardiness got us and NC got the chance to get every fleet together and into IR- loaded up.

We somehow had missed killing the SBUs earlier on the day when we were running free with SCs , so took a bit to sort cynos and so forth. I think we had about 300-330 or so at this point with NC loaded with 550 or so in local, but it had been a while since RUS had fought so they were hardon to go in.

We bridged to RDN pos and setup warpins on station, warped in and pew-pew started. Initially NC was falling at rate of 3 to 1 on kills/losses. Tengus were raping while not being touched, and WN guardians took brunt of the dmg. To compensate they brought about a dozen triage carriers on field and NC focused on WN abaddons. With lag -- damage was slow to apply and for about 5 minutes NC killed very little while losing few FCs. However, the tide was turning and server started to catch up a little making NC's superior number apply better alpha.

NC went for triage carriers next, few of which where stuck in triage and fell in about 6-7 minutes. While wreck count was still positive, NC had upper hand and were able to bridge reinforcements reliably. Thus the tide was further turning against us. When the 3rd triage carrier fell, NC brought in about 4-6 suicide dreads an handful of triage of their own and were now able to rep while still slowly killing last of the triage carriers.

RUS called deaggro and went in range of station, docking all primaried ships and trying to slip out of triage on few carriers to dock. Nync called "DOCK" and PL lifted off field while dozen or so BS fell who had drifted out fo dock range along with couple of carriers.

From wrecks looked like about even - but RUS/RND obviously lost almost dozen triage carriers. WN took brunt of losses, RND took few triage and dozen BS losses and PL lost one dictor.

NC seems to have realized sometimes less is more, and used good coordination of dmg and triage on field to their advantage. They played smart and won the field.

GF! (eve-kill is probably still syncing, dunno what will end up best collected board for this but for now: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9449222)

So we formed up this afternoon for a spot of afternoon fishing. The outlook for the day looked quite bright, with lots of capital movement occurring across VOTS / Geminate. Most of it was freighter movement (both jumpfreighters, and via Titan Bridges) and a lot of Carrier movement as Corps moved assets back towards Empire.

The next hour was spent doing alt stuff - invention, some of my own logistics - whilst our eyes were out and about looking for opportunities. It was evident that most of the movement that was happening was station-station, leaving the opportunities to jump on stuff as being extremely limited. For the most part, it was fairly quiet and uneventful.

One of our guys spotted a Carrier who had just jumped to 7-UH4Z, and a cyno was put up with our Macherials/Scimitars bridging through and bumping it away from the forcefield. It took a fairly long time to go down, decent tank coupled with us lacking on DPS, I'd guesttimate it took 5-7 minutes before it finally popped. Support started burning back the ~14 jumps towards FDZ, when somebody mentioned on voicecomms that they had a Titan in a passworded POS in WBR5-R. As support was still 4-5 jumps out at the time, the decision was made to hold a couple of minutes so we had ships available to bump (at this point we had two hictors and Admiral Traun's Vindicator sat on a Titan). A minute or two later (with support still being 2 jumps out), BRIDGE BRIDGE BRIDGE - two Hictors and the Vindicator bridge onto the POS the Titan was in. As we bridge in, the cyno pops - but luckily we all dropped on the Tower rather than random safespots.

My Hictor alt - Brutus Iscariot, and FrozenLight burned towards the edge of the tower, bubbles up - quickly ensuring that the Titan was bubbled (albeit inside the forcefield). The Vindicator burned inside the forcefield, and started bumping the Avatar towards the edge of the forcefield. It was at this point that support started arriving on our Bridge Titan, so I lit a cyno on the edge of the POS (that was tearing through my Hictor at a decent pace), and a whole load of Macherials arrived on the scene.

I'm sure you can imagine that it didn't take long at this point to bump fbrz out of the shields, and as he bounced outside friendly Supers and Titans cyno'd in. I managed to save my Cyno Hic at 15% Armor via some Aeon remote rep loving. <3

A couple of minutes later and it was all over.
    https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa ... ?id=393519

An interesting end to an otherwise quiet afternoon, I lost a cyno bomber alt to gate rats in a lowsec system whilst all this was going down, but had 3 of my characters on that Titan killmail. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorn
    as Corps moved assets back towards Empire
    Confirming this. We got our 'guise run to high sec' orders yesterday. There'll be carrier trains all weekend.

In other news. There was a multi hour (think 8+) multi region bomber fleet last night which did everything from kill sbus and gank campers in vale (not sure I'm a fan of the highs on the nanopest) to assisting tech saves and welping a few on an NC. POS in pure blind before heading back to vale for ZLZ funtimes.

drink, smoke, drink, drink was had by all.

In XSQ after killing the SBU a few guys were re-arming at a cloaky hauler who wasn't so cloaky. PL dram and comet engage him. All fleet warp to tackled hauler. Looks like he'll be fine - some asshat bombs and kills him. Dram runs away and comet DIAFs. Now I remember why I hate bombers: stupid pilots.

PB was pretty quiet. NC. poked towards R-2 as moons came out but apparently reshipped into frigates and headed for the route between PB and Vale. ~almost~ like they knew exactly what we were doing. How strange is that, right? EDITh, we also shot some POS in R6X with little success. I dunno what it was, etc as I was not properly fitted for POS work so remained off grid.

I actually ate dinner in between these major events so may have missed something. I dropped fleet after PB. Sounds like it was kinda rough in ZLZ. Node problems? And many bombers died...but I haven't found a coherent BR for this yet.

Had a gf with Red Alliance tonight, so I will write up a Battlereport tomorrow morning(or afternoon depending on how long I sleep for).

Also got a lot of good fraps so will be able to go back over it and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalorn
    as Corps moved assets back towards Empire
    Confirming this. We got our 'guise run to high sec' orders yesterday. There'll be carrier trains all weekend.
    Your alliance's space is in PB, I thought only assets in vale & geminate were to be evacced?

SO I said I'd write up a BR for a skirmish Brick had with RA.

Basically about 30 RA guys in drake/cane/cyn/scimi gang came through into bwf so we rallied the guys and got a very similar fleet together, they only had 2 scimi's and we had 4 but our gang was only 20-25 on field (we had 30 in gang but not all were there)

-------------------------------

10:00utc RA leaves BWF heading for I00 so we chase and catch a drake which dies quickly. RA jumps into 01- with us close behind and they head to OEY-, when they jump in our forward eyes say they are burning off the gate so we jump in and engage. We take the first loss being a Hurricane but since our scimi's are set up at this point our reps start holding on the rest of our guys that get primeried. We take down around 3 of them at this point without taking any further loses. RA starts aligning out and people start scrambling for points but only manage to get point on a Drake and RA warps out.

We quickly loot field and regroup. RA warps back into the gate and engages a friendly hurricane that is sitting on the gate by himself, we quickly burn towards him to get reps and he jumps out in armor. We engage and get a couple more kills without any loses.

At this point in the fight we have an onyx on each side of the gate and our gang split between them, RA for about half an hour decloaks burns to gate and jumps, and we keep on getting atleast 1 kill ever 2 jumps they do. So after about half an hour they finally engage on one of the sides. The fight is on.

We jump through and engage and almost immediately we see they have managed to get 2 machs and a lot more ecm. 2 of our scimi's are jammed almost instantly so it only leaves myself and another scimi unjammed, the other scimi is primaried and by the time the other scimi's have gotten lock again he is dead. They then primary me and a nighthawk, I stay on field as long as I can then I jump in 5% armor:

I burn back to gate and jump back in, while I was burning back to gate the call is made to deagress and we lose another scimi that gets bumped off the gate.

We start burning back for bwf and we take no extra loses once we deagress. When we are burning I notice our nighthawk jumped out with 0 shield and 0 armor which made me go . We jump through a gate and there are 3 RA intys on the gate and I get pointed by a malediction which is quickly disposed of. We warp to a station and dock up.

So a great fight, ecm is still a bit overpowered but I had ecm drones that kept jamming a hurricane on their side the whole fight so I won't complain about it too much. Most of the loses we took during the fight were just intys which we couldn't rep before they died. Most of the BC/cruiser loses we took were either when we deagressed and ran or they got too close to their fleet and the dps was too high for us to rep.

BR: http://killboard.brick-squad.com/?a=...&kll_id=106556

------------------------

GF once again from the russians and I got some awesome scimi footage (yay finally got fraps).