hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Rogue System - hardcore space sim

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Nice to see they have decided that making games isnt as much fun as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    What I want to know is why a spacefighter is wasting all of that space inside for walking around and shit.
    Me too, though I wasn't going to mention it since the game already doesn't seem to care about stuff like that.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    What I want to know is why a spacefighter is wasting all of that space inside for walking around and shit.
    Me too, though I wasn't going to mention it since the game already doesn't seem to care about stuff like that.
    Dont get me wrong im actually a bit excited about this game. I have been checking out the guys site every now and then, but as there has basically been no updates I hadn't been poking the thread.

Dont get me wrong im actually a bit excited about this game. I have been checking out the guys site every now and then, but as there has basically been no updates I hadn't been poking the thread.
    Yeah, I want to see it reach a playable state. If it does, and if the guy models gravity, orbital mechanics, and does a proper drop in systems framework like he claimed, it should be easy enough to mod up a multi-crewed ship with a limited powerplant and a more realistic sensor and weapons package.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Banned
    Check the Hangar Module.

Banned

Neat.

The only real issue I have worn all this reality is that at some point you realise removing the pilot is actually the best idea.

Tapaderpin

Neat.

The only real issue I have worn all this reality is that at some point you realise removing the pilot is actually the best idea.

Tapaderpin
    nope nope nope. well until humanity is able to transfer conciousness I shall deny that anything is better at 'exploring' than humans.

The good thing about ebooks is that most readers have lit screens it makes it possible to read science Fiction while I bury my head in the dark sand.

On Topic that was like watching some one play DCS with a space ship, throw in Oculus rift and hand tracking...... (who needs real space then).

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Neat.

Tapaderpin
    nope nope nope. well until humanity is able to transfer conciousness I shall deny that anything is better at 'exploring' than humans.

The good thing about ebooks is that most readers have lit screens it makes it possible to read science Fiction while I bury my head in the dark sand.

On Topic that was like watching some one play DCS with a space ship, throw in Oculus rift and hand tracking...... (who needs real space then).
    Remote pilot with AI to take over should the pilot get disconnected?

Tapaderpin

Banned

Spoiler:

This was a hectic month. Not only was there a lot to accomplish with RogSys; but school started up again for my younger daughter and my wife, too. It always eats at my time as they get ready to start doing their thing again It all got sorted out though...

As far as RogSys is concerned, I actually found myself giving orbital mathematics another revision to not only make them more accurate, but also make it easier to support the orbital predictions the navigation system requires. Admittedly, I did start off with the "simpler" constant-g prediction. Because of the velocities and much shorter travel times involved target predictions are much easier. I wouldn't say it's as simple as lead the target planet a bit and fire the engines; but, it's certainly more direct than typical Hohmann transfer orbit prediction.

For the initial alpha release we'll be using single-body physics. While the code is there to support up to three bodies I want to keep it simple while we work the kinks out of the basic system. Once we know through testing that things are stable I'll activate a second body and then we'll test that.

Noesis GUI came through again, I have to say. To keep things simple, I'm using their default style with very simplistic, 2D representation of the local star system. Everything I needed it to do though, it did with minimal effort. Again, there was some API teething issues on my part, but they worked themselves out.

As for the functionality of the navigation page, eventually I want to move toward a 3D approach with some form of maneuver node for better visualization. This works for now though--allowing destination selection while proving the validity of the underlying prediction math. That said, the top-down representation is MUCH easier to understand overall. The only thing it doesn't represent are orbit inclinations and other 3rd dimension elements of a trajectory-an obvious problem. Probably what will happen is we'll start with this method, get some feedback based on gameplay about what is required, and then go from there. We have time to work through it strategically.

And that's about it--one more core item knocked off the list. We can now board a ship, start it, communicate with STC to perform a departure, get into space and select a destination. This basically allows us to fly to and from a mission location. Now we begin to get to the fun stuff--weapons, targeting, AI maneuvering, damage, etc. We also have celestial art coming up soon, so hopefully we can get space looking pretty again.

So, a bit of sleep and then on to weapons....

Banned

Banned

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar

Rogue System - DCS Spaceships

I've got a mighty want-boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Ancient thread full of Razor sperging about F22s for whatever reason.

no thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Merging

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

I've got a mighty want-boner.
    Seeing how he flies I'm getting strong I-war flashbacks. For me and 36 other people on this planet this game will be awesome.

Banned

Rogue System - hardcore space sim

https://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/Rogue_System/

"Development is currently on-hold. As detailed in a Steam community forum post in 2018, the one-man development person suffered a head injury and is yet to return to working on Rogue System."