hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: The Land of NRDS (Providence)

Ironically they're really cheap and OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

These are good BR's. Please keep posting them and continue to fight the good fight. I'm rooting for you m8.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    This sounds epic. I'm so disappointed I can't even show up to fire a few missiles due to RL.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Orar Ironfist View Post
    These are good BR's. Please keep posting them and continue to fight the good fight. I'm rooting for you m8.
    This. Best BR's I've read here in a long time and the continuity is nice a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierVE View Post
    We set up bombers to bomb their bombers because bombing bombers is quite seredipity
    Yo dawg, I heard you like bombers.

Seems like an interesting situation in Provi. I greatly enjoyed our stay in Provi/Catch over the winter and especially the clashes with what was then the HBC. While Fountain is fun, I do miss the area.

I suppose our contribution to these events, from afar, was to pay a visit to the original Goon fleet that seems to have been trying to reach Provi on the day of the largest engagements: http://i.imgur.com/OZnmOjm.jpg , so at least we can feel involved by proxy. A smaller second fleet did make it through and appears to have locked horns with the Empress' men, as covered in the Day 4 report.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Seems like ProviFleet is sticking to doctrine? No more kitchen sinks?

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marshall View Post
    Kitchensinks have their place but it was about time that people learned to fully embrace doctrine setups in important fleets.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    Seems like an interesting situation in Provi. I greatly enjoyed our stay in Provi/Catch over the winter and especially the clashes with what was then the HBC. While Fountain is fun, I do miss the area.

I suppose our contribution to these events, from afar, was to pay a visit to the original Goon fleet that seems to have been trying to reach Provi on the day of the largest engagements: http://i.imgur.com/OZnmOjm.jpg , so at least we can feel involved by proxy. A smaller second fleet did make it through and appears to have locked horns with the Empress' men, as covered in the Day 4 report.
    What day is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marshall View Post
    Kitchensinks have their place but it was about time that people learned to fully embrace doctrine setups in important fleets.
    Maybe my last ditch effort to educate everybody before bailing had some lasting effect after all.

edit: or the providence regional survey.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

The War of the Omens, Days 6 and 7

TL-DR - REP THAT RF THAT REP THAT RF THAT REP THAT RF... THAT?

As a note, leaving all political viewpoints out of this because lolwhocares this is a BR forum. Also, we know we can't win this war, so don't think that we really think we can hold our two systems. We know we can't win, we're outnumbered 15-1 in EU and 4-1 in US time zones.

Providence sides: CVA/AFK/VOLT/APOC/4TH and associated neutral/resident entities (Over 9k on paper) vs. SOUND (300 or so on paper). -7- abstains from conflict, calls both sides dumb.

Battlereport Day 6, 8/4 - Day 6 saw them rolling around in EUTZ RF'ing everything in 9FOB. They reinforced our station, our I-hub, our large POS's, our small POS's, you name it... it ended up with a countdown clock on it. They had about 140 in EU Prime on Sunday, Dominixes and Armageddons. We decided to punt on bothering with them in order to BLOPS onto ratters with Noir. We had some slight success POS gunning at one point because Scorpion pilots always show up to POS reinforcements. No, I don't know why.

In the weird midpoint between EUTZ and USTZ, Proviblock had formed to kill a Medium Caldari Tower of ours in 4B. We decided to punt on defending it as well, because that weird time zone between EUTZ and US EST is supremely awful. Apparently not as bad for Verge of Collapse though, who showed up randomly in G-5 and gave us a nice greeting. They were looking for a CVA gang, and quickly found a 70 man CVA gang in 4B. Using Cruise Typhoons, they brawled down the larger CVA gang, who retreated back to their staging system in F-Y. Verge however, followed, and fought them two or three times more in F-Y. With this opening, we decide to go ahead and save the tower. Verge decides to leave, but not before ganking a couple of our POSpreys who decided not to pay attention to the excitement of tower repping.

Proviblock reships into bombers (I don't know why) to try to RF the tower while we rep it. We bring back some AF's, they try to bomb us, we kill a few bombers, they fuck off with their bombers back to F-Y. Timer won. Thanks Verge, our Caldari Medium POS that really shouldn't still be alive thanks you. Mind you, this POS will feature prominently in Day 7's BR, so wait for it!

In USTZ, CVA and allies try pinging to form up, gets like... 50... for the I-Hub Shield timer in 4B. Meanwhile, the superchill coalition arrives. Brave Newbies, Bombers Bar, Dirt Nap Squad and our motley crew of motts. We start repping the I-Hub, but then decide to put all the SBU's on blast instead. System saved, I-Hub gets repped. Station timer was due to come out an hour and a half later, but with no SBU's, no need. Defensive SBU's are put up and we prepare for the Day 7 plan. Yes, we actually had a plan for once! And it's a far more interesting one than the dull events of Day 6.

----------------------------------

Battlereport Day 7, 8/5 - So 4B was saved the night before, which meant EUTZ STRUCTURE BASHING TIME for CVA and Allies. They form up 130 or so, with an extra 30 tackle or so trying to camp my 10 EUTZ duders into 9FOB. 4B I-HUB and Station get RF'd, a bunch of small POS's get RF'd, and they then set up to kill our 4B large TCU POS, which had been RF'd the day prior in RUS TZ. Of course, it was understronted, so CVA and crew got to murder the poor ol' girl. We punt on that timer, though Dirt Nap Squad did some bombing runs. All the while, the previously mentioned POS at 5-1 never gets reinforced.

So EUTZ turns over to USTZ and their fleet numbers dip to between 65-80, using Domis/Geddons still, but their numbers are dipping. Meanwhile, that plan? It starts to hatch.

One of the reasons you don't reset your loyal allies over an Omen Navy Issue is because, well, they're your loyal allies. The other reason is that your friends know your secrets better than your enemies usually do. So turning your friends into enemies is generally bad policy. One of the holders in Providence, TSOE Consortium, has been there for a really long time. They're also very small, but still larger than my tiny alliance. They do a good job of keeping their large pocket system clamped down, to their credit. On the other side of the coin, they also never show up to CTA's and they never join CVA services. They are also very secretive, once objecting to a Fourth District person even mentioning them as a Providence Holder during the Alliance Panel at Fanfest.

As background, one of the issues raised by Providence FC's over the last six months was the fact that a holder in the region basically never came to any of the region-wide stuff. The various Provi FC's put a simple plan together to try to encourage their participation within the coalition. One of those FC's was named June Ting, and is in my alliance. She was also our diplo at the time, and is generally an extremely nice person.

The leader of CVA saw the FC's "conspiring" and yelled at them on the Providence FC forum. He specifically tells June in front of everyone that if she doesn't like Providence and is unhappy, that our sov can be transferred to CVA and she can leave. Now, to me, it was a pretty big overreaction to trying to get better participation in the region. To June, it was the final straw in terms of her being our diplo, hence why I would later get the job of being diplomat for our alliance. I know, this is a boring story so far, but it's backstory and sometimes you need some really boring context.

We go snooping around and June notices that TSOE Consortium is building supercaps for CVA in their pocket. Then we realize why Equinox yelled at June for bringing up participation, and why the reaction was so severe regarding those darned FC's and their meddling. Why TSOE didn't want to be mentioned during the Alliance Panel at Fanfest. It all made sense at that point, but rather than just explain it to us, they treated our diplo/FC like she was a terrible human being for even trying to get them to participate.

And thus, the Day 7 plan was hatched. By, of course, a scorned woman.

We only had two timers in USTZ on Day 7. Both were large POS's RF'd in 9FOB. Nothing really important. Our plan was pretty simple. To leave a skeleton crew of POS gunners behind, along with myself, to give the impression that our resistance was folding and all we could do was POS gun. CVA's propaganda against us is that I'm this dickhead dictator mean guy who is bad, basically like the kids version of the propaganda aimed at Montolio months ago. So we figure if we leave a few people in 9FOB, CVA will just think we suck and will come finish off our POS's. I'm there, some of our other longer term members are there, man, SOUND has given up defending!

Meanwhile, Noir, SOUND and Dirt Nap Squad get together to polish the plan. Noting that the CSAA had just recently gone from offline to online, Team No-Sound-Squad would sneak out Noir and SOUND battleships via the G-5 back door in a 50+ man gang, go through high-sec, swing around back into Providence and then hit the cynojammer to drop dreads on the CSAA that the TSOE guys have in their pocket while CVA/allies were dicking around with our superfluous RF'd POS's. We'd have to sneak over there without really being noticed, RF the cynojammer, and then drop dreads on the CSAA POS. All this without CVA noticing SOUND leaving 9FOB, or noticing us swing around to the other side of Providence or noticing us enter Providence from the wrong side. To enact this plan, we really needed a distraction... but we had nobody lined up to give us one.

And then the Alpha, the Star, the Pilot happened. Couple hours before we were to enact our plan, Alphastarpilot of TEST hits me up randomly, seeing the large POS timers. He's got 50 talwars, and he's heading to Providence. Being an untrustworthy vagabond, I couldn't tell him of our plan, but I gave him some direction and a POS password while asking him to hold his cadre of impatient hooligans around to harass the CVA gang as long as he could. You see, Providence pilots remember Alphastarpilot from when he was in Thorn Alliance, running around, always talking shit to us. They don't like him. He's like the best distraction we could ever have received. It's like throwing a ham into the middle of a fat kids summer camp, that ham gonna die.

Alphastar arrives with his 50 man TEST Talwar gang and lights up intel like a christmas tree. Meanwhile, our smash mouth DPS BS's are running through high-sec to come around to the other side of Providence. Everyone is focusing on Alphastar so much that nobody cares when we hit the other side of Providence, thinking we were just running some sort of small roaming gang. We had just done so in EUTZ, welping destroyers all over the place, after all. Ignore the 55 man BS gang, there's talwars afoot.

We've got our BS's burning to the target system, and I'm in conversation with Alphastarpilot trying to get him to just chill a bit as a big distraction without being able to tell him why. I don't know who had the harder job between the BS's sneaking around or trying to get TEST to not drive madly into a fight. As we get reports of how low the CSAA system cynojammer is getting, Alphastar finally has enough of my patience preaching and engages the CVA gang with his talwars, jumping them back and forth from 9UY to 4B. He scores some good kills, wastes a ton of their time and then dies. Right as the cynojammer RF's. All the while, the large CVA fleet is oblivious, busy celebrating their victory over the evil Alphastarpilot and his talwars.

Dreads drop on the CSAA POS to start RF'ing it, while I frantically try to figure out what the CVA fleet is doing. Are they burning over to try to defend the CSAA POS? Where'd they go? Our scout can't find them on gates, not in their staging POS... we've got ourselves a missing battleship gang. And this is where the eagle-eyed reader will remember that previously mentioned 5-1 medium caldari POS that we had accidentally saved the day prior. With both of my large POS's out of RF, the CVA fleet decides that we're not doing shit tonight, and that they have time to RF that damn medium Caldari POS. They hit the 5-1 POS in 4B, RF'ing it with great vengeance. Meanwhile, the CSAA POS is dropping shield hard, and RF's about the same time as our hero Caldari medium POS. Good trade.

The CVA fleet jumps into 9FOB, still unaware that we're marauding around RF'ing things of legitimate value while they continue to grind away for no real reason on our timesink POS's. They land on our Minmatar Fuckoff POS, and start dropping battleships to our five POS gunners, as well as a random Hurricane Fleet Issue who decided a faction BC is better than a battleship in terms of POS warfare. With the caps finishing up on the CSAA POS, we decide to drop the CVA fleet in 9FOB. Turned off the jammer that is on the POS right in front of them, warped in a bubble, dropped dreads. CVA loses a couple more ships but warps out because our second 'dictor was slow to bubble them. Yeah, we bad, but we're trying

Meanwhile, our BS gang is leaving the TSOE pocket and we decide to go for a two'fer in terms of the crown jewels of Providence. Yulai Federation has a R64 moon in Providence, over in CVA sov. We know about this because Yulai and the corp in CVA that owns the sov had a big knock-down drag-out fight in Providence Leadership chat channel over the fact that Yulai wanted to keep it, and the corp in CVA wanted to have it since y'know, they owned the system. Apparently as part of his deal to live by -7- and our alliance in Northern Providence, Codo Yagari of Yulai Federation, demanded that they would get to keep an R64 in their old sov. A fight breaks out verbally, Equinox sides with Codo over his own corp's CEO. Meanwhile, I can't even get out of reimbursing a fucking Omen who attacked our fleet. Providence.

We decide to add the RF'ing an R64 to the nights activities, and cycle the POS down quickly. It provides an EUTZ timer. Yes, there are actually some R64's in Providence, I know, it's like finding out that Unicorns are real. They're real! And they're magic!

Day 7 ended up all of our sov structures being in shield RF, with our two large POS's being saved, and on the other side, timers created for a CVA/allies CSAA and R64. Not a bad tradeoff, all things considered. We should have been evicted by the end of Day 5... but on Day 7 with a whole bunch of help, we've finally gone on the offensive.
    Last edited by XavierVE; August 6 2013 at 06:43:55 AM.

Keep these coming Xavier, especially more news of that CSAA.

Xavier, where have you been all my life?

This is more entertaining and illuminating than all of Fountain last month. Provi gets interesting and CVA isn't the primary reason for it! (I consider these BRs intellectual property of SOUND)
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

This is hands down the best ever BRs written in the history of mankind, gerbils and kerbals. I cannot fathom how you find the time to have all this fun and write such entertaining BRs, but do keep them coming.

Codo Yagari is a hilarious man. He and Yulai federation used to be part of the Heimatar/Metro COA before swapping over to CVA. He genuinely believes people who pirate in Eve are bad people in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuMilitari View Post
    Xavier, where have you been all my life?
    He even have pictures in his reports!

Xavier your "teams" are kind of disingenous up at the top given the massive kitchen sink helping you out.

Other than that, good BRs. Kind of glad to see the region get shook up to an extent.

It's sad but a lot of the things that i left for are really biting CVA and friends. SOUND was definitely up and coming when i was thete ajf willing to listen (worked with them being USTZ)

Also I'd be SHOCKED if those supercapitals are destined for CVA, they probably get exported like virtually all Providence supercaps have been forever.

Also whoever wins rebuild from thise ashes something similar but build the holder coalition with better agreements and tighter integration from the ground up and drill in to any holder's heads the need for and expectation of regional defense.

What's the end result to this though? Let's say you manage to beat CVA off your back and they stop RFing all of your stuff. Will they accept you back? Or is this only going to end with one side with a bent knee?

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    What's the end result to this though? Let's say you manage to beat CVA off your back and they stop RFing all of your stuff. Will they accept you back? Or is this only going to end with one side with a bent knee?
    Fairly certain him and his dudes are pretty much being shoved out the door...They are, however kicking and screaming like a mother fucker swatting everything in reach. Considering he said they should of been kicked out after day 5 and they are on day 7, I would say they aren't doing too badly!

edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to XavierVE again.
    Damn it