hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 46 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Land of NRDS (Providence)

The Land of NRDS (Providence)

All quiet on the Provi Front.

Ewoks/Evoke/NC. own almost all of it, but don't seem to live there...at all.

CVA pushed out to Domain, whats left of us.

Not much happeneing, but now there is a thread if anything does.

Re: Providence

Well who would want to live there after the anomaly nerf...

Does the region has any other meaning than supercap production?
    ign: kunniz

Does CVA have any plans to take back provi I wonder? Now that the anom nerf has gone through and people are less interested in the space
    My latest PVP video: Freestyle III

they can't match the numbers or the supercap numbers of the current residents, they can't do too much but bide their time.
    Putin 2012

I'm under the impression that systems with outposts (somewhat common in Provi) are rather expensive to own, is this correct?

So is Provi just worth less than other space now, or is it actually hard to break even at all?

just run a bot in every system and it becomes rather easy to maintain.

Not saying that the holders in provi are the main criminals in this, every entity in 0.0 does it nowadays. With all the good moons in the north there isn't much of a choice if you aren't part of the NC but then even if you do have tech goo you might as well do it then as well
    Putin 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Almaric
    I'm under the impression that systems with outposts (somewhat common in Provi) are rather expensive to own, is this correct?

So is Provi just worth less than other space now, or is it actually hard to break even at all?
    This is a common misconception. With regards to costs, stations are "free" to maintain. You only pay for the sov.

However people tend to put cynojammers (600m/mo) cynobeacons (60m/mo) and JBs there (300m/mo).

Sometimes Supercap construction (30m/mo).

The only thing a station will cost you without the above is whatever an IHUB costs (~250m last quote I was given), plus tcu, plus sov upkeep (180m/mo).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroi Okami
    Does CVA have any plans to take back provi I wonder? Now that the anom nerf has gone through and people are less interested in the space
    CVA pretty much abandoned the idea of being a sov holding entity after Aralis quited playing and a new executer took over.

Right now they still control one outpost in Catch but the bulk of their members seem to live in Domain.

CVA/buddies have been dropping some wild SBU's and reinforcing stuff (mostly with bombers) in Provi while we are all chillin' in Pure Blind.

So yesterday they SBU'd N8XA-L during the morning (im not actually sure when they did it or when they shot station or tcu) and Polaris went to take care of it. We love CVA

So we clonejumped to provi (this was still pretty early on in the day/evening so we didn't have much people logged in, so people were trickling in) and just jumped in drakes without logistics and burned to N8. Started shooting SBU's while cynoing in 3 carriers to rep station and give fighters to shit-dps-drakes so it wouldn't take all day. Also killed a sacriledge on station. http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9437855

Now bear in mind im a grunt and was dualboxing a tempest and cloaky scout that had eyes on CVA in R3 so there might be inaccuracies/missed some things! Also, this is written from memory so the timeline might be wonky.

We started shooting the SBU on R3 gate first and CVA/buddies did some solo bombing runs that killed my warriors and valkyries, so they were pretty pro. They lost a couple of bombers. 2 ev0ke nyxes jumped in and started melting the SBU. CVA gang of around 8-10 armor bs, 4 guardians, 5 random BC/T3/SB sat on N8 gate in R3.

The SBU went down http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438430

Nyxes went to shoot the other SBU while we waited for CVA to jump in. One HRR member had to leave and we said goodbyes on comms, told him to dock in station... Nope, he goes through the gate into CVA gang and promptly dies, also gets podded even though they didn't have bubble up. Facepalms all around on comms. http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438248

CVA jump in and round 1 starts. They have no tackle and we have no logi so people just warp out if they get in trouble. They lose 4 bs, 1 guardian and a myrmidon, some of them deaggress and jump back through. A couple of them manage to warp to 1-1 gate, half of us chase. They kill a ferox that hit a bubble on the gate and pursue a scorp to a belt where he is killed. Also a enyo was killed at some point, I don't know where in the system or where he came from but he wasn't with the main CVA gang.

CVA reassembles in R3 on the gate again with some new faces and atleast 1 guy who reshipped. CVA jumps in again. This time atleast 2 of them have points, a cyclone and a legion. We pop a scorp right of the bat, focus on the T3 but can't break his tank quick enough, we lose 1 drake who he pointed. We switch targets and take down 4 more bs and the cyclone while they try to deaggro. The rest of them jump out. The SBU on 1-1 goes down 2 mins after last killmail.

KB BR: http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9438395 (bear in mind bombers and the nyxes only shot SBU's and carriers weren't on field but contributed fighters)

Also there are some pretty amazing fits in there. I hear cap rechargers are pretty good.

After that Polaris went to kill TCU onlining in TXJ-II http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438765
    Incursion hits our home constellation while shooting this so cynojamming all our systems. We didn't want to get those caps home anyway...

Looks like Evoke has surrendered to CVA's constant pressure and is selling them some space at cost price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kade Jeekin
    Looks like Evoke has surrendered to CVA's constant pressure and is selling them some space at cost price.
    That's one way of looking at it, another might be that Ev0ke have plans for better space and figure selling off shit space is better now than wasting energy defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kade Jeekin
    That's one way of looking at it, another might be that Ev0ke have plans for better space and figure selling off shit space is better now than wasting energy defending it.

shit that is in the green are alliances that are in thecitadel channel

provibloc is coming back no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces

would anyone really mind?
    I kinda miss those guys

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

A region with 4 standard 0.0 -> empire gates, controlled by a force unable to control it alone, forced to install and dictate to pets, cant possibly be a bad thing for New Edens ever growing gaggle of solo pilots.
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces

would anyone really mind?
    I kinda miss those guys
    I was hoping the death of the NC would be the death of defensive minded blobbers. CVA are defensive minded blobbers with added roleplay and wizard robes.

Registered to say -

FUCK YEAH GO CVA! (best hunting grounds in eve ever)

also fuck you in advance to any alliance that kicks them out early

Quote Originally Posted by chunky milk
    Registered to say -

Shit I have to completely agree with Chunky Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris

I was hoping the death of the NC would be the death of defensive minded blobbers. CVA are defensive minded blobbers with added roleplay and wizard robes.
    Look at how dumb you are

[quote=Raimo]
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky milk
    Registered to say -

Shit I have to completely agree with Chunky Milk

Quote Originally Posted by "Deja Thoris":26f8rr1u

Look at how dumb you are[/quote:26f8rr1u]

Don't confuse bitter with dumb.

Try to keep on topic guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris
    Don't confuse bitter with dumb.
    I didn't

On topic, these are very interesting developments. If CVA ever manages to rebuild NRDS and grab new "pets" and hold all the empire exits et al things might become very, very nice after a while. One can hope.