hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Chat + INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I'd be willing to give a hand with storywriting and such. Atmosphere is important.
    As someone with a degree in English and no coding knowledge whatsoever, I guess I could offer proofreading and such things. A wee bit too busy with teaching, but anything that helps me take my mind of that is awesome.
    Shit happens, get over it.
    nevar forget

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Hehe, offcourse. But it is funny though even if it is a bit on your expense

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    I'd be willing to give a hand with storywriting and such. Atmosphere is important.
    As someone with a degree in English and no coding knowledge whatsoever, I guess I could offer proofreading and such things. A wee bit too busy with teaching, but anything that helps me take my mind of that is awesome.
    apparently you didn't take a degree in being able to find humour in irony
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

I am German, what do you expect?
    nevar forget

I am German, what do you expect?
    iron humour

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    iron humour
    Eins, zwei, drei ACHTUNG HUMOUR!

C'mon failheap.. I beliebe in youb
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Has the curse of the subforum struck this game pre-alpha?

Generally posts start to slow down once stuff gets subforum'd and the randoms stop seeing it get thrown in their face while browsing.

Doesnt mean there is no progress though.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

We do make progress, but the stuff we planned to do on easter (free time!) kinda went all fubar, as people had tons of work and personal stuff to do.

Life happens meight.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Quote Originally Posted by Blutreiter View Post
    Life happens meight.
    In the two indy projects I was a part of that failed, that's what was said at the start of the failure. The one that succeeded had a 'captain no-lifer' driving it forward (sup).

What your doing now is the fun/easy part. In my own experience, if you go more than a week at this stage without any coding being done then your project doesn't have the core people/stamina to run the marathon that is developing a game. That first round of bug fixing will break you, as its soooo easy to justify doing something else in your life than bug-fixing a little indy game.

Come on FHC, don't be part of the 99% of indy projects that fail. If you do, I will have to 'draw inspiration' from this idea next year

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Life happens meight.
    In the two indy projects I was a part of that failed, that's what was said at the start of the failure. The one that succeeded had a 'captain no-lifer' driving it forward (sup).

What your doing now is the fun/easy part. In my own experience, if you go more than a week at this stage without any coding being done then your project doesn't have the core people/stamina to run the marathon that is developing a game. That first round of bug fixing will break you, as its soooo easy to justify doing something else in your life than bug-fixing a little indy game.

Come on FHC, don't be part of the 99% of indy projects that fail. If you do, I will have to 'draw inspiration' from this idea next year
    Thing about stamina is, I personally put in about 88 work hours this week, including easter monday.

Afaik, Helgur actually is coding but we did not update the forum yet. Too much real life with a core group of 30+ guys is different than with students for obvious reasons, but 2 thumbs up for trying to keep us motivated

Update on our current situation:

Jalif was struck down by RL (not rocket launcher) and will not be able to actively lead the project for the time being, which is why Noir and Me are currently busy dealing with that.

As Murphys Law would have it, before easter, everyone was hyped about getting shit done over easter, with the free day and so forth - and 3 core members actually getting wrecked and fuckall getting done. Welp, shit happens, life goes on. Irony is delicious and all that.

Despite all that crap, we are actually making slow progress. Devec is busy creating some static art for loading screens and the ilk, Helgur optimized the code for his client (which I tested and built yesterday - yes its running fine in windows as well as Mac) and I have more soundshit to work on and finish. Noir promised Jalif to check the designdocs again and start fleshing out the background.

We're not dead. Yet.

Update on our current situation:

Jalif was struck down by RL (not rocket launcher) and will not be able to actively lead the project for the time being, which is why Noir and Me are currently busy dealing with that.

As Murphys Law would have it, before easter, everyone was hyped about getting shit done over easter, with the free day and so forth - and 3 core members actually getting wrecked and fuckall getting done. Welp, shit happens, life goes on. Irony is delicious and all that.

Despite all that crap, we are actually making slow progress. Devec is busy creating some static art for loading screens and the ilk, Helgur optimized the code for his client (which I tested and built yesterday - yes its running fine in windows as well as Mac) and I have more soundshit to work on and finish. Noir promised Jalif to check the designdocs again and start fleshing out the background.

We're not dead. Yet.
    C. Gonna actually print out the one he's got and write all over it. There's just something better about having it on paper. PMing Saul now.

I have been delibaretly absent of this thread as i0m the king of starting something and not finishing it. Instead i would like to offer my assistance in drawing pretty things that hopefully keep you guys motivated.

Something else that crossed my mind is, can the main antagonist of this game be Quackbot? He could spew random quotes from his posts

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    I didn't find an axe.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Please no, it's a worse, less funny, more overused joke than Derek was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

To be fair QuackBot is still posting better than most the people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    To be fair QuackBot is still posting better than most the people on here.
    And that's saying a lot.

Quackbot will be featured in some way in the game, pretty sure about that. Makes an awesome easter egg, if nothing else.

Also Tajidan, what kind of art do you do? Pixelstuff/CGI/handdrawn? Gief link to examples.

im currently in the finishing sprint of a project so i can't make a huge post but i can give you these links for relevant things i did while playing EVE. but i will definately post more in the evening.

My extremely empty deviantartlol page i made for the shipcontest; http://tajidan.deviantart.com/
    and my extremely messy eve-files "gallery"; http://eve-files.com/media/corp/Tajidan/?view=gallery

and something more recent a splash screen for our gamejam entry; http://globalgamejam.org/sites/defau...reen_klein.png

this is probably not a good overview of what i do but i will fix that in the evening