hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2414

Thread: Warframe - F2P Co-op Spaceninjas

  1. #2301
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Have Ember.. Seems weak but I think I just need better mods.. But damn I love to watch the world burn.
    Ember is Fantastic at noeffort until about level 50. The jump from lvl 40 to 50 enemies is noticable, where you need a second or two to hang around to kill more armoured targets, or they need a slash or shot to help them on their way.

    After 50 Ember drops off in capability to cheese with World on Fire.
    I have two setups, one is new and eats more energy over time but does more damage, the other is a pretty stable well balanced setup. These require Forma.

    Balanced Efficient energy consumption
      Spoiler:


    Burn hotter, longer duration, less energy efficient.
      Spoiler:

    If I had half those mods....

    I have some friends who occasionally pull me along to do a level 40+ mission.. Fun times are had by all keeping me alive...

    Is the boost from Corrosive Projection really that good? I've noticed a LOT of people run this on Ember. Literally even build I've seen has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  2. #2302
    Procellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Yes and no. Corrosive Projection is awesome at lower levels or when the whole squad has it. At higher levels it doesn't do as much because the enemies have so much armor reducing it by even 30% does little to diminish an armored target's damage reduction.

    Unless you are using a weapon that procs Corrosive reliably or have a skill that gets rid of armor it isn't really worth it. But most people just tend to slap it on and roll with it just in case.

    Here is the wiki page on it. It does a better job of explaining what I just wrote.
    Last edited by Procellus; August 6 2018 at 11:06:55 AM.

  3. #2303
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,268
    Armour scaling desperately needs a good kick, it's horribly broken to the extent where ways to avoid armour completely are effectively mandatory at higher levels. (Say, augmented armour sortie 3.)
    Corrosive Projection is worth it if you have several in squad, but as Procellus says having just one isn't too great. It's not bad, but depending on your setup there may be better options, as the armour scaling rapidly goes wonky on the baddies after ~lvl 40. (Especially on the bigger Grineer.)


    As I'm having a slow lunch, some examples: lets say you're shooting 10k damage packets at a Grineer with 9k armour, and you're ignoring everything except aura effects. These are the rough damage numbers you'll see:

    Rejuvenation (or any other non-damage): 303 damage
    Corrosive Projection (1x -30% armour): 454 damage
    Deadeye (+52.5% sniper damage): 503 damage
    Steel Charge (+60% melee damage): 528 damage
    Corrosive Projection (2x, -60% armour): 770 damage
    Corrosive Projection (3x, -90% armour): 2500 damage
    Corrosive Projection (4x, -100% armour): 10000 damage

    There are a lot of other options to work around armour (eg critslash melee could see a lot more than that "60%" damage out of a steel charge, or corrosive beam weapons etc), but the above demonstrates the armour problem pretty well. :s



    In other news, umbral valkyr is done and is fairly silly; just waiting with some trepidation to see how melee 3.0 develops.
    The increased base range on most things looks lovely tbh, as I really want to like the Venka (Prime) but holy shit they feel like they've got negative range sometimes, even with a range mod.


    Question now is, do I work up an Oberon or a Saryn next? I've not played either much since their respective reworks and both have strong fashionframe potential...

  4. #2304
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Armour scaling desperately needs a good kick, it's horribly broken to the extent where ways to avoid armour completely are effectively mandatory at higher levels. (Say, augmented armour sortie 3.)
    Corrosive Projection is worth it if you have several in squad, but as Procellus says having just one isn't too great. It's not bad, but depending on your setup there may be better options, as the armour scaling rapidly goes wonky on the baddies after ~lvl 40. (Especially on the bigger Grineer.)


    As I'm having a slow lunch, some examples: lets say you're shooting 10k damage packets at a Grineer with 9k armour, and you're ignoring everything except aura effects. These are the rough damage numbers you'll see:

    Rejuvenation (or any other non-damage): 303 damage
    Corrosive Projection (1x -30% armour): 454 damage
    Deadeye (+52.5% sniper damage): 503 damage
    Steel Charge (+60% melee damage): 528 damage
    Corrosive Projection (2x, -60% armour): 770 damage
    Corrosive Projection (3x, -90% armour): 2500 damage
    Corrosive Projection (4x, -100% armour): 10000 damage

    There are a lot of other options to work around armour (eg critslash melee could see a lot more than that "60%" damage out of a steel charge, or corrosive beam weapons etc), but the above demonstrates the armour problem pretty well. :s



    In other news, umbral valkyr is done and is fairly silly; just waiting with some trepidation to see how melee 3.0 develops.
    The increased base range on most things looks lovely tbh, as I really want to like the Venka (Prime) but holy shit they feel like they've got negative range sometimes, even with a range mod.


    Question now is, do I work up an Oberon or a Saryn next? I've not played either much since their respective reworks and both have strong fashionframe potential...

    if you run with say coaction drift for increased effect of aura, 3 of you can run corrosive projection for effectively -100 armour. for higher level targets this is really effective, otherwise 4 of you need corrosive to strip armour to -100%.
    Depending on the job, and frame, i use different auras.
    But the armour really piles on from 40-50 and after 50 embers fire damage from world on fire just cant do it, neither can limbos damage AOE cataclysm, and a bunch of other AOE type abilities.
    Unless the squad really focuses on an aura setup.

    I forma the polarity on some frames (rhino) to let me use corrosive, its that overpowered when you go up against high level enemies.
    For Index, i use Rhino, and fit him with the Shield disruption mod for -24% shields. if 4 of you have that it makes them rather easy to tackle as they are corpus based, this matches with the - for corrosive i use for other things.

    If some dipshit has rejuvination just because it matches polarity then it doesnt really help, a bit of a trickly increase in health. doesnt help when you get derped for 500 per hit at higher levels (Sorties and ESO)

  5. #2305
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Have Ember.. Seems weak but I think I just need better mods.. But damn I love to watch the world burn.
    Ember is Fantastic at noeffort until about level 50. The jump from lvl 40 to 50 enemies is noticable, where you need a second or two to hang around to kill more armoured targets, or they need a slash or shot to help them on their way.

    After 50 Ember drops off in capability to cheese with World on Fire.
    I have two setups, one is new and eats more energy over time but does more damage, the other is a pretty stable well balanced setup. These require Forma.

    Balanced Efficient energy consumption
      Spoiler:


    Burn hotter, longer duration, less energy efficient.
      Spoiler:

    If I had half those mods....

    I have some friends who occasionally pull me along to do a level 40+ mission.. Fun times are had by all keeping me alive...

    Is the boost from Corrosive Projection really that good? I've noticed a LOT of people run this on Ember. Literally even build I've seen has it.
    The balanced build is the better i believe, having time to test.
    The Augur mods are gotten via bounties on the plains, not too difficult to get at all.
    Fleeting and Transient are gotten via Derelict Vault runs, ask and people will take ya along. easy peasy.
    Replace prime and umbra mods with the normal version, its only a small difference.
    Streamline and stretch are easy gotten through normal play.
    Corrosive projection- keep an eye out for alerts offereing it.
    Power drift is done via Power challenge on Lua. Ask and someone (im happy to) can do it with ya to find it and complete. easy peasy. (so long as you are far along the story and have lua available).

    base Ember is gotten from jupiter or phobos or somewhere killing the boss there.
    Not base ember you cant get unless you got some cash to get plat, and buy parts from players. Prime ember is vaulted. Doesnt make too much difference though.

    Done.

  6. #2306
    Procellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    For my D polarity frames I typically use Stand United. It gives 25.5% more armor which is more useful than the paltry amount of health Physique gives. Rejuvenation gives some health regeneration and that's pretty useful to frames that already have high armor and could use a bit of health. Growing Power is absolutely fantastic on my Rhino Prime and Oberon.
    Last edited by Procellus; August 6 2018 at 06:43:46 PM.

  7. #2307

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Procellus View Post
    For my D polarity frames I typically use Stand United. It gives 25.5% more armor which is more useful than the paltry amount of health Physique gives. Rejuvenation gives some health regeneration and that's pretty useful to frames that already have high armor and could use a bit of health. Growing Power is absolutely fantastic on my Rhino Prime and Oberon.
    Ugh, Growing Power.... given the stupid amount of farming that i would have to do to get it, and that its the last Titania quest mod im missing, ill rather just slap CP or Steel Charge on everything. Zenurik pretty much wrecked Energy Siphon, but it can be a comfort pick in a premade, 3x CP 1x ES and Coaction Drift, saves on pizzas.

    Just before i left for vacation i pimped my Chroma, 245% str at 70% efficiency an 200% duration, or something around that. Now if only i had ANY sniper riven, i might actually dare pug tridolon as dps.

  8. #2308
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,635
    Tonight I hatch both a frost and oberon frame, doubling my frame count.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  9. #2309
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Tonight I hatch both a frost and oberon frame, doubling my frame count.
    Grats

    I spent a lot of time playing around with zaw making. Didn't make any in the end, or make any decisions. Great success.

  10. #2310

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Procellus View Post
    For my D polarity frames I typically use Stand United. It gives 25.5% more armor which is more useful than the paltry amount of health Physique gives. Rejuvenation gives some health regeneration and that's pretty useful to frames that already have high armor and could use a bit of health. Growing Power is absolutely fantastic on my Rhino Prime and Oberon.
    Ugh, Growing Power.... given the stupid amount of farming that i would have to do to get it, and that its the last Titania quest mod im missing, ill rather just slap CP or Steel Charge on everything. Zenurik pretty much wrecked Energy Siphon, but it can be a comfort pick in a premade, 3x CP 1x ES and Coaction Drift, saves on pizzas.

    Just before i left for vacation i pimped my Chroma, 245% str at 70% efficiency an 200% duration, or something around that. Now if only i had ANY sniper riven, i might actually dare pug tridolon as dps.
    Or do like me and run some vaults/relics, sell, buy mod?

    It's not that bad and it's so good.

    Fuck farming that stupid shit.

  11. #2311
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Procellus View Post
    For my D polarity frames I typically use Stand United. It gives 25.5% more armor which is more useful than the paltry amount of health Physique gives. Rejuvenation gives some health regeneration and that's pretty useful to frames that already have high armor and could use a bit of health. Growing Power is absolutely fantastic on my Rhino Prime and Oberon.
    Ugh, Growing Power.... given the stupid amount of farming that i would have to do to get it, and that its the last Titania quest mod im missing, ill rather just slap CP or Steel Charge on everything. Zenurik pretty much wrecked Energy Siphon, but it can be a comfort pick in a premade, 3x CP 1x ES and Coaction Drift, saves on pizzas.

    Just before i left for vacation i pimped my Chroma, 245% str at 70% efficiency an 200% duration, or something around that. Now if only i had ANY sniper riven, i might actually dare pug tridolon as dps.
    Or do like me and run some vaults/relics, sell, buy mod?

    It's not that bad and it's so good.

    Fuck farming that stupid shit.
    Growing power can be gotten if you manage to make two of the right apothics, and join a team with Hydroid and Nekros, and maybe atlas too?. take turns using your Apothics, and kill the spectre while hes stood in hydroids tenticles. should drop a ton of mods each go, with 8 goes. get a lot of chances at the Growing power that way, though the % drop is low, its reasonably possible.

  12. #2312

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Procellus View Post
    For my D polarity frames I typically use Stand United. It gives 25.5% more armor which is more useful than the paltry amount of health Physique gives. Rejuvenation gives some health regeneration and that's pretty useful to frames that already have high armor and could use a bit of health. Growing Power is absolutely fantastic on my Rhino Prime and Oberon.
    Ugh, Growing Power.... given the stupid amount of farming that i would have to do to get it, and that its the last Titania quest mod im missing, ill rather just slap CP or Steel Charge on everything. Zenurik pretty much wrecked Energy Siphon, but it can be a comfort pick in a premade, 3x CP 1x ES and Coaction Drift, saves on pizzas.

    Just before i left for vacation i pimped my Chroma, 245% str at 70% efficiency an 200% duration, or something around that. Now if only i had ANY sniper riven, i might actually dare pug tridolon as dps.
    Or do like me and run some vaults/relics, sell, buy mod?

    It's not that bad and it's so good.

    Fuck farming that stupid shit.
    Growing power can be gotten if you manage to make two of the right apothics, and join a team with Hydroid and Nekros, and maybe atlas too?. take turns using your Apothics, and kill the spectre while hes stood in hydroids tenticles. should drop a ton of mods each go, with 8 goes. get a lot of chances at the Growing power that way, though the % drop is low, its reasonably possible.
    It's still about a fuck million times more hassle than the other options. :P

  13. #2313
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,522
    Turns out i had a full mirage prime set laying around. Neato

  14. #2314
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Turns out i had a full mirage prime set laying around. Neato
    That is the best way to farm primes tbh. Collect everything then suddenly full sets!

  15. #2315

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Tonight I hatch both a frost and oberon frame, doubling my frame count.
    Grats

    I spent a lot of time playing around with zaw making. Didn't make any in the end, or make any decisions. Great success.
    I assume you are familiar with https://semlar.com/zawcalc ?

    Excluding the Plague parts, Sepfahn with Peye (nikana) or Seekalla (stave); and Ekwana II Jai (34%status/12%crit), Vargeet II Ruhang (12%status/34%crit) or Vargeet Ruhang II (highest base damage, 16%status/27%crit) would be my choice atm.

    Unless you want a specific weapon stance / have a riven / want to use Covert Lethality.

  16. #2316
    Procellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Kafziel, my heavy blade scythe, uses the Dokhram blade. I'll have to link the build as it's really good. Fast with a high status chance I have both Healing Return and Condition Overload on it.

  17. #2317

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,205
    I bought some prime stuff as my old gear even with trying to auto-mod it was fucking useless and willpower saved don't resist drinking and wanting to shoot things.

    At least now i'm not looking like a scrub and have an axe
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  18. #2318
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Have Ember.. Seems weak but I think I just need better mods.. But damn I love to watch the world burn.
    Ember is Fantastic at noeffort until about level 50. The jump from lvl 40 to 50 enemies is noticable, where you need a second or two to hang around to kill more armoured targets, or they need a slash or shot to help them on their way.

    After 50 Ember drops off in capability to cheese with World on Fire.
    I have two setups, one is new and eats more energy over time but does more damage, the other is a pretty stable well balanced setup. These require Forma.

    Balanced Efficient energy consumption
      Spoiler:


    Burn hotter, longer duration, less energy efficient.
      Spoiler:


    Code:
    You may notice, with fleeting expertise and streamline, this would make efficiency 190%, however 175% is the cap.
    My understanding is that Inital activation is capped at 175%, so one use abilities each push etc. However, although not displayed, energy consumption drain over time abilties still benefit over the 175% cap displayed.
    EG World on fire still has further energy/time benefit using a Rank 5 streamline vs rank 2, both which display 175% efficiency Cap with Fleeting expertise.
    Here's the relevant table of uncapped efficiency vs duration and the resulting actual energy reduction for duration based abilities:

    http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_Efficiency
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  19. #2319
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Procellus View Post
    Kafziel, my heavy blade scythe, uses the Dokhram blade. I'll have to link the build as it's really good. Fast with a high status chance I have both Healing Return and Condition Overload on it.
    Heavy blade or pooearm is what I was leaning towards. I love my nikana prime but the range is just a little too small. Hopefully fixed in melee 2.0 but who knows when that will be.

    Build link would be awesome.

  20. #2320
    Procellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Dokhram strike, Seekalla grip and Ekwana Jai II link.

    I put 4 forma on it. D in the stance slot for Tempo Royale, A V, dash and another D. Condition Overload, Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Healing Return, Drifting Contact, Primed Reach and two dual stat mods for more status. This thing hits hard, fast and heals you while you swing.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •