hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizz: Hearthstone

Blizz: Hearthstone

Holy shit that cash-in moneysink!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21900869

Blizzard has taken the wraps off the new video game it has been developing - a collectable card game. Called Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, the duelling game is based around cards players gather.
    The game will be free to play in that people can earn cards by playing, but they will advance faster by buying cards in stores.
    p2w? Check

Cards in the game are based around characters, spells and artefacts from Blizzard's Warcraft world to make them immediately familiar to players, said Rob Pardo, Blizzard chief executive during a presentation about Hearthstone at the Pax East gaming convention. Packs of five cards would cost about $1 (60p) each, he said.
    RMT/p2w? Sure oki.

Duplicate cards can be converted online into "arcane dust" that can be stockpiled and then used to craft the rare cards players need to do better in duels.
    Oh Wow.

i have no idea what i'm reading here. it's either genius or .... no actualy it's the worst (lucrative) sack of shit i've ever heard of.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Will have to see the mechanics and rule set behind it before I can pass judgment. Am interested at least, the warcraft lore has a lot of room for a CCG like this (but I never got into the first one).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

It looks like the only lesson they learned from RMT Auction House III was that it's pretty easy to part nerds with their money for minimal effort.

Doesn't seem any more p2w than any other ccg.

Will keep an eye out and see if the game is any good.

Saw this yesterday; find this World of CCGWarcraft: The Cashening quite a bit underwhelming
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Because there isn't already a WoW collectible card game, right?
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Because there isn't already a WoW collectible card game, right?
    But that doesn't have xXoNlInEpLaYXx

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

P sure that Wizards makes more off modo than paper magic so it makes sense that Blizzard wants a piece of the better pie. It's also way easier to hit that critical mass of players if you can play with all the players in the whole world rather than just the people you know.

Well, the reaction from my friends who play both WoW and MtG can be summed up as:
      Spoiler:

So this is getting closer to beta in the EU, its already in beta in the states. I should get in soon as it hits the EU (fingers crossed).
    Tbh whilst this is massively simplified it still looks great, fast paced and fun for a CCG. I cant wait to play it.

PS: anyone complaining about pay to win in a CCG, REALLY; ARE YOU ACTUALLY FOR REAL.

Interestingly its already very popular on twitch; watched people playing it most of yesterday whilst geeking.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

It looks pretty
    And it is f2p to try out so whatever, I'll give it a go once it releases.
    One downside I can see already is that like Scrolls it does not involve you at all during the opponent's turn. In say Magic or Hex you get chances to casts instants/quick actions and can use creature abilities during an opponent's turn. That makes the game more strategic, at the cost of speed (although Scrolls still manages to take forever).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    It looks pretty
    And it is f2p to try out so whatever, I'll give it a go once it releases.
    One downside I can see already is that like Scrolls it does not involve you at all during the opponent's turn. In say Magic or Hex you get chances to casts instants/quick actions and can use creature abilities during an opponent's turn. That makes the game more strategic, at the cost of speed (although Scrolls still manages to take forever).
    Yher totally right - some classes (hunter from what i can see), seems to be able to put spells on themselves that auto counter, but its not like magic where you make that choice. to be-honest, i think the whole game is gonna be fairly simple to play, dont think that will stop it being good quick fun, but i don think there will be any where near the longevity of something like MTG.

Still want to play
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.

Isn't every CCG pay to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    for the most part, kinda, yes. (there are some arguments about trading - something that's not possible in this, all though you can craft cards), hence people taking cheap-shots at blizzard for P2W are fucking retards.

But you can certainly see why Bliz would develop this.

Not because they think it would be a cool game to make.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/a...kes-you-home-a

Out of all of the games I thought might inspire Hearthstone...Peggle was never on that list. Regardless, Peggle comes to mind as a possible major inspiration for Hearthstone's presentation.

Peggle managed to make the relatively obscure game of pachinko into a global hit by mastering the art of audio visual feedback. Peggle is great because every single thing you do sets off a barrage of rainbows and fireworks. It just feels good. Hearthstone does something similar for the collectible card game.

Saw some streams of this, looks fairly simple yet fun. Might be a nice F2P way to scratch that pesky MTG itch I have that threatens to nuke whatever is left of my wallet. Does any FHCer have beta invites hanging around?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Saw some streams of this, looks fairly simple yet fun. Might be a nice F2P way to scratch that pesky MTG itch I have that threatens to nuke whatever is left of my wallet. Does any FHCer have beta invites hanging around?
    Haven't had my beta inv yet. The more I see of it the more fun the game looks tbh.

Managed to recover my battle.net account today and signed up for the beta. Any keys flying around would be appreciated tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    Scrolls is getting a lot of complaints because it isn't P2W enough. There, you have to grind with time your collection of cards instead of buying your way to the top.