hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: The Drone Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    So it looks like massive sections of PL's drone land renter space is being handed over to shadow of xXDeathXx. The Kalevala Expanse, Ossa and Outer Passage are transferring. Who knows if they are transferring more...

Combined with their current holdings, this makes them a huge player in terms of Sov (roughly 6 regions?), not as big as N3 or Goonswarm but significant.

So many questions I have but doubt I'll get answers for until the shooting starts.

1) Does this mean PL thinks they cant hold that much space and is selling it off?
    2) Maybe they are subcontracting the renting to Xdeath cos they cant be bothered with all the admin?
    3) Does this mean PL is anticipating block-breakups and hopes to go back to it's mercenary nomadic life-style and doesn't want to be held down with having to guard sov?
    4) Will we see the other two coalitions break up their renting space and giving it to others to baby-sit?

Whats the gossip yo.
    More income for the Russians allows them to be a better buffer state between the remaining PL empire and the CFC. Due to the fact the B-r style fights are unlikely to happen anymore, the sheer income from renting that much space isn't required to replace titans and supers that are lost. I'm guessing PL will splinter into different groups, kind of like SIGS, to attack different areas based on whatever the FC wants to do, but then regrouping if anything big were to happen.

for the other Blocks, I guess they will try to maintain as much sov as possible whilst making it as untenable for the other to do so. Deploying a couple alliances to harass both ends of the other coalition whilst keeping the bulk behind and then rotating them.

I don't know though this is all just guesswork.

Im waiting for Jesters blog, detailing how this will mean more rmt income and how it was all planned by mittens.

The dudes that runs LoD is friends with Mittens and PL. He's not a buffer state.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    The dudes that runs LoD is friends with Mittens and PL. He's not a buffer state.
    I'm not sure you know what that word means then, if XIX is between PL and goons and they're both friendly to them then they're the perfect buffer state, both groups have a friendly neighbor instead of being on eachother's border generating friction.

These lands belong to the Drones!
    Ape shall not kill Ape.

Like the fat headed ponies of the Mongolian steppe and those who tame them my posts live wild and free on this website.

I hope Greyscale sees this.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/R3P0-Z

33 man corp (about 15 IRL dudes) take a strategically important system from a 10,000 man coalition (that's a rough count form about half of xXdeathXx's blue list.

OK we had a little help from SOLAR (about 25 man USTZ fleet) at the very last timer which helped tip the balance in our favor, but it proves that putting pressure on the big coalitions in places its hard for them to reach can now be effective. Phoebe helped make this game a shit ton better for small groups in my experience in the last couple of weeks.

There is no doubt that xXdeathXx will take this small incursion into their space seriously now and as I type hey are laying down the sledge hammer on us hard, but it was fun getting here and fun to prove a theory of mine, and it was profitable too.

If anyone wants to hire a bunch of low-sec scrubs to fuck up their neighbors shit pm me
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Finally SOLAR can free all the alpha maelstroms they had in there :P

So, xix is probably feeling a bit fragile with the sov changes. Anyone stirring up trouble over here?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    So it looks like massive sections of PL's drone land renter space is being handed over to shadow of xXDeathXx. The Kalevala Expanse, Ossa and Outer Passage are transferring. Who knows if they are transferring more...

Combined with their current holdings, this makes them a huge player in terms of Sov (roughly 6 regions?), not as big as N3 or Goonswarm but significant.

So many questions I have but doubt I'll get answers for until the shooting starts.

1) Does this mean PL thinks they cant hold that much space and is selling it off?
    2) Maybe they are subcontracting the renting to Xdeath cos they cant be bothered with all the admin?
    3) Does this mean PL is anticipating block-breakups and hopes to go back to it's mercenary nomadic life-style and doesn't want to be held down with having to guard sov?
    4) Will we see the other two coalitions break up their renting space and giving it to others to baby-sit?

Whats the gossip yo.
    So is the url.

So what's the news? Surely shit is about to fall apart from within?

please let me help stuff fall apart

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    So what's the news? Surely shit is about to fall apart from within?

please let me help stuff fall apart
    go look at the eastern front thread.

TL;DR TRI/TCF/IRC/SOLAR are attacking XIX who hired Nulli to back them up plus renters and hangers on, PL is hanging around dropping on errybody and Stainwagon is up there too for some reason, I assume because they want to piss on Nulli.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    I hope Greyscale sees this.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/R3P0-Z

33 man corp (about 15 IRL dudes) take a strategically important system from a 10,000 man coalition (that's a rough count form about half of xXdeathXx's blue list.

OK we had a little help from SOLAR (about 25 man USTZ fleet) at the very last timer which helped tip the balance in our favor, but it proves that putting pressure on the big coalitions in places its hard for them to reach can now be effective. Phoebe helped make this game a shit ton better for small groups in my experience in the last couple of weeks.

There is no doubt that xXdeathXx will take this small incursion into their space seriously now and as I type hey are laying down the sledge hammer on us hard, but it was fun getting here and fun to prove a theory of mine, and it was profitable too.

If anyone wants to hire a bunch of low-sec scrubs to fuck up their neighbors shit pm me
    You've gotta hand it to them: they weathered that model pretty hard! (Also, why take more when i'm only going to help.

OK, so looks like XIX pet Spears of Destiny is the new regional landlord in Cobalt Edge. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

6-monthly update:

spears of destiny got kicked out

Drone Walkers was created out of the ex-renters that deposed Spears of Destiny

Walkers got the go-ahead to dog pile into world war bee and started taking territory west of Cobalt Edge

Bees invoked the NIP they had with XIX

XIX reset Walkers

Walkers reinforced something like 3 regions in the space of one day

XIX declared ceasefire for just long enough for the timers to expire

Walkers concentrating on their western front

6-monthly update:

spears of destiny got kicked out

Drone Walkers was created out of the ex-renters that deposed Spears of Destiny

Walkers got the go-ahead to dog pile into world war bee and started taking territory west of Cobalt Edge

Bees invoked the NIP they had with XIX

XIX reset Walkers

Walkers reinforced something like 3 regions in the space of one day

XIX declared ceasefire for just long enough for the timers to expire

Walkers concentrating on their western front
    Heard some of the walker alliances are now collapsing in drone space.

There's Red Walkers and Blue Walkers, based on the standings XIX has towards them.

Presumably blue walkers will stay close to XIX space and be buffer states; red walkers appear to be all-in on the Tenal plan.

There's Red Walkers and Blue Walkers, based on the standings XIX has towards them.

Presumably blue walkers will stay close to XIX space and be buffer states; red walkers appear to be all-in on the Tenal plan.
    Well that must be awkward.

Walkers is a broad church vOv