hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lower North (Tribute/Vale of the Silent/Venal/Geminate)

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Re: Geminate 10/04/'11 - Invasion Ongoing

Inb4 Grarr tells you to tone the smug down (i'm not allowed to mod his forums)

Probably should have made it more clear, it's not my writing just quoting the BR done by someone else since while smug it does cover what happened pretty well.

Re: Venal

On a more general note, Venal has been quite interesting lately with multiple 20-40 people gangs moving around. As of now both Darkside and Black legion have entered the field with black legion apparently living in 6NJ. Looking forward to first real clusterfuck with 4 or more different fleets

In the interests of balance, I should point out that Gypsy Band have had the upper hand over us (Merciless./Cartel./Agony) for the last 10 day with fights going something like 5 or 6 to 3 in their favour, thanks to their very pro use of the arty abaddon/triage carrier fleet and void bombers; and to be fair they haven't dropped SCs all over the place or called their NC friends (presumably NC have more to be concerned about than Gypsy's tech moon empire at this point).

Unfortunately this pro-ness doesn't really translate into small gang pvp, but there were encouraging signs of them actually trying to go roaming today. No real BC/HAC slugfests to report yet tho.

"someone else typed it" is not a good excuse, for reasons you should easily be able to think of

You seriously want him to tone someone else's smug down in a reposted battlereport ?
    That's ridiculous, and considering the lack of content here he should be thanked for bothering, not bitched at for what someone else posted.
    (which is quite informative, so well worth putting up with the retarded smug bits)

If we put up with the smugposts then we must also allow the propaganda posts

There's nothing wrong with smug or propaganda, they make this board interesting to read. Posts that don't refer to a battle report or outright pointless and inflammatory comments will just be deleted and a warning will be added to the account.

Now please, let us talk fighting instead of moderation.

So does this mean we can include blob and ruin again?

And for some content.

Last night the russians launched a full on attack of D-I, they brought in a blob or BS and about 8nyx's, 3aeon's and a lot of dreads/carriers. We in brick just sat there and watched them SBU the system and reinforce the iHub, we didn't have a fleet up and we didn't have any experience FCs on to even think about making a counter attack. But tbh if any fc had been on they probably wouldn't have bothered trying to counter it, we just don't have the numbers to ass around with fleets like that.

Some of us did think of setting up some bombers and doing some bomber runs to kill their fighter bombers but it was going to take a bit of effort to get them set up and make our way around to D-I since the JB had been destroyed. Then there was the problem of getting into a locked down bubbled to hell system so we didn't bother in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change

Talking about blobbing falls under the pointless and inflammatory clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayceoff
    (presumably NC have more to be concerned about than Gypsy's tech moon empire at this point).
    WRONG

I'll let Garst fill in the BR but the spectacle of half the NC chasing little old us around while Vale burns was quite something.

(presumably NC have more to be concerned about than Gypsy's tech moon empire at this point).
    WRONG

I'll let Garst fill in the BR but the spectacle of half the NC chasing little old us around while Vale burns was quite something.
    no need for a br there was no battle. we formed up to fight band, they batphoned when they realized they couldnt win with equal numbers anymore, we got bridged on while traveling home and pincered, blobbed and bent over. bff

From Kugu:

Quote Originally Posted by Elise Randolph
    The real battlereport will have to wait until later, because frankly I'm exhausted, but here's the gist of what happened today.

This morning, NC started for to form the two CSAAs that they accidentally timed for RUSRUS prime in C-F. NC formed a bit early and shoved some caps into system to guard the jammer, but Kula Kain and DBRB were leading support so all was not lost. About 600 combined NC, across four gangs, started heading to C-F; they were sort of lolligagging around, RUS dropped ~200 Hellcats onto Kula Kains fleet in z-something. Apparently warping Alpha Fleet onto Hellcats at 0 is not an elite tactical move. NC managed to break off before getting owned too hard, losing about 80 in that engagement.

Learning his lesson, Kula took the NC support gang straight into the cyno-jammed system and set up on a gate at 70. Although 30 White Noise bombers were reported, Kula allegedly assumed "bombers" meant "battlecruisers" and paid no heed. That little miscalculation cost the alpha fleet another 90 or so, so NC (after having regrouped a bit) were now just about 500 again. DRF & PL had just about 480, with a fair amount of supers on standby. The plan was to send half the fleet to the gate, and the other half to the jammer. Arguing ensued about which team got to do what, and Shadoo lost so PL had to take Tengus and shoot a jammer. Kinda sucked. Meanwhile, DBRB was warping Maelstroms around randomly and what was left of the NC fleet was getting obliterated by half a DRF gang. Instead of taking the ~70 caps to ninja-rep the jammer or help out with reps on battle field, they just jumped out and left. It was clear they gave up, so PL went to the grid and started to 0wn. NC support fleet down, jammer down, and suddenly supercaps everywhere. Shortly thereafter, CSAAs down.

We chased Goonie goons around for about 15 minutes, they logged off. Then we found Razor who I guess decided to be stylishly late, but they didn't want to fight either. Then Goons logged back in, took a bridge ahead of us, met up with Razor, and then promptly ran away from us for the next 20 minutes. Outraged by their folly, NC held some SUPER IMPORTANT SPACE MEETING and allegedly scrapped Alpha Fleet altogether, talked to -A- about attacking White Noise space, and asked some PB dudes to move to Vale. Oh, I almost forgot - right before the super spacemeeting Lord 2 Evil lost an Avatar because I guess blind jumping to beacons is what all the cool kids do.

THE DAY WAS NOT OVER. NC called up the B+ Team (if they brought TEST it would have been the A team) to save another set of CSAAs in y0-. This time it was just PL that were around to thwart the evil-doers. They switched it up to some really funky Armor BS - like, Abaddons with 1200 Howitzers and Megabeam type funky. Funky as they may have been, there were 300 & 80 caps. We sat 60 Thundercats on the other side of the gate as the 380 NC, but they refused to jump in. Leaving the gate, they chillaxed in the POS for awhile and then went AROUND the PL fleet to get to y0-. But for some reason they left Dreads to guard Carriers to rep a station, leaving support like 8 jumps away. So we jumped in Thundercats and owned a few caps until they finally realized it was pretty stupid and they peaced out.

Tactical victory NC saved the two CSAAs in y0-, but still had about 6 stations to save. By now their fleet, which had been up for 5 hours because they decided to form 2 hours earlier than usual, was getting tired. The 300 + 70 caps quickly became 150 + 40 caps. I guess they decided to hatch a cunning plan, sent 40 caps in with 40 support to save the IR- system (which was on the final reinforce cycle). I honestly have no idea what they were thinking, the 120 Armor BS watched a PL guy decloak on their POS grid so they knew we knew they were there. Whateves, I guess USTZ NC plays it fast and loose. So we form up again in more Thundercats, RAIDEN start forming up in Hellcats, we log in supers, and NC caps are still sitting with like, no support, zero speed, at a planet. A PL dictor then lands on grid, bubbles all the caps, and we just jump in and start OWNING. The 40 man NC support fleet just peaces right out, and the 120 Armor BS that were "hiding" bridge in at a safe near the caps. We were like, hrm 40 caps or 120 scrubs yea we'll stay here with the 40 caps thanks. It feels like about five minutes of waiting and then the NC Armor fleet comes to save their caps, which had mostly died. Warping 120 support into 80 support, 40 moms, and PL titans that got a chance to refit is really not the best plan. As you can imagine, the NC support fleet didn't fare too well. 35 caps died, I think 3 got out because our in-cyno bumped them out of the bubble, and like 80 of the NC support fleet got a face full of Tengu. We took the system and put another 6 stations into final RF.

So NC saved 2 CSAAs and 1 system today, but they lost 2 CSAAs (confirmed Leviathan and Nyx in build), a 600 man support fleet, a titan, 40 caps, a 120 man support fleet, and I lost count of how many systems got either flipped or pushed into final RF. According to eve-kill (and assuming they mined for their supers) it was a 350 billion isk day for the NC, poor fellas.
    IR- battle report

So much...rape, it's beautiful.
    Hey, I just met you,
    and this is crazy
    but here's my number,
    so call me, maybe?

This day better be frapsed!

Also, no mention of lag/response times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Well atm there are 100+ russians in D-I in a BS/Cap fleet killing the station and station services.

Since Brick is pretty much on our own atm (I believe the NC won't be helping to save Gem) there isn't much we can do about it, we just can't field a fleet big enough to take them on, we can only really muster up half their numbers.

So it is not if we lose gem it is when we lose gem at this point

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change

wasn't just the kitchen sink, was the whole kitchen.

ended up a 80v250 odd ( rough numbers)

friendly fleet did alrite avoiding complete destruction with a good number getting out.

shame nc worry about us compared to gem cause it ain't going well over there atm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Cutter
    Well atm there are 100+ russians in D-I in a BS/Cap fleet killing the station and station services.

Since Brick is pretty much on our own atm (I believe the NC won't be helping to save Gem) there isn't much we can do about it, we just can't field a fleet big enough to take them on, we can only really muster up half their numbers.

So it is not if we lose gem it is when we lose gem at this point
    Wasn't the RAGE fleet supposed to be jumping to support you?

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/kill...&system=O-LR1HWe caught them just off a POS.

They killed our cyno pretty rapidly but we still managed to get enough on grid to hold them and rep a Tengu out of structure.

Got home from work and logged into mumble. Shadoo was doing his bomber dance and he kept saying 'We can almost do this' and a lots of 'hmmmm I think we should'. He quickly called a fdz cyno to bring bombers home, and a lot of pings went out for thundercats. The bubble was dropped and the cyno was light.

A second cyno went up quickly after ours and my heart jumped. It wasn't called for on mumble, but blues came through. Something we are not used to Raiden. brought their own hellcat fleet. No enemy support fleet was on grid, and the first bubble caught all but 3 carriers. The call for supers went out, on both sides, and they jumped in as session timers expired. A armor fleet warped on grid, pulled in by our hictor bubble. A little too close to our tengus.

We had two separate FC's calling targets for supers, and targets for support. Was pretty amazing to listen to as the carriers were dying as fast support, and the two experienced FC's and the fleet had no problems with two sets of targets being called.

They tried warping off to a friendly POS but got the password wrong, we landed on them at 0 with a probe result.
    We jumped in a combined 22 tengus, 42 abaddons, 4 titans (3 PL 1 Raiden.) and 41 Supercarriers and an assortment of recons (huggins) and logistics.
    We killed a total of 32 carriers, 46 battleships, at a total of 97. We captured one station, killed a few ihubs and put around 8 more entities into another cycle of reinforce.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

This is a good post ^

Yours, ironically, isn't