hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 153 of 612 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 12231

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Because he had a titan

thought that was fairly obvious

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaoAybara View Post
    never said i owned one, but where does you cynoing a rag onto a station at 0 against 3 guys make you better then him using his?
    I'll bite.

Because I

A) Actually used it.
    B) Did stuff so ballsy/retarded I had literally everyone from PL leadership to every titan pilot I knew telling me I'd lose it soon if I kept it up(I never did)
    C) Used it outside of fleets, aka the kind of "solo titan" stuff this guy wanted to do when he died in a fire due to making a noob mistake just now.

I also did this with multiple supercarriers for 1-2 years earlier.

I'm not pretending it's 1337 pvp(you're just ganking shit), but using your super to gank stuff without being in a blob of 10-100 other supers+support requires a bit more preparation and thought behind it than most people would think.

The vast majority of the people losing their supercaps either get overconfident and figure they don't need to take the necessary precautions EVERY SINGLE TIME, or are the people who go and buy supercaps based on actually believing the "supercaps are invincible and OP and if you drop them on stuff you magically win at EVERYTHING FOREVER" idealogy certain idiots perpetuate. They get pimpsmacked back into hard reality when they die horribly due to making stupid mistakes.

This guy made the mistake of attempting to use his titan despite OBVIOUSLY having little to no experience flying supers in actual combat (15 kills in 2+ years), AND when he dropped it he didn't have any backup plan in case shit went wrong - which IT DID.

His inexperience and idiocy cost him his titan. My titan was never threatened in the same manner, but I've had PL drop multiple supercaps+hictors on me while dualboxing wyvern+nyx, along with CH dropping on my wyvern(including some future corpm8s who were quite amused "oh no way you were THAT GUY - nice escape you managed there!")

My point is me being successful at doing what he tried to do many, many times, and escaping/not losing my super(s) when shit didn't go right(by taking the proper precaustions - which he didn't) makes me far "better" than him attempting(and laughably failing) at using his for only the fifteenth time in 2 years.

10 bucks says he didn't know you can't jump OR cloak for 10m after using your DD. He probably would've been probed down and ganked anyway even if he had succeeded - given his lack of precautions I doubt he had a safe POS prepared in system.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Actually, I'll bite, as there is a couple bits of misinformation going around.

Back Story:

ALEX (non-entity alliance living in Syndicate, hence there is little 'correct' information about us) had Usurpers move into our home pocket in Syndicate a couple weeks ago. A corp member in ALEX had performed corp theft from Usurper sometime in the past (prior to joining our Alliance). Usurper placed a spy in ALEX in hope of getting revenge (based on Quikeze's comment on EN24) .

Operation:

3 Usurper carriers were jumping in and out of EF-F36 (not sure if they were coming or going), so I decided to fuck with them by throwing up dictor bubbles. (Not really going to achieve anything other than be annoying). Anyways, 2 of the 3 carriers got out before the bubbles were in place, so I continued to fuck with the 1 remaining carrier not letting him out, as we had known this particular pilot to make mistakes in the past, figured we might be able to get a cap kill (and hopefully post 'STRRRRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT' in local).

Pretty much for the next 20min the carrier undocked, the dictor would ensure it was constantly bubbled. It was getting annoying trying to place dictor bubbles in the right place so we wouldn't bump him out of the bubble, so a Large Bubble was anchored instead (in review this caused major issues. LOL).

For a further 10-15min the carrier would quite happily aggress smaller ships, so we figured we'd annoy one of our Titan Pilots and get him off the couch, so faster than a rattlesnake up a drainpipe we called Fate, told him to leave the Baby stealing Dingo (not her real name) on the couch and log in.

Unfortunately POS was on scan from station, so we figured we'd sit the Rag at a tactical ready to strike off station (carrier was docked at this stage). Mind you, trying to do this steathily didn't matter as Spy was on Comms anyways. (DOH).

So with everyone in place it was time to get the carrier to aggress again. Trying multiple things (bump ships, small ships, logging, leaving station, leaving system) was never enough to pry an act of aggression from the carrier. We even tried undocking a Dread to aggress, but that wouldn't get any response either. It was about this stage we were starting to think nothing was going to happen, or they were prepping something (as we were watching Usurper members log in)

A few more minutes of trying to bait some reaction went by with no luck. Then probably about a minute before we would have given up QuikEze (Spy) warps to the titan, uncloaking/bumping it, and lights a cyno. At which points Unicorns/Usurper jump in and bubble up (1 HIC initially, and a 2nd arrives shortly after). Titan is held down and dropped by 8 Dreads.

Immediately Fate was prepared to take the surprise buttsex (he's good like that, and figured the Baby Stealing Dingo would be asleep by now), so comms was a little messy at this stage.

A previously prepared cyno ship is ready and waiting to bring in our counter drop cap fleet, however in all the excitement he blows his load too early and counter fleet is not ready to jump.

At that point Fate started flipping out mods to relief some of the grief our KB would take. (No doubt some nice shit was scooped). That action in itself makes for some lovely comment reading about the failfit, cheap bastard, Bot Down, yadda yadda yadda.

Review:

Everyone is a genius in hindsight.

Shouldn't have listened to Fate wanting to take it in the butt, and reacted immediately so we could all enjoy some surprise buttsex.

That big arse bubble we had on station hampered our efforts a tad. Easy to look back now and say we should have just dropped it (would take 30s at most), rather than navigating around it.

Secondary, Tertiary and additional Cynos should have been ready for counter cap drop fleet.

Should have listened to our gut feelings when the carrier stopped aggressing, and think something was going to happen. Especially when the dread is shooting the carrier and he says in local "I know you have more"

Cloaked titan should have dropped fleet to avoid awoxers. (Yep everyone is a genius in hindsight, but when you have potential leg humping action going on, not everyone thinks straight)

GF:

Fate congratulated Usurper/Unicorns for their effort in local. TBH it was a nice piece of work. No hurt with the loss, we had an op, we tried using one of the shinies in eve, it failed.

The few hours yesterday, and aftermath afterwards have probably made Eve the most exciting it has been (in regards to relevancy to us - non-entity alliance living in Syndicate) for quite some time.

GF to all those in EF at the time, and know exactly what occurred.

STRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CHiefDD View Post
    Actually, I'll bite, as there is a couple bits of misinformation going around.

Back Story:

ALEX (non-entity alliance living in Syndicate, hence there is little 'correct' information about us) had Usurpers move into our home pocket in Syndicate a couple weeks ago. A corp member in ALEX had performed corp theft from Usurper sometime in the past (prior to joining our Alliance). Usurper placed a spy in ALEX in hope of getting revenge (based on Quikeze's comment on EN24) .

Operation:

3 Usurper carriers were jumping in and out of EF-F36 (not sure if they were coming or going), so I decided to fuck with them by throwing up dictor bubbles. (Not really going to achieve anything other than be annoying). Anyways, 2 of the 3 carriers got out before the bubbles were in place, so I continued to fuck with the 1 remaining carrier not letting him out, as we had known this particular pilot to make mistakes in the past, figured we might be able to get a cap kill (and hopefully post 'STRRRRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT' in local).

Pretty much for the next 20min the carrier undocked, the dictor would ensure it was constantly bubbled. It was getting annoying trying to place dictor bubbles in the right place so we wouldn't bump him out of the bubble, so a Large Bubble was anchored instead (in review this caused major issues. LOL).

For a further 10-15min the carrier would quite happily aggress smaller ships, so we figured we'd annoy one of our Titan Pilots and get him off the couch, so faster than a rattlesnake up a drainpipe we called Fate, told him to leave the Baby stealing Dingo (not her real name) on the couch and log in.

Unfortunately POS was on scan from station, so we figured we'd sit the Rag at a tactical ready to strike off station (carrier was docked at this stage). Mind you, trying to do this steathily didn't matter as Spy was on Comms anyways. (DOH).

So with everyone in place it was time to get the carrier to aggress again. Trying multiple things (bump ships, small ships, logging, leaving station, leaving system) was never enough to pry an act of aggression from the carrier. We even tried undocking a Dread to aggress, but that wouldn't get any response either. It was about this stage we were starting to think nothing was going to happen, or they were prepping something (as we were watching Usurper members log in)

A few more minutes of trying to bait some reaction went by with no luck. Then probably about a minute before we would have given up QuikEze (Spy) warps to the titan, uncloaking/bumping it, and lights a cyno. At which points Unicorns/Usurper jump in and bubble up (1 HIC initially, and a 2nd arrives shortly after). Titan is held down and dropped by 8 Dreads.

Immediately Fate was prepared to take the surprise buttsex (he's good like that, and figured the Baby Stealing Dingo would be asleep by now), so comms was a little messy at this stage.

A previously prepared cyno ship is ready and waiting to bring in our counter drop cap fleet, however in all the excitement he blows his load too early and counter fleet is not ready to jump.

At that point Fate started flipping out mods to relief some of the grief our KB would take. (No doubt some nice shit was scooped). That action in itself makes for some lovely comment reading about the failfit, cheap bastard, Bot Down, yadda yadda yadda.

Review:

Shouldn't have listened to Fate wanting to take it in the butt, and reacted immediately so we could all enjoy some surprise buttsex.

That big arse bubble we had on station hampered our efforts a tad. Easy to look back now and say we should have just dropped it (would take 30s at most), rather than navigating around it.

Secondary, Tertiary and additional Cynos should have been ready for counter cap drop fleet.

Should have listened to our gut feelings when the carrier stopped aggressing, and think something was going to happen. Especially when the dread is shooting the carrier and he says in local "I know you have more"

Cloaked titan should have dropped fleet to avoid awoxers. (Yep everyone is a genius in hindsight, but when you have potential leg humping action going on, not everyone thinks straight)

GF:

Fate congratulated Usurper/Unicorns for their effort in local. TBH it was a nice piece of work. No hurt with the loss, we had an op, we tried using one of the shinies in eve, it failed.

The few hours yesterday, and aftermath afterwards have probably made Eve the most exciting it has been (in regards to relevancy to us - non-entity alliance living in Syndicate) for quite some time.

GF to all those in EF at the time, and know exactly what occurred.

STRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to everyone else.
    Calms my rage quite a bit to know that there WAS in fact a backup plan and not just some guy being an idiot with his titan. Also, glad to hear you had a safe POS in system. That's one of the first mistakes noob titan pilots make (I've watched it happen firsthand - had to save a titan from that once.)

Sounds like a simple "mistakes were made" at the worst possible time.

That said...

A) Cloaking a titan on grid with hostiles (aka keeping it in one place for more than it takes to gank stuff unless you're at a safe) was a HUGE mistake.

B) Was this an alt char of the ragnarok pilots? Public KBs only show 15 kills in two years. I know you gotta respect your titan pilots(they can be hard to hold on to if you don't keep them happy :wink wink: NCdawt), but considering his extreme lack of experience flying it, you should've told him to keep his toy parked and waited for a more straightforward gank.

C) Titan should rarely be in public fleet without good reason, I've seen several titans go down over the years from this (the first being a shared Erebus leadership had in IRC back in '09).

D) The titan pilot himself shouldn't have put himself on grid with hostiles without ensuring that your counterdrop fleet and/or suicide triage was ready to go the second he landed. Also, if he was refitting mods off his titan, that would imply a carrier was within 5km of him, thus allowing him to refit (titan can't refit off itself.) Why didn't the titan simply refit the cyno in his cargo and bring in your prepared cap fleet? I don't see any killmails for a carrier, titan, orca, rorqual, or supercarrier, so the refitting bit seems a bit fishy(especially considering he has a bunch of stuff in his CHA that you'd assume he'd want to eject if he was really concerned about :kbstats: )

Would you mind addressing the above?

Your story doesn't quite 100% add up. :S
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Would you mind addressing the above?
    Yep

Think these 2 quotes sum it up

Sounds like a simple "mistakes were made" at the worst possible time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiefDD View Post
    Review:

GF:

So he was or wasn't refitting? I think lords is correct(though I know fuck all about Supers) that to refit he'd need a carrier nearby. What happened to the carrier he was refitting off of then?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=83159

Herp a derp.

Goons repping a tower, both carriers triaged with no notable local tank, we bridged on em and melted em. No response from Goons whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Orar Ironfist View Post
    So he was or wasn't refitting? I think lords is correct(though I know fuck all about Supers) that to refit he'd need a carrier nearby. What happened to the carrier he was refitting off of then?
    At the expense of coming off as the egotistical asshole I'm regularly accused of being - ofc I'm correct. I'm LordMotherfuckingServant. I know what I'm talking about here in INTIMATE detail.

Supers are no different than any other ship in the game - you cannot refit them without refitting services nearby, either from pos mods or from another equipped ship.

ChiefDD you didn't answer the question.

"everyone is a genius in hindsight" has nothing to do with what I asked you. I'm calling you (or rather the Titan pilot) out for being a moron and not taking basic steps to ensure the safety of a titan.

This isn't me having 20/20 hindsight, this is me talking from several years of personal supercap experience about the steps you take to ensure the safety of your super when doing "stupid" stuff like actually using your super cap in combat, not in a lolpubbieblob like 99% of all super pilots.

I have no issue with people ACTUALLY USING their supers, but when you do it wrong and die to something as pathetic as 2 hictors and 8 dreads because you didn't take basic precautions, I WILL call you out for being a complete moron.

Just answer these 2 simple questions:

1) How was he refitting/removing all his expensive mods?
    2) If he was capable of refitting, why didn't he refit the cyno he had in his cargo hold? He had 4,297 liquid ozone there as well, so "no fuel" isn't a valid excuse.

If you can't satisfactorily answer these two questions, then the entirety of your account is put into question, which p. much means it's a complete fabrication and/or "damage control."

(also I know I'm gonna get so much shit because it's ME talking about supers/titans, but w/e)
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=83159

Herp a derp.

Goons repping a tower, both carriers triaged with no notable local tank, we bridged on em and melted em. No response from Goons whatsoever.
    they accepted their fates and knew they deserved it
    Last edited by xin jiang; April 15 2013 at 04:37:03 AM.

If you can't satisfactorily answer these two questions, then the entirety of your account is put into question, which p. much means it's a complete fabrication and/or "damage control."
    Meh.

We're a non-entity in eve, we don't need "damage control" (or alternatively can't be arsed doing it) , what we did or didn't do has very little impact (if any) on 99% of Eve in the grand scheme of things. If ALEX get mentioned anywhere its mostly a case of 'who?' (probably will change to 'vaguely recall them losing a titan')

No mention was made of 'refitting' (no other ALEX cap was on the field with the titan), you have incorrectly interpreted 'flipping mods' to 'refitting'.

we get it lords, you know titans. now can you please kill yourself and/or stop posting about how good you are?

I'm shocked at the relatively high level of maturity and sober discussion that has gripped this thread in wake of the Titan loss. The BRs have been insightful, fair-minded and surprisingly free of sperg.

Going back to make a mental note of who hasn't been posting for the last few pages although I already have an idea.
    Last edited by Bam Stroker; April 15 2013 at 07:17:06 AM. Reason: fiddling around the edges
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

In other news rote is the best.

Jayarr, Anderson and Bosquit are the trifecta of syndicate shitposting.

Looks like galfed, invicta and horns fought rote on an usurper tower while usurper didn't undock. Pity they didnt even whore with a 249km naga.

So last night we (Groon) did a thing, hitting two RF'd towers in T-LIWS. First one belonging to a small corp which we burned down ever so painfully slow with subcaps to give the impression to the owners of the second tower that we were just too spooked to field capitals. These guys had been ominously hinting at a hotdrop since the night it went into RF. Just as the first tower was at literally 1% structure, a bunch of stuff cyno'd on to the second tower to kill a third party who were being sneaky shooting that one, comprised of a moros and maybe a dozen subcaps. As we collectively spammed warp, our very last volleys in that ~7s align time finished off the first tower and we burned home to reship into dreads, a couple triage archons and a very small ragtag mishmash of subcap support. We cyno'd on top of the neutral Moros in as our subcaps arrived, bubbled annnnnd ... another two cynos go up and overview starts filling up to 3x our numbers. Britches fouled.

Instead of total capital helldeath, it turned out to be a scattershot collection of assorted corps in RR+cap-neuting Prophecy fleet with Exequror support, Damnation and at least a dozen ewar frigates to wreak havoc on our handful of subcaps. Our 5 dreads made light work of the hostile Moros, but they'd managed to neut the hardeners off the sieged Phoenix (so early in the fight he was already mostly cap drained from jumping in), but he drifted out and received capacitor and triage reps at 66% structure, jumping out because a Phoenix is obviously pretty useless vs. so much small stuff. Our handful of subcaps were pr0 as balls for once, webbing down priority targets like the hostile Phobos for the Revelations to light up. Tim and I stuck together, Tim in triage with me trying to whittle down the long-range hostile ewar:friendly support ratio with sentries (would have zapped more had I thought to refit OTL IIs on the spot oh well v0v), ready to trade places as triage should he get primaried. With our dudes getting timely reps and unGroonlike cohesion our subcaps were able to continue webbing down prophecies one-by-one and calling them out to be one-/two-shotted by dreads to the point where the hostile fleet realized nothing was dying under Tim's (and I's) watchful eyes and bugged out.

Unless the T-LIWS residents finished it off, I think the tower itself was spared because we were too amped from actually surviving a capital escalation for once and had burned/jumped home to fellate ourselves and strain the server refreshing the killboard. Whatever. They brought a crazy fun fight and that's better than shotting structure any day.

My nerves are still shot from seeing local fill up so quickly on jump-in. Agh.

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...d&kll_id=42411

alternately,

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=17250553

PS related Tornado and Falcon losses were just us being blue-on-blue assholes to eachother out of boredom while initially shotting POS #1
    Last edited by Aloe; April 15 2013 at 03:01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
    I'm shocked at the relatively high level of maturity and sober discussion that has gripped this thread in wake of the Titan loss. The BRs have been insightful, fair-minded and surprisingly free of sperg.

Going back to make a mental note of who hasn't been posting for the last few pages although I already have an idea.
    I am conflicted on wether i'd rather read Anderson and Jayarr's verbal diarrhea, or watch LS talk about titans for another page

Quote Originally Posted by CHiefDD
    words
    thanks for the battlereport, welcome to the rote circlejerk forum

Quote Originally Posted by RAW0540
    Should have taken firstpoasting lessons from your friend there. You really think that BR hasn't been linked here yet? Or was it somehow a joke lost in translation?

Quote Originally Posted by TimNeilson View Post
    y'all need to quit being babbies about that carrier tbh :v:
    I agree with them, tbh.

Granted, we jumped into a local of 90, and blind warped to a gate. But we had enough to to establish our 3 guardians, and identify that most of the e-uni stuff (or w/e) was at range (though there were a ton of maluses around at range that made me nervous). I gave green light when our second Guardian got jammed simultaneously, and it was probably unnecessary.

I felt really bad about it for a while until I remembered what happened to Lex's t3 fleet, then I was v0v. But the whinging isn't without merit.