hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Allegro thread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Allegro thread

In this thread we post updates and changes to the Allegro Repository

https://github.com/failheap/Scrapheap-Starships

Changelog 16.04.13
      Spoiler:

Introduced opengl to the game code in order to simulate lighting

Changelog 13.04.13
      Spoiler:

Fixed some minor bugs with world coordinate calculation (atan2) + some minor cleanups + added debug functions to game engine object

Changelog 01.04.13
      Spoiler:

Added transformation effects, notably player rotation towards mouse cursor and map scrolling as player moves

March

Spoiler:
    Changelog 25.03.13
      Spoiler:
    Added rudimentary map generation using jalif's placeholder floor sprite and allegro primitive for walls (no collision detection implemented yet)

• Fixed memory leak see ~BasicGameEngine()
    • New random map can be generated by creating OurMap object and passing map X/Y dimensions to OurMap constructor
    • Each tile of the map is represented by its own object (OurSolid class) stored in a vector
    • Map is stored in memory but we can easily add functions that reads the same values from a file and stores them in the map vector - think user created maps

Changelog 20.03.13
      Spoiler:
    Restructured repository, I've added a seperate directory for Xcode (Mac) project files and MSVC++ 10 Express (Windows) project files with source. They both build on their respective platforms

Note: Setup of Microsoft Visual C++ isn't as straightforward as XCode. In mac you have a standard location for all your library and header dependencies (/Library/Frameworks) while in windows, this might differ from user to user (I have mine in "G:\DragLib\Allegro"), so when you pull down the code for windows you need to change:

• Include Directories
    • Library Directories
    • Dependencies (default allegro-5.0.x-monolith-md-debug.lib for debug / allegro-5.0.x-monolith-md.lib for release)
    • Environment Path

In your project settings in order for compilation and linking to work as intended under windows

Post your contributions here with a description of your commit and I will update the OP
    Last edited by helgur; April 15 2013 at 10:43:22 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Commited changes to repository

Last edited by helgur; April 16 2013 at 12:33:25 AM.

Finally gotten around to try the latest build. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'