hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,078 of 2078

Thread: Warframe - F2P Co-op Spaceninjas

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Bought Saryn for thicc waifu memes

I believe the current way to build her is high alpha gas/toxin weapon and power range/element strength, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

I believe the current way to build her is high alpha gas/toxin weapon and power range/element strength, right?
    Trying to figure her out aswell. Please share it if you figure out a good setup.
    I thought I understood the theory of how she should work, but she doesn't seem to be clearing any rooms the way I do it. meanwhile LifeOfRio does 7 hour survivals with her and gets 15000 kills

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Trying to figure her out aswell. Please share it if you figure out a good setup.
    I thought I understood the theory of how she should work, but she doesn't seem to be clearing any rooms the way I do it. meanwhile LifeOfRio does 7 hour survivals with her and gets 15000 kills
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/co...and_resources/

This is helpful

This is the build I use for Saryn. Also Tactical Potato has a Toxic Lash build that is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Whats your MR level now? Im not 100% sure its updated with the last patch, but http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison gives you all the info.

Orthos is good, range is significantly higher than bascially any other melee (with a few exceptions), but that really only comes to bear when you fit Reach on it.

In general you should (imo) have one good primary/secondary/melee with Catalyst, then you can start leveling weapons just for the XP.

In the low MR range, the Boltor is a good primary although its not hitscan. A decent low-MR secondary would be Sonicor / Lex / Atomos, i think Sonicor and Atomos need a clan tho (?), and trade aoe for limited range. Theres a lot of good melee weapons in the low-MR range, mostly because melee mods make almost anything viable. Atterax is the meme-y choice, Glaive is fun if you want something different but requires you to catch the right alert, Tipedo is a good alternative to the Orthos since it has better stats in almost everything, except the range.

e: on second thought, i would actually recommend pimping the Tipedo over the Orthos either way, since the Orthos Prime isnt hard to get eventually. Personally i dont really pick melee weapons so much by the stats and more by whether i like the stance. If you dont have any stance mod for a particular melee weapon, its not really worth using it.
    im lvl 3 mastery, whats hitscan for boltor? and whats special about tipedo instead of Orthos? I can build one now.
    once my weapons get to 30 and im 30, whats the XP for?

Edit- Tipedo needs Kunai and Bo, and I dont have the stuff needed to build those. so. no.
    Last edited by Kraken; February 16 2018 at 04:36:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Whats your MR level now? Im not 100% sure its updated with the last patch, but http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison gives you all the info.

Orthos is good, range is significantly higher than bascially any other melee (with a few exceptions), but that really only comes to bear when you fit Reach on it.

In general you should (imo) have one good primary/secondary/melee with Catalyst, then you can start leveling weapons just for the XP.

In the low MR range, the Boltor is a good primary although its not hitscan. A decent low-MR secondary would be Sonicor / Lex / Atomos, i think Sonicor and Atomos need a clan tho (?), and trade aoe for limited range. Theres a lot of good melee weapons in the low-MR range, mostly because melee mods make almost anything viable. Atterax is the meme-y choice, Glaive is fun if you want something different but requires you to catch the right alert, Tipedo is a good alternative to the Orthos since it has better stats in almost everything, except the range.

e: on second thought, i would actually recommend pimping the Tipedo over the Orthos either way, since the Orthos Prime isnt hard to get eventually. Personally i dont really pick melee weapons so much by the stats and more by whether i like the stance. If you dont have any stance mod for a particular melee weapon, its not really worth using it.
    im lvl 3 mastery, whats hitscan for boltor? and whats special about tipedo instead of Orthos? I can build one now.
    once my weapons get to 30 and im 30, whats the XP for?

Edit- Tipedo needs Kunai and Bo, and I dont have the stuff needed to build those. so. no.
    Many weapons are sidegrades. orthos (Prime) is still one of the best melee weapons in the game. Some like the Tipedo, but I sold mine.
    You can't level a frame or weapon past 30, no. But you can use forma on it to add polarity slots to make them even better.
    Other than that, it's get new frames and weapons and level them up to increase your mastery rank.

Re: hitscan:

The Boltor shoots projectiles that have spread and travel time. Weapons without (noticeable) traveltime are hitscan, although they do not neccessarily have no spread. Most weapons actually are not hitscan sctrictly speaking, and you can intentionally reduce accuracy with mods as well for other tradeoffs. Weapons that are "true hitscan" are often beam weapons, which have some issues due to how status and crit per second are calculated. That may get fixed soonish hopefully.

The stats effecting accuracy are: projectile flight speed, recoil (and by extension, more fire rate + high recoil = less accuracy), and accuracy itself, which acts as you would expect putting your shots off target, or spreading your pellets more in case of shotguns. Lastly some projectiles are affected by gravity (i.e. have projectile drop), but those usually fall in the launcher category and your typical assault rifle will not have bullet drop.

im going to run out of Formas soon (just did) for use on the Orthos. is there a way to get more without spending RL cashes?

im going to run out of Formas soon (just did) for use on the Orthos. is there a way to get more without spending RL cashes?
    They drop from some relics.
    It's probably more efficient to farm more expensive relic parts, trade them for plat and buy the 3forma packs from the market. IIRC they work out at under 10p each that way.

I really dont see how thats possible tho ("running out of Forma" that early on). Even at high ranks, with a bunch of maxed primed mods, it takes like two forma to make a (good) melee weapon setup. Did you put on Forma before Catalyst? Only ever use them on something that has a Catalyst, that way they double in effectiveness.

Once you are further into the game (doing void relics), you can build one Forma per day. I would try to avoid using them faster than that, unless you want to spend plat on 3-Forma packs. You can probably use Catalysts and weapon / frame slots more than some Forma on a weapon you may not use soon enough.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 17 2018 at 12:37:43 AM.

Used to get loads of them from running the T1 survival in the void. IIRC you now get relics with decent forma chanse in the lower void survival mission.
    I am guessing you haven't unlocked the void yet tho?
    One thing that works well is just get any relic at all and join 3 randoms. Lots of forma to be had that way.

Edit: And yea, don't go wild on the forma. Very few weapons realy need more than 2-3 of them. If you put 6 into something, it is bound to get nerfed next patch.

I guess I should just try to use as many basic weapons to level with to get my MR up, and avoid spending resources on consumable type things.

Unfortunately the lack of variety is already starting to be felt, but i am playing on my own (and clanless due to u guys having too many )

I guess I should just try to use as many basic weapons to level with to get my MR up, and avoid spending resources on consumable type things.

Unfortunately the lack of variety is already starting to be felt, but i am playing on my own (and clanless due to u guys having too many )
    Yes, I feel like someone in the clan should make some room by removing some of the long-absent members, they can always re-apply when they come back. It's fairly common for players to take long absences and come back periodically, so I feel there wouldn't be any hard feelings. Not my clan though, so I don't get to make that decision.

#BadAtBotes

Hmm I might have to give saryn another go. I never quite grokked it; seemed good enough in theory but the practice was lacking. Is she really aimed at full group endless stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Hmm I might have to give saryn another go. I never quite grokked it; seemed good enough in theory but the practice was lacking. Is she really aimed at full group endless stuff?
    pretty much. Appearently I have not maxed her yet, which would explain why she kind of sucks for me. But I had much more success with her today. Didn't get top damage on Akkad, but I did get about twice as many kils as anyone else. Not sure how to manage her survivability tho. Especialy for solo.

Saryn really seems "meh" until you start stacking maxed mods/faction mods on her tbqh

Enjoying her anyway, being able to spore/ping a single enemy and have half the map die is very amusing

hmmmm.

That Amprex change sounds like a f-in nerf to me. Depends on what they actually do to beams.

it's gona be interesting how this ends up tho. 3 of my old fav weapons are beam weapons that just sit there gathering rust on all their formas. :}

oh and... yea. i have a flux rifle status riven.
    Last edited by Ashaz; February 21 2018 at 06:43:20 PM.

Amprex... welp, i can still orange crit with my riven. The range nerf is disappointing, but tbh its always been a close quaters weapon.

In the end, it really just hinges on how status, damage ticks and fire rate interact now; which i am still not completely clear on.

Oh and i think ive trashed two Flux Rifle rivens so far.... but what i really want to know is if the Quanta Vandal got buffed. I want my disco cubes.

e: found it

Quanta Vandal

Damage 26 Electricity

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 30%

Critical Chance 22%

Critical Damage 2.4x

Reload 1.8 secs

50m Range

Magazine 80/560 Capacity

Alt Fire Explosion Radius 6m

Alt Fire Explosion Damage 600

Looks good :>
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 22 2018 at 12:00:36 AM.