hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Land of NRDS (Providence)

Re: Providence

It nicely coincides with the downfall of the NC, the old Proviblock alliances who moved up north might come back down to help CVA rebuild Providence.

I never liked Providence for small gang/solo roaming at any time, but back when CVA was still there, I enjoyed them doing 50vs50s daily. They lost 9/10 fights, but they just kept coming for the gfs. I liked that.

Might take a year+ to rebuild and they will probably be over-farmed preemptively by local alliances and teary eyed veterans who remember what a great and fantastic region it was for pvp, I really, really hope Providence becomes even a shadow of its former self because if it does I might actually undock.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris

I was hoping the death of the NC would be the death of defensive minded blobbers. CVA are defensive minded blobbers with added roleplay and wizard robes.
    I think CVA and the NC are two different kettle of fish. CVA would fight almost all the time, and although they have been responsible for some completely ridicilious things like camping in a rifter for 3 hours with 20+ guys and of course the 300+ man sniper bs camp with 12 large t2 bubbles on the misaba gate when they found out that 60 SHC caracals were coming, they would always fight when they had even odds for 50+ people fights. In Contrast, I think the north is a lot less willing to engage your average small gang than CVA and their protectorate was.

What made Providence great was that it was the one place in eve where you're guranteed to be sent home in a pod or have a ton of killmails within 30 minutes. Even if you don't get a fight directly the region was so busy and every system felt different, full of life, which is hardly something I'd use to describe the majority of current 0.0, and you'd get targets just by sitting on a gate in 9uy. I had different notes about different systems and the different residents there, compared to almost every other alliances space where I felt like the different systems were just another randomly generated string of numbers and letters.

Maybe I'm just a bitter vet with nostalga but thats my take on it. I've never had as much fun in eve since providence vanished. And had the most fun in the game being part of genos in sev3rance when the southern coalition was invading, and just doing ridicilious stuff like winning against 60+ guys with 8 people since they assumed we were terrible since we were in sev3rance and just completely messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Suitonia
    I think CVA and the NC are two different kettle of raving homosexual. CVA would fight almost all the time, and although they have been responsible for some completely ridicilious things like camping in a rifter for 3 hours with 20+ guys and of course the 300+ man sniper bs camp with 12 large t2 bubbles on the misaba gate when they found out that 60 SHC caracals were coming, they would always fight when they had even odds for 50+ people fights. In Contrast, I think the north is a lot less willing to engage your average small gang than CVA and their protectorate was.

What made Providence great was that it was the one place in eve where you're guranteed to be sent home in a pod or have a ton of killmails within 30 minutes. Even if you don't get a fight directly the region was so busy and every system felt different, full of life, which is hardly something I'd use to describe the majority of current 0.0, and you'd get targets just by sitting on a gate in 9uy. I had different notes about different systems and the different residents there, compared to almost every other alliances space where I felt like the different systems were just another randomly generated string of numbers and letters.

Maybe I'm just a bitter vet with nostalga but thats my take on it. I've never had as much fun in eve since providence vanished. And had the most fun in the game being part of genos in sev3rance when the southern coalition was invading, and just doing ridicilious stuff like winning against 60+ guys with 8 people since they assumed we were terrible since we were in sev3rance and just completely messed up.
    This so much

yup. i miss old providence.

i think they are making a move to come back. cva was always very bloodthirsty when it came to defence against reds =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces
    yup. i miss old providence.

i think they are making a move to come back. cva was always very bloodthirsty when it came to defence against reds =)
    not so much a move to come back as it is a result of the devaluation of providence as a region with the true-sec patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Wasn't that the whole point of Zulu's change? Provi was p. ordinary, then Ev0ke twigged that 'all nullsec is awesome sanctum nullsec' and moved in.

Now it's back to being a ghetto so CVA can feel at home again.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

AAA is supposedly hotdropping all day long which makes reconquest a bit of a bitch. Supercapitals destroyed EvE to me really.. How's my solo-cane gonna handle a Nyx I ask you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladel Teravada
    AAA is supposedly hotdropping all day long which makes reconquest a bit of a bitch. Supercapitals destroyed EvE to me really.. How's my solo-cane gonna handle a Nyx I ask you?
    More specifically.. why is -A- still spazzing at CVA

Do they ever not?

First of all we really love cva and would like nothing more for them to retake all of providence.
    Second we do not hot drop all the time, the last time we hot dropped them they were chasing our t1 cruiser gang with a heavy BC and BS gang, they were totally asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simokon
    First of all we really love cva and would like nothing more for them to retake all of providence.
    Second we do not hot drop all the time, the last time we hot dropped them they were chasing our t1 cruiser gang with a heavy BC and BS gang, they were totally asking for it.
    this is why supercaps ruin eve.

you moan at them for chasing your cruiser gang in bs, so you respond with a supercap or a super fleet?

kettle say hello to the pot

Come on friends, you know better

Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx
    let em keep going for a while longer please

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Well I certainly wouldn't get the opportunity to come on an enemy.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx
    let em keep going for a while longer please
    Yes please, I wanna see the detailed reasons for supercapital retaliation in this situation.

If we didnt hotdrop them we might have lost a few t1 cruisers

I regained access to TheCitadel with an altchar recently and I have to say, it reads very much like old times. I could spend an entire evening reading the channel and giggle constantly, even if there are just about 270 dudes in it.

Therefore I really hope CVA announces "Project Deliverance Redemption" or somesuch and takes it all back.

It would even be good for newer players. For me Providence were my first steps into 0.0 an I wouldn't have done it without CVA at this time. The amount of rats killed by me in DNR-7M buggles the mind in hindsight. Enough derping.

seems aaa are fairly active in the area. large 30 man machariel based gatecamp in r3 a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Simokon
    If we didnt hotdrop them we might have lost a few t1 cruisers
    Who ships up in T1 cruisers and runs from anything?

T1 Cruiser fleet = 300 Spartans, every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the clown.