hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvE 4 man comp

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

PvE 4 man comp

okies, we seem to have 4 or more rolling scenarios at any one time so i figured a thread on ship comps and fits would be a good idea, also with T2 being fairly cheap a separate pve ship could be decent investment.

so my thinking is-

fighter (command) res buffs/dmg buff
    frigate (support) reppers
    fighter (debuffer)
    ceptor (ecm)

plasma weaps with needler mod when sheilds are down on the boss

thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Who's going to kill shit? :/

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Who's going to kill shit? :/
    Implying there is no fire power

Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

You want a jericho Frig, fun to wipe all those npc swarms with a torp.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

As resident carebear, here's my thoughts:

Enemies do all 3 types of damage, inties shoot plasma EM, fighters shoot railguns kinetic, frigates and Elite/Boss shoot lasers thermal, so fit good thermal resists at least

1st room - 3 waves dogfight - basically any 4 ships can do this, you just gotta watch out for enemy elite frigates (they got drones, lazors and smartbombs, and can hurt if they all focus fire on one of ya, which they have a tendency to do). Also one or two NPC inties, I think, will use one of those mods that shut down and disable your active mods for a couple of seconds, so watch out and don't get caught with your pants down (almost died a couple of times before I realized my shit was turned off).
    This is the goofball stage, very fun to fly if you're in an inty/fighter cause it's just a massive furball and doog tiems with shit exploding everywhere.
    Enemies get thermal resists (only in this room) so if you're using lasers go with EM mod.

2nd room - destroying the 3 Nav Stations - same as above, more or less. Flak Turrets shoot kinetic, and I think when you attack the second tower it will start spawning Elites. Also as long as you don't destroy the Nav Stations enemies will keep spawning.

3rd room - Punisher boss fight - Boss is a bitch in a Cyclone with OVER 9000 hitpoints!?!?!?!?!?!?! He shoots lazors, drones and a smartbomb - when you hear the WARNING and see FRIENDLY RUSSIAN LETTERS it's time to get out of Line of Sight. After a bit of practice it's easy. The problem is getting caught in the open cause that fucking smartbomb (thermal) hurts, especially if he also hits you with drones and lasers if you get the aggro.

Twice during this fight an enemy squad will spawn, consisting of about 5 Elite Frigs and one Veteran Frig. The Veteran can shoot a Torpedo and all use lasers, so fit thermal resists plx. The tactic is to move and start ganking the ELites as soon as they appear, focus fire is the key.

Interceptor debuffing/lockdown wont work with baws, we tried to shut down his smartbomb, those disabling mods dont seem to work on NPCs so no go on that idea (someone may try to test a bit more).

In short, Occam's Razor:

Get 2 support frigs with spider reps (Hydra masterrace imo) just in case you get separated. Easier to be in range of at least one spidertank.
    Other 2 ships should be Command Fighters (resist buffs) or Protection Frigs (dmg buffs and other protection shit).
    4 lazor Hydras > all, imho. Although some railgun/plasma action might be cool for Nav Stations and Bawsfite.

1. Focus fire on elites
    2. move as group and blitz the Nav Stations clockwise
    3. learn to lose LoS in boss fight and see 1.

PvE is on farmmode as far as I am concerned, helped FHC m8s last 2 days get greens for t2 ships, purples drop about almost never but there's a small chance. PvE is cool when you get a new ship so you have at least some cool mods, it also boosts your synergy so you can do a couple PvE's and get your ship sauced up for PvP.

FURTHERMORE
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; March 13 2013 at 12:51:15 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

That's not entirely accurate. The bosses and elites alternate between thermal and em damage on all of their abilities in T2. This is easily verified by flying a raid fighter and watching the boss wail away on you with lasers and not getting the damage buff until you swap to EM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    As resident carebear, here's my thoughts:

Enemies do all 3 types of damage, inties shoot plasma EM, fighters shoot railguns kinetic, frigates and Elite/Boss shoot lasers thermal, so fit good thermal resists at least

1st room - 3 waves dogfight - basically any 4 ships can do this, you just gotta watch out for enemy elite frigates (they got drones, lazors and smartbombs, and can hurt if they all focus fire on one of ya, which they have a tendency to do). Also one or two NPC inties, I think, will use one of those mods that shut down and disable your active mods for a couple of seconds, so watch out and don't get caught with your pants down (almost died a couple of times before I realized my shit was turned off).
    This is the goofball stage, very fun to fly if you're in an inty/fighter cause it's just a massive furball and doog tiems with shit exploding everywhere.
    Enemies get thermal resists (only in this room) so if you're using lasers go with EM mod.

2nd room - destroying the 3 Nav Stations - same as above, more or less. Flak Turrets shoot kinetic, and I think when you attack the second tower it will start spawning Elites. Also as long as you don't destroy the Nav Stations enemies will keep spawning.

3rd room - Punisher boss fight - Boss is a bitch in a Cyclone with OVER 9000 hitpoints!?!?!?!?!?!?! He shoots lazors, drones and a smartbomb - when you hear the WARNING and see FRIENDLY RUSSIAN LETTERS it's time to get out of Line of Sight. After a bit of practice it's easy. The problem is getting caught in the open cause that fucking smartbomb (thermal) hurts, especially if he also hits you with drones and lasers if you get the aggro.

Twice during this fight an enemy squad will spawn, consisting of about 5 Elite Frigs and one Veteran Frig. The Veteran can shoot a Torpedo and all use lasers, so fit thermal resists plx. The tactic is to move and start ganking the ELites as soon as they appear, focus fire is the key.

Interceptor debuffing/lockdown wont work with baws, we tried to shut down his smartbomb, those disabling mods dont seem to work on NPCs so no go on that idea (someone may try to test a bit more).

In short, Occam's Razor:

Get 2 support frigs with spider reps (Hydra masterrace imo) just in case you get separated. Easier to be in range of at least one spidertank.
    Other 2 ships should be Command Fighters (resist buffs) or Protection Frigs (dmg buffs and other protection shit).
    4 lazor Hydras > all, imho. Although some railgun/plasma action might be cool for Nav Stations and Bawsfite.

1. Focus fire on elites
    2. move as group and blitz the Nav Stations clockwise
    3. learn to lose LoS in boss fight and see 1.

PvE is on farmmode as far as I am concerned, helped FHC m8s last 2 days get greens for t2 ships, purples drop about almost never but there's a small chance. PvE is cool when you get a new ship so you have at least some cool mods, it also boosts your synergy so you can do a couple PvE's and get your ship sauced up for PvP.

FURTHERMORE
    I second this.

As said i tried ecm ceptor on boss, worked about 40 sec till the smartbomb came on, 4 hits then you go boom in a ceptor.... And u cant turn his smarty of.

Just go quad rr jericho frigs and blap the boss from behind cover 20k every 30 or so seconds.

The boss's drones appear to be the same one as the Armada faction frigs and shoot down incoming missiles. I'm not sure what the CD is on it so you might be able to get some through if you fire enough at once.

Really welp. but does the boss Spawn in the same place everytime for dropping mine fields on?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Really welp. but does the boss Spawn in the same place everytime for dropping mine fields on?
    Have you tried the boss Varacus? He has huge HP.

8 minefields wouldn´t even take out the shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Have you tried the boss Varacus? He has huge HP.

8 minefields wouldn´t even take out the shields.
    That's why I'm asking and you can shoot after you mine mate. Isn't this suppose to be :theorycrafting

Yes, he spawns in the same place everytime, but he's about 5km away at the very start. He will focus on one of ya (I'd say there is "aggro", I just dunno if it's LoS based or dmg/hate based) and follow ya around so minefields are viable, but they won't do much except maybe destroy his drones.

It takes OVER 9000 dmg to lower his shields/armor by 1 measly block, at least (literally). Probably several times more than 9000, jokes aside, for 1 measly healthbar to drop on that fuck.

Oh yeah, destroying his drones lowers his dps, so I kinda try to shoot them whenever I am close enough. I'd say it has the CD of a "normal" full synergy frig.

He's also using some purple ray type a thingy that kinda reminds me of Plasma Web or similar ability aside from his lasers, drones and smartbomb.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; March 14 2013 at 02:09:29 AM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

FRONT PAGE MOTHERFUCKERS

well, almost

for pve

The purple ray is a Target Painter because the boss apparently has a fighter hiding inside his frigate.

for pve
    varc mate did you not hear about lief's insidious plot to get FHC top listed in PVE so everyone will call us carebears?

Xenosis's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilulil View Post
    The boss's drones appear to be the same one as the Armada faction frigs and shoot down incoming missiles. I'm not sure what the CD is on it so you might be able to get some through if you fire enough at once.
    The cooldown is long enough that he'll shoot down one of each volley, so you'd need to send at least two for even one to get through (n-1 torps make it). Spamming torpedoes in the T2+ PvE is generally suboptimal since it takes more than one torp to kill the small ships and Agents with the missile laser drones are everywhere.

On the other hand, using mass torps to one shot everything in T1 PvE 1/3 is hilarious if you memorize spawn positions. Nice to get new players some quick green T1 gear.
    Last edited by Minion; March 14 2013 at 07:42:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    for pve
    varc mate did you not hear about lief's insidious plot to get FHC top listed in PVE so everyone will call us carebears?

PVE so hard!

jk
    Paisti CEO (Star Conflict)