hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1858

Thread: Warframe - F2P Co-op Spaceninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Should I get into this game?
    One question though, are there any decent lasers? / Laser beam builds?
    Yes you should. It's a lot of fun and it's free, so you've got nothing to lose except a few hours.

+1 on the supra vandal appreciation train, maximum laser dakka and with a syndicate mod that's surprisingly useful. It's not currently available though (but the vanilla version is). There are some other good laser weapons if you believe the forums but they've not quite gelled with me. I'd really like to get on with the Opticor as that's essentially a lascannon, however it also fares like you'd expect a lascannon to in a horde game; great for fucking up that one guy there but his 47 mates had better form an orderly queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Along that theme i have currently only decently modded: Quanta Vandal (continuous beam hitscan weapon, with a disco-ball secondary fire) and Opticor (charge-up huge oneshot beam, with punch-through and a bit of aoe, think portable low orbit ion cannon or Warhammer laser bazooka)
    Yes.

I tried vanilla Supra, even put a reactor on there. Ended up never using it over better guns like Telos Boltor / Quanta Vandal / Synoid Simulor (rip), so ended up trashing it.

Currently pimping my Equinox further, ive got an idea for the Duality mod with max duration, free 20s recastable Specter 300% dmg with some big mofo gun like Opticor/Ogris/Torid, could be fun in defense/MD/intercept missions :>
    Also just discovered the new(ish) claws with innate lifesteal on crit, working my way towards that.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 8 2017 at 01:25:08 AM.

Today I bought a prisma tetra from Baro.
    It looks like ass (much like the vanilla one) and doesn't appear to do a great deal. Sounds awesome though.

Hirudo are pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the available combos. They're overly long chains for my liking, so I keep getting stuck flailing about for a second or two after <target> is dead.
    This is quite possibly self inflicted due to me usually spamming buttons like a spastic for melee.
    Last edited by Shaikar; August 12 2017 at 02:10:02 AM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Today I bought a prisma tetra from Baro.
    It looks like ass (much like the vanilla one) and doesn't appear to do a great deal. Sounds awesome though.

Hirudo are pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the available combos. They're overly long chains for my liking, so I keep getting stuck flailing about for a second or two after <target> is dead.
    This is quite possibly self inflicted due to me usually spamming buttons like a spastic for melee.
    And dead isis graveyardstan.

Another big plus for Warframe (which is also touched on in the review video you linked), it isn't pure p2w. One of the most reasonable and well-balanced MTX systems I've experienced. Plus there's a player-to-player market where you can buy or sell for platinum (premium currency), allowing you to get plat without paying.

#BadAtBotes

Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    Another big plus for Warframe (which is also touched on in the review video you linked), it isn't pure p2w. One of the most reasonable and well-balanced MTX systems I've experienced. Plus there's a player-to-player market where you can buy or sell for platinum (premium currency), allowing you to get plat without paying.
    Warframe is a funny one really, as it's completely insufferable without spending any money, but spending just a tiny bit gets you a ridiculously long way.

Don't have to be a whale to be successful at all.

So overall it's good.

This, LoL, Path of Exile and Dota are the shining examples of f2p done right.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    This, LoL, Path of Exile and Dota are the shining examples of f2p done right.
    Eh could argue about LoL and PoE there a bit (severe disadvantage and grind without paying in the former and the latter is way too expensive for how stupid the visuals are) but yeah, still among the best examples.

I find F2P disgusting by now i swear, Warframe is one of the rare ones i am perfectly good with.

I like the art style of PoE, its a compromise between old-school Diablo II and a modern engine. The F2P model... in PoE the game is basically unplayable until you get some premium stash tabs. But once you have those (which can cost you like 2/3rds to 100% of a full price game, once everything is added up) you dont ever need anything else for cash. Warframe on the other hand, you can get everything very very slowly by playing, or quickly by paying. It also has a somewhat healthy economy.

I finally got another Riven yesterday. Given how low they are on the rewards table, i would have hoped that they drop more often. Especially since its RNG stacked on RNG.

Anyways, i rerolled it once, got lucky and came out with: Pistol mod 160% dmg, 60% toxic, 120% crit, no drawback, which sounds pretty beastly. Aaaaand its for.... the Knell.

Fml, trying to make it work anyways. Might be able to get red crits out of it, not sure if its worth it tho.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 23 2017 at 09:08:03 PM.

I just think the 'microtransactions' in PoE are way too expensive for what they are, ridiculing the notion of 'micro' but that's my own issue, plenty of people seem to be fine with it

you are of course correct though

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I just think the 'microtransactions' in PoE are way too expensive for what they are, ridiculing the notion of 'micro' but that's my own issue, plenty of people seem to be fine with it

The poe prices are based on a survey of what players wanted. High price better mtx or shitty cheap ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

The poe prices are based on a survey of what players wanted. High price better mtx or shitty cheap ones.
    Well the core of the issue is i find them high price and shitty. I have no problems spending money on my games but nothing there makes me want to spend any for a change. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Well the core of the issue is i find them high price and shitty. I have no problems spending money on my games but nothing there makes me want to spend any for a change. :P
    I have to agree.

POE Pay to shine is a bit meh, when you consider that they are pricy for one shiny thing. Oh I want my cold base Barb to walk blue, my Fire chieftain to walk red, etc... they are pricy real quick. For the stash, well I get it's how they make there money and keep living, so I won't complain, also them having a special is a good way to make you feel better...

For WF I do think it's the best F2P I've enconter. The fact that you can trade for currency, there is no limitation on what a Free or Pay player has, there is always use for plat(LOL Revive at the time ), just enough pay to shine, etc. There is always that elusive 25%/50%/75% that I never got, but a friend of mine got... etc

WF is also the free to play game that I spent the most money on.
    Last edited by SycIh; August 24 2017 at 06:11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SycIh View Post

WF is also the free to play game that I spent the most money on.
    Also tennogen, supporting some really quite decent creations in the always updated warframe is worth it.
    I bought player creations for Planetside 2 but the devs don't know what to do with that game whereas WF gets lots of love.

An example of possible tennogen stuff below coming around Halloween/after.

ye tennogen shit is awesome

Can someone recommend me a Deconstructor Prime build? Ive been finding lots of conflicting information. Some say use Fury, others dont. Some use Reach, since it apparently increases the attack range of the sentinel. Everyone uses Whirlwind, but half use Rebound and the other half Rapid Return. Some (very few) use Power Throw.

Hell, the top voted build on Warframe.builder uses Berserker, but it has 0% crit??? Older builds use Impact mods, but apparently that got patched to only apply to every third throw (?).

Theres really no solid, up to date information that i can find, just that it "does lots of damage hurr durr".

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Can someone recommend me a Deconstructor Prime build? Ive been finding lots of conflicting information. Some say use Fury, others dont. Some use Reach, since it apparently increases the attack range of the sentinel. Everyone uses Whirlwind, but half use Rebound and the other half Rapid Return. Some (very few) use Power Throw.

Hell, the top voted build on Warframe.builder uses Berserker, but it has 0% crit??? Older builds use Impact mods, but apparently that got patched to only apply to every third throw (?).

Theres really no solid, up to date information that i can find, just that it "does lots of damage hurr durr".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSBO2peRbY

Not sure how to embed videos because I am a bad.

sweet baby cheeses, the Mastery Rank 9 test can go eat dicks out of a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    sweet baby cheeses, the Mastery Rank 9 test can go eat dicks out of a barrel.
    http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Some tips in there. And, you probably already know, but you can practice MR tests at Cephalon Simaris.

They kinda ran out of ideas with the MR tests later on, i did MR18 today which was defending against 5 waves of puny trashmobs. Could cruise brainafk on Frost.