hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drone Lands

StainWagon vs DRF

War discussion - go!

Re: StainWagon vs DRF

Few systems have been SBU'd, not sure on what exactly has been reinforced.
    Good to see shooting structures is as fun as ever.

I heard that at least two CSAAs got popped with supercaps in them. Anyone confirm this?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Probably nothing in them lol.

Can't confirm what was in build as I don't know I'll just state that construction of supers close to neutral alliances is pretty silly.

In other news it looks like NC are hiring mercs to camp our much needed empire supply line down!

Could I get a where and why? :-)
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

Sorry if it's a noob question but: Anyone know why SW are attacking DRF? What are they getting out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly
    Sorry if it's a noob question but: Anyone know why SW are attacking DRF? What are they getting out of it?
    Blue standings with the NC.

They realized that their bloc of alliances is not about numbers and attacked their closest "blue".

DRF attacked -A- and their allies not too long ago if you do not recall. -A- was sent to Stain, and ROL lost a good chunk of thier space. -A- is back in Catch, ROL has retaken most of Feythabolis. Now it is time to reclaim the rest I guesss. For me, if nothing else, inflicting trillions of ISK damage upon WN infrastructure will be good payback for the inconvienences they caused us previously.

Can't wait for DRF either calling quits on the invasion, or finishing with it. Any bets on how many weeks or even days it will take till -A- loses a couple of their supers to DRF? Once they're done with their invasion, it's gonna get interesting.

Other than that I find it ridiculous enough that -A-/SW is helping NC. I mean, is there anybody left in EVE that should be redder to NC than them, ever since Bob failcascaded again?

The NC did not attack-A- and ROL a year ago, not to mention hiring PL and enlisting the Initiative in their efforts now did they? *Boggle*

I hear the south is nice this time of the year, we should totally pay a visit to you guys

It has been a while since we last saw each other, but you better hurry. 3 more White Noise CSAAs down today, and more reinforced.

14:09:04 Notify The station D2EZ-X VI - Moon 3 - WN D2EZ Reprocessing has been captured by Xenobytes corporation!
    From a grunt PoV it was a fairly drawn out picnic on a titan this afternoon, but supers were running all over Omist/Feyth RFing i-hubs and stations for a good 2/3 hours

Rumours and spais have put the count of CSAAs that died with ships in as 6 (3x Titans, 3x Supers) with 1 Avatar apparently 4 days from completion

2 more White Noise CSAA POS down.

Loot from some of the component assembly arrays:

Quote Originally Posted by Liptonez
    Other than that I find it ridiculous enough that -A-/SW is helping NC. I mean, is there anybody left in EVE that should be redder to NC than them, ever since Bob failcascaded again?
    I'm not exactly sure it's that absurd of a position to take.

First, the NC/Allied forces border A/SW's newer and relatively weaker allied holdings. Yes, NC has a vested interest in not opening up another front, but -A-/SW has a greater need for their allies to get established in their new space without being seriously harassed by all of TEST. Attacking the DRF seriously pushes them solidly into the category of being too valuable to the NC to merit hitting in the back, keeping their smaller allies relatively safe in Delve, Querious, and Period Basis.

Secondly, A/SW have more to gain from taking space from the DRF long-term than they do from fighting the NC. A victorious campaign against the NC would long-term net them Fountain, even if they managed to chew through 5000 test and 5000 goons to do it. Anything further is past OR/Syndicate and thus not easy for a Catch/Esoteria/Feyth-centric coalition to hold. By contrast, taking space from the DRF could yield the old CA wing of space that immediately borders the core A/SW alliances. To top it all off, Goons/TEST are inactive in strategic combat, whereas the DRF is actively engaged with the NC, leaving their southern front - a rather exposed front - essentially entirely undefended.

Finally, the DRF are honestly more of a threat to A/SC than the NC ever will be. Eventually, TEST will threaten Delve, Querious, and Period Basis holdings, but that day has not yet come. TEST is still getting established, and by all accounts Goons/TEST are reluctant to commit heavily to anything in light of the issues facing the rest of the NC. If TEST was to make a move, it would likely be unilateral, as it seems most of their non-goon allies are occupied with the DRF. On their own, TEST would make relatively slow progress, and only against largely expendable members of A/SW's coalition. TEST is also light on supers, and would thus find it difficult to make much progress.

By contrast, the DRF has demonstrated their ability to rapidly mobilize large concentrated forces of supercapitals - and seem to be if anything, on the upswing in terms of supercap power. DRF members have proven to be relatively high in quality, and have long been determined opponents, most of the time showing little weakness - a far cry from the perception of the NC (namely that any given NC are shit). They also have a close relationship with PL, who they have hired on multiple occasions.

With the DRF and PL occupied on the far side of EVE from A/SW, a better opportunity to take a shot at the DRF clearly would not be possible.

Even if you take revenge for the seizure of -A- and allied space out of the equation, from a pure strategic perspective, this move makes a lot of sense.

Its more about grudges against xDeath since Evil Thug was in charge and payback for that whole invasion business last August.

Nice speculation there Ituralde but I very much doubt anyone in AAA/FAIL HQ thought about it on these terms.

Play nice, Rhaegor, Helen.

I'm honestly surprised that after getting spanked senseless for two months, -A- & Friends went after RUS RUS instead of the money pit that is Delve. I mean, I just emptied 4 bil of neod out of personal moons in Delve that are still going strong. I suppose they were hoping that NC would be putting up more of a fight and DRF would get really :smith: but that's not really happening.
    [center:dhwhgvcj][/center:dhwhgvcj]
    [center:dhwhgvcj]True, I have raped history, but it has produced some beautiful offspring[/center:dhwhgvcj]

WN playing the long game~