hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvE 4 man comp

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    for pve
    varc mate did you not hear about lief's insidious plot to get FHC top listed in PVE so everyone will call us carebears?
    the horror

So I've only done a couple of these, both shipyard defense, but why not just bring four Jericho frigates? Put a shield generator on each one and regain 400-500 shield a second, and be able to volley fire the torpedoes and break through the anti-missile lasers of the enemy frigates. Or do the shield generators and team resist boosters not stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    So I've only done a couple of these, both shipyard defense, but why not just bring four Jericho frigates? Put a shield generator on each one and regain 400-500 shield a second, and be able to volley fire the torpedoes and break through the anti-missile lasers of the enemy frigates. Or do the shield generators and team resist boosters not stack?
    I'm pretty sure the AOE Remote Reps don't stack.
    Paisti CEO (Star Conflict)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    stacking mate

Xenosis's sister
    There is no stacking of the SAME TYPE of effects and only the best available is chosen. This includes self effects, targeted effects, and gang links.

Example: Two remote shield rep ships sitting near each other is a waste since only one effect will be applied. If one has Mk1 and the other has Mk3, the Mk3 will always override when he is in range.

Note that if one has remote armor and the other has remote shield, both effects ARE applied since they're not the same thing. Remote rep + remote resists is also valid.

Example 2: Two ships trying to target paint the same enemy with painters of the same effectiveness results in the second painter simply not activating (and with no error message, so don't get confused). If the first painter is Mk1 and the second painter is Mk3, the second painter will activate but shut off the first painter.

or tl;dr talk to your squad mates and make sure you're not running (too many) duplicate mods, especially in PvE where you're going to be shooting one target most of the time.
    Last edited by Minion; March 16 2013 at 09:30:45 PM.

This is probably close to optimal for T2/T3 shipyard:

Stage 1: (EM/Thermal tanks)
    1x Any Fighter (T3/T4) with Valkyrie (required), and the hull/shield resist thingies. Target Painter could help vs the elites but not required.
    3x Grizzly-M (T4) using Lasers and Pulsar (2100m range, 7k total dmg, lol)

Stage 2 & 3: (pure Thermal tanks)
    1x Any Fighter (T3/T4) with Target Painter (on boss, required), Valkyrie (required), and the hull/shield resist thingies.
    3x Ginger Centaur (T4) with Plasma or Rail (crit build for either), Pulsar (every bit of dps helps), and Attack drones

Of course at least one of the frigs should have the Hull/Shield generator thingers.

Grizzly-M: its ship bonus of +50% range to protection modules is awesome because it makes pulsars hit up to 2100m. Combined with the +25% module effectiveness implant means the thing can murder those packs of shitty small ships extremely efficiently. Cycling cooldowns over those 3 frigs should end stage one really fast.

Ginger Centaur: +10% weapon damage, +15% (!!) Crit chance (this is a fucking massive bonus). Of all ships in the game, this one easily has the greatest sustained DPS potential.

T4 ships because of their 170% reward bonus. The fighter is ideally someone in a Desert Eagle or any T4 R12 fighter of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Grizzly-M: its ship bonus of +50% range to protection modules is awesome because it makes pulsars hit up to 2100m.
    My dear Entityfriend. There is a tiny little wee bit of a problem with your theory. Pulsar are tactical, not protection. However you are quite right to propose the use of a smartbomb ... err ... pulsar (the game calls that thing smartbomb internally). As it happens my dropbox got something in it to show how it's done.

Given that I recorded a random party with random noobs I can't show off with finishing the T2 scenario in 5:14. The T3/4 variation can be done in 6 minutes. Ohh, and laz0rs ain't no good. This is no EVE after all.

If I have 4 pilots with proper empire standing I would go for 1 Ginger Centaur and 3 King Kastors. Simply because overdrive is horrendously overpowered. Remove the shields, then switch to needle and drop into overdrive. Boss down in 30 seconds.

That 6:27 is pretty decent time but we have done it faster than that.

Waiting on the video of that 5min run...

Xenosis's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by gfldex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Grizzly-M: its ship bonus of +50% range to protection modules is awesome because it makes pulsars hit up to 2100m.
    Pulsar are tactical, not protection.
    Last edited by Minion; March 20 2013 at 09:37:40 AM.

I stand corrected ... until they fix it.

I stand corrected ... until they fix it.
    Butthurt much?

After more theorycrafting, the rapid fire plasma and heavy plasma have about the same sustained DPS, and the Ginger Centaur can get 10k dps with either easily.

If I have 4 pilots with proper empire standing I would go for 1 Ginger Centaur and 3 King Kastors. Simply because overdrive is horrendously overpowered. Remove the shields, then switch to needle and drop into overdrive. Boss down in 30 seconds.
    My gut instinct says if you put the Ginger up against the KK in Overdrive, they will come out about equal, and in that case the Ginger wins because its damage output doesn't rely on a 10 second burst (of which you spend ~2 cooling down guns for 2nd burst)
    KK + Heavy Plasma in overdrive is obscene though

The lasers for stage 1 suggestion was just for the hitscan so you don't have to lead and don't have missed shots, and those small ships die fast anyway. They should come out about equal in performance. Lasers, however, do suck in the dps department.

Pulse laser have 340 base no?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Pulse laser have 340 base no?
    Pulse Lasers wont even hit a brick wall though, Assault Lasers are win for killing the small pesky things.

ok, a question. That boosting fighter that's supposed to be with frigs: what would his style of play be? Sit with frigs and snipe? medium range? Run around with a shotgun?
    Running around with mediums 'makes sense' to me, but what do i know?

also: general consensus is that fed frigs are superior for pve? C/D?
    thanks
    Last edited by shoki; April 3 2013 at 12:03:04 AM.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Frigs with assault lasers are best cause they can hit small shit from afar.

The support fighter is imo best off with plasma dogfighting it to hell and back. Just watch out not to overextend when elites appear
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Then, Command ship it is.
    thanks.

btw is the FHC corp active?

Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    Then, Command ship it is.
    thanks.

btw is the FHC corp active?
    kind of. im usually on, squadding with my brother or sometimes if im lucky getting the honoures of doing glorious pve with entity and bek (lief?)

There's been a HUGE drop off in activity since it hit steam.

well, shit
    my nake is fatshoki, so hit me up if you remember, i want to play this with people.
    I usually also play with my brother, but we're so green we leave green stains wherever we go, so a knowledgeable benevolent leader would be a godsend.