hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Warframe - F2P Co-op Spaceninjas

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post
    Speaking of, are the 0.1 Puncture mods (obvious raised up to 0.2 and onwards) any decent?

I'm still using a Braton (?) and the AKBOLTO's which are fucking awesome. And a plasma sword.
    After ember I'm going to work towards those two fancy pistols, whatever they are called.

Playing this shit now since Gaijin went full retard with their diamonds.

The_Razor

Already bored to death.

Penetration mods and the other rare cards are fuck huge XP/money sinks to upgrade. Very situational it seems. Most enemies rarely stack up in big enough groups to warrant a penetration mod. I just tossed mine on the Gorgon because it fits with the whole "Overwhelming DAKKA DAKKA" going on. It really helps for infested missions when you need to mulch swarms of chargers. Also punching holes through the grineer with the shields is nice.

Btw the the number on those cards stands for penetration in meters the projectile travels after hitting an object like an enemy or a wall. I'm also fairly sure it applies any extra damage mods to the projectile after it exits the target, but it's hard to tell when I'm shooting at a ton of infested.

Bolt weapons are pretty pro because they cause stagger AND ignore armor completely.

I'm tired so this probably didn't make any sense.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Mate of mine convinced me to install this the other night. Its simplistic and grindy, but I'm having fun for the moment mowing things down while cloaked on my Loki. Probably not worth much real money (some of the packages they offer are levels of cost), but its amusing enough for a few nights of play as a free to play alternative to whatever usual game you play. Best fun so far is using Loki to round up huge clusters of enemies so Mag can crush them all into one TSA approved carry on package.

It is fun for 1-2 nights with beers and mates.
    Beyond that it is terribly bland and grindy.
    They really need some different level types.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Just picked this up on the advice of friends. After a few rounds of play, dropped $20 on a Steam Starter Pack - the developer prices for platinum are full retard by comparison (e.g. $10 for 170 platinum vs $20 for 500 platinum in the pack on Steam). Running around in the Excalibur suit, packing a Bo staff, Aklato pistols and a Braton assault rifle. Using the Shade drone so I can cloak up when they're close then pop back out and hit shit with my staff.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Just picked this up on the advice of friends. After a few rounds of play, dropped $20 on a Steam Starter Pack - the developer prices for platinum are full retard by comparison (e.g. $10 for 170 platinum vs $20 for 500 platinum in the pack on Steam). Running around in the Excalibur suit, packing a Bo staff, Aklato pistols and a Braton assault rifle. Using the Shade drone so I can cloak up when they're close then pop back out and hit shit with my staff.
    Woah. People are still playing this?

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

it's fun to play every couple of weeks
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Hitting things is always fun.

Was ok with people meh solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    QFT.

I played it for a bit, controls and mechanics feel a little clunky, not very smooth at all.

Sounds were average, guns didn't feel that great to shoot, melee is a bit more fun but such a pain to get into range with no dash and enemies spawning in weird places.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

I find aiming is a little twitchy, but I just need to adjust mouse sensitivity I suppose. The starter rifle is utter shit, the difference between the handling on the Braton MK I and the standard Braton is quite noticeable. I haven't been inclined to try for any other rifles, though I suspect they're XP locked anyway.

Vaguely annoyed at the stealth side-arms (throwing stars & knives) being XP locked at the start. If I was playing as a Loki or Banshee I'd want those right away ...

Spent my last Platinum on another pistol (the one that looks like a flintlock and can staple NPCs to walls) and ... jet wings for my Shade sentinel. Because.

It's very much a casual game, in that I couldn't play it all the time. It'll be nice to drop in every once and a while to play with friends.

I really like the art direction. If I had a spare $250 I'd buy the fanciest Founders edition just for all the sweet looking gear - but I'd rather buy a bike.

Long-term plan is to keep "growing" my Excalibur & gear, then buy (via credits) blueprints for a Nyx (also vaguely annoyed there aren't male/female options on suits, I am morally opposed to sacrificing my penis for freaky mind powers, but with great crowd control comes great sacrifices I guess)
    Last edited by Sparq; September 30 2013 at 07:01:33 AM.

Is stealth still lolno?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

The game is apparently releasing on PS4 too. I wonder if the controls and casualness will lend themselves better to a console. Would also like split screen.

Anyways need to finish my ember set. Still gotta get stuffs.

If anyone wants some help or whatever, i was actually bored enough these past 4 months to almost literally acquire everything this game has to offer.

Game is getting boring, but shooting stuff is shooting stuff, and shooting stuff never gets old.

Since I know that the beginning of the game is the most boring part until you get your first proper weapons of mass destruction and your frame of choice, i am willing to drag you along for some epic killing to get you off the ground in a reasonable amount of time (i.e. not 1 week of grinding mercury, more like 1 evening of painting the map with blood).
    Last edited by Blutreiter; September 30 2013 at 12:38:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

When I last played this I got to the point of soloing the (at the time) hardest void missions, so I'll answer what I can here. Some stuff has probably changed because I haven't bothered to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marram View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    QFT.

I played it for a bit, controls and mechanics feel a little clunky, not very smooth at all.

Sounds were average, guns didn't feel that great to shoot, melee is a bit more fun but such a pain to get into range with no dash and enemies spawning in weird places.
    Melee is super useful and arguably OP. Its the only realistic way to deal with the infested swarm spam. Ignore anything that doesn't cleave, "dps" from your melee weapons is difficult to pull off for no real gain. Instead, melee weapons like the Orthos (halbered), 2H hammer, etc. Can all do large arc attacks that wipe out everything around you. DPS-oriented weapons can make you more maneuverable (midair dashes, sliding dashes, etc), but even on a frame like the Loki I never found the tradeoff to be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    I find aiming is a little twitchy, but I just need to adjust mouse sensitivity I suppose. The starter rifle is utter shit, the difference between the handling on the Braton MK I and the standard Braton is quite noticeable. I haven't been inclined to try for any other rifles, though I suspect they're XP locked anyway.

Vaguely annoyed at the stealth side-arms (throwing stars & knives) being XP locked at the start. If I was playing as a Loki or Banshee I'd want those right away ...
    Kunai probably have been nerfed since I last played it, but the stealth system was basically useless unless its had a major overhaul. Once the intruder alarm is tripped there is no going back, and many sections will feature constantly spawning enemies. Exterminate missions would be even harder to do full-stealth, and it would really slow you down even if you bothered. Kunai's primary strength came from everything but their silent nature: fast automatic fire, near-instant reload, armor-ignore, and stagger on impact. Honestly, none of the secondary weapons interested me all that much, and while I ran Kunai, I never felt particularly satisfied with them or any other sidearm I tried.

I felt there was a use for Sidearms for a while, but once you start using your consumables even that reason will go out the window. One of the primary "balancing" methods the game uses is ammunition limations in mission, but with each consumable ammo pack providing a 100% reload to that gun, the primary drawback of high ROF weapons is removed. As a result, I never cared about any sidearm I had, and never bothered to potato any of the ones I used.

Spent my last Platinum on another pistol (the one that looks like a flintlock and can staple NPCs to walls) and ... jet wings for my Shade sentinel. Because.

It's very much a casual game, in that I couldn't play it all the time. It'll be nice to drop in every once and a while to play with friends.

I really like the art direction. If I had a spare $250 I'd buy the fanciest Founders edition just for all the sweet looking gear - but I'd rather buy a bike.

Long-term plan is to keep "growing" my Excalibur & gear, then buy (via credits) blueprints for a Nyx (also vaguely annoyed there aren't male/female options on suits, I am morally opposed to sacrificing my penis for freaky mind powers, but with great crowd control comes great sacrifices I guess)
    General point on gear and suite: they are all generally useful once you rank them up and install the appropriate mods. I found the Braton (not the shit version you start with, the real one) to be the best overall weapon in the game, but you can use pretty much anything once you grind it out. Unless you are packing for a specific scenario, you'll want a way to deal with high-hp armored targets, long-ranged ranged targets, and monster swarms. In my experience, the Braton deals with the first two just fine, and contributes to your cleaving melee pick for the third. Its not the only way to do it or anything, I'm just trying to drive home the use cases you'll want covered, and from there on its just a matter of modding the chosen weapons out to be useful.

Suits follow the same logic, but mostly they only have one or two unique powers you'll actually care to use. "Spellcasters" like Nyx have their places, but I'd probably recommend getting a heavy set like Frost first, as they are just stupidly broken. Much more tank, huge AoE kill fields and/or disruption abilities (Snow Globe single handily invalidates two thirds of the factions you can face), and all for the cost of... running a bit slower? For point of reference, I was literally unable to find content I couldn't solo in my Frost suit, which included void missions and some special event survival missions (like 50 waves or something stupid). A caster - any caster - will not get you the same results, and are really designed to be added to a squad.

Is stealth still lolno?
    Stealth splinter-cell style is still probably lolno (I'm a few patches out of date, but the problems were so deep I can't imagine it changing much yet). Temporary stealth, such as a Loki can achieve, is very useful. A Loki can basically ignore all the enemies in every non-exterminate mission if he wants; long-duration invisibility, long-distance teleport (switch teleport can target your own decoy if need be, giving the Loki a 50e teleport to basically anywhere in the game), highest sprint speed in the game. You can skip tons of content and enemies with a Loki, which can be very handy when you are just interested in clearing out a system, or running the same mission over and over again to farm a boss or whatever. Switch-teleport is also the #1 troll skill in the game, great for trolling corpmates on TS with.

I havn't played this in a few weeks, but Nova + that revolver sidearm is so damn fun
    胆小鬼的泪
    The true battle only begins when you lose.

Protip: If you have Ember and dual secondaries, equip her with the Noble animation set in the Arsenal, highlight the secondary weaponslot and wait a bit.

Dat ass. Dem tits.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Watched some Vidyas about Warframe and now feel I have a better grasp of all the 'frames. Not sure now whether I want Nyx next or Ash. Or Rhino. Or ... Nekros. Loki! Volt?

Fuck.

I also now know that the Nyx blueprint I bought only allows me to combine the helmet, suit & systems that I need to find as drops in the world. Which (imo) the game doesn't do a very good job of explaining by itself. That aside, I am pretty happy with Excalibur right now, running around with 200% health, 30% shield regeneration. Or (just to look awesome) I can switch out the shield regeneration for a 20% parry so that in the middle of a shit-storm Excalibur pulls out his staff and starts deflecting shots back. Sticking with the Braton for now, as you say Vortex it's pretty sweet. I think I've got an extra 30% ammo drum installed so I'm not running into many issues there. Next step is to try to get reload speed up.

Having a hard time trying to settle on which pistols to focus on: Lato/Aklato look sweet, the revolvers have a nice punch to them and the Bolto (even if it looks like a space-pirate flintlock) is pretty beastly. I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A FUCKING PUNCTURE CARD DROP.