hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am terribru and just started this game, what do I need to know...

thank you all.

another question: what active modules are worth anything? ECM? Tackle? i kind of like the sound of offensive shield and energy transfers...

now i'm not sure whether i should reroll empire or just stay with jericho...
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    thank you all.

another question: what active modules are worth anything? ECM? Tackle? i kind of like the sound of offensive shield and energy transfers...

now i'm not sure whether i should reroll empire or just stay with jericho...
    Target Painters.

totally seeing myself throwing 10$ at them...
    Also, should i wait for higher levels? how 'grindy' is the game?
    Well, you get to t2 pretty fast and t2 introduces you to like 75% of gameplay options.
    With changes to passive loyalty the grind to get them blue modules gets pretty huge after t2.
    Which is kinda nbd honestly, you get a green drop here and there, and your/opponents team not being bad matters way more than that little bit of stats anyway.

T3 starts to get fagtastic because you really need the +20% afterburner speed implant (federation rank 9) to compete in fast ships which is kinda meh, also its farming territory for all the 1337 clans (saw a dude in like full purple lately).

T4 is deserted closed-beta squad faggot territory
    Last edited by n0th; April 1 2013 at 04:36:38 PM.

lol thanks

ok, moar questions: how, in general, should i equip my new Stiletto? (inty)
    should i plug the shield EM hole? fit moar shields?

Should i move EM plasma damage to KIN? Should i ditch plasma for some other tyape of guns? i like the ROF of plasma, but it seams that therm is in general best damage to dish all around... so rails + therm modifier?
    What kind of range should i go for? I'm thinking short or medium, but i'd really, REALLY like to find a speed mod...

Also, more cap or better regen?

i've fitted IR flares and targeting complex (+33% damage) in active slots. The last one is 'cause i have the bonus on that.. should i still use target painter? edit: can't fit target painter. is energy absorber any good?

also, a big quiestion: do mods stack? if i fit 2 damage modifiers, what will the damage output be?

Finally, how do i switch damage if i fit em/kin palsma damage modifier?

thanks a bunch, i know i'm a handful

edit: welp, i found out some stuff when i took it for a spin. oh well
    Last edited by shoki; April 1 2013 at 06:05:36 PM.

Take 2 ammo types (EM/Kinetic), once shields are down, switch to kinetic.

thanks

ok, here's more.
    Is it worth 'tanking' a Machete? (T2 II gunship)? i have a shield booster on it but not sure it's really worth it...
    Another: that Jericho special shield: how do i see my resists with it on? My ship has a massive EM hole. i have a passive EM hardener, but if i switch that special hardener to EM, will it plug the hole? In that case i'm better off with a 'shield extender'...

another one: how do i get blue equipment? all of it requires crazy standings with other fractions....
    Last edited by shoki; April 1 2013 at 09:12:59 PM.

thanks

ok, here's more.
    Is it worth 'tanking' a Machete? (T2 II gunship)? i have a shield booster on it but not sure it's really worth it...
    Another: that Jericho special shield: how do i see my resists with it on? My ship has a massive EM hole. i have a passive EM hardener, but if i switch that special hardener to EM, will it plug the hole? In that case i'm better off with a 'shield extender'...

another one: how do i get blue equipment? all of it requires crazy standings with other fractions....
    I think consensus is that active tanking is nonexistant, get your resists to around 100 then go for shield extender. The only "tanking" happens in passive regen / regen aura from frigs form, emergency invulnerability (Jericho inty racial, emergency shielding mod) or the shield leech active mod. I dont think you can really see the resists with mods/auras but it stands to reason that its just base+x so yeah plug your EM hole and go for buffer.

Re blue stuff, you will at some point want to catch up in levels on the other factions, simply for the implants. Take a look at what subfaction has the most mods youre interested in before you do the switch and youll be fine, but thats where the f2p grind comes in.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 2 2013 at 08:57:38 AM.

thanks

i've decided i'll splurge 10$ to stay a 'premium' user, xp, loyalty and money is just insane

slowly getting the hang of the game, it's ridiculously fun (but can be hellishly bad... plenty of retards out there, and what was with the all detonation games yesterday...?)

in any case, i'm having superfun

Currently rocking a Stiletto with Rapid Fire Plasma, and no tank to talk about: for passive i took 50% off collision damage module because it gives me more manouverability, and instead of tank i have 'orion targetting' thingie for damage bursts and a cloak for GTFO-ing
    So far, so good, last two fights went without me dying.

thanks

i've decided i'll splurge 10$ to stay a 'premium' user, xp, loyalty and money is just insane

slowly getting the hang of the game, it's ridiculously fun (but can be hellishly bad... plenty of retards out there, and what was with the all detonation games yesterday...?)

Currently rocking a Stiletto with Rapid Fire Plasma, and no tank to talk about: for passive i took 50% off collision damage module because it gives me more manouverability, and instead of tank i have 'orion targetting' thingie for damage bursts and a cloak for GTFO-ing
    Stiletto AE is super good and rather tanky aswell, something like 6.6k shield with 35 or higher resists IIRC which is very tanky for an Inty, by far my favorite T2 Interceptor.
    Just slap some Stasis and Ion Beam + third mod of your choice (Parasetic Remodulator is really good if you play solo) and go raep face.
    Paisti CEO (Star Conflict)

Quote Originally Posted by Stige View Post
    thanks

Stiletto AE is super good and rather tanky aswell, something like 6.6k shield with 35 or higher resists IIRC which is very tanky for an Inty, by far my favorite T2 Interceptor.
    Just slap some Stasis and Ion Beam + third mod of your choice (Parasetic Remodulator is really good if you play solo) and go raep face.
    hahaha fuck me, that was EXACTLY my plan when i hit lvl6

edit: i just threw 10$ their way, this is ridiculously cheap fun imho, that'll keep me premium for a month.

I play this game way too much, last night I hit Rank 12 for all three factions.

My four hangar ships are mostly set in stone and each is for a different game mode:

-Fighter: I fly all three races' fighters and enjoy them all, so this slot swaps out regularly.
    -Fed Inty: This is my bomb-runner, and I always have the 7% velocity booster.
    -Empire Inty: This is my captain assassin.
    -Empire Frigate: In domination mode I always start with this, because a decent support frigate going for the middle point is always worth its salt.

I like Ricasso more than Stiletto AE because of better tank/speed tradeoff (in my opinion).
    It has 5k-ish shield (with EM and Thermal plugged) while also sporting 511 m/s with AB (w/ booster) which is p decent.
    I roll w/ cloak + stasis gen + neut thingie.
    - Cloak is nearly guaranteed GTFO butan
    - stasis gen is the obvious OP module
    - i find neut way more useful than ion, because its an additional tackling module (makes other ceptors cap out and turn off their AB)

Also holy shit, rank 12 on 3 factions is some serious grinding, even with premium.
    I have Raid rank 9 as short-term goal, 60k left to go...
    Then probably empire level 9 for the Elf 2 OPness
    Last edited by n0th; April 2 2013 at 02:53:19 PM.

i bought 3k gold moneys... should i just pay for a month of premium? or is there anything else worth paying with gold?

edit: another one:
    As an aspiring Jericho inty pilot: what other factions should i start farming? What blue gear do i want first?
    i reckon guns...
    also: WHEN is the time to start farming other factions?

also: stasis gen can only be acquired as a loot, C?
    thanks
    Last edited by shoki; April 3 2013 at 09:51:52 AM.