hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Star Conflict General

Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Why is one quite so bitter about it?
    to tell you honestly, i don't know

i'm 30 now and my attention span is very, very short, and i haven't gotten so excited about the game in probably 10 years
    and than they started hacking and slashing and doing god awful changes in direct contrast to playerbase
    and i started hating the game

it's jsut that i haven't been so excited about the game in a long, long time, and they ruined it with every fucking patch, making things worse and worse, in face of the outrage of the playerbase
    When i quit the playerbase was numbered in hundreds.
    During EU prime there were typically a 2000 pilots online about a month ago...

I guess I'm glad I never noticed this until after the changes then. I like the ability to just pick it up and randomly blow people up, but I cannot see any semblance of what people are saying it used to be. Never having the best means the poor quality trash seems okay, I guess.

EDIT: EU prime yesterday night was around 2k as well. Steam seems to be doing favours. The global chat is suprisingly bearable for a steam F2P as well. Community is better in every way than LoL, for example, which is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Miller View Post
    During EU prime there were typically a 2000 pilots online about a month ago...
    oh i stopped waaaay longer ago
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Hahahah oh wow.jpg

You should actually try the latest patch so. If you thought the changes a few months back were severe you should try these newer ones!

to be precise, i didn't have the problem with the severity of changes, but their nature (always EXACTLY opposite of the playerbase suggestions) and the way they implemented them, hacking shit around without any consideration
    At one point, every patch would break a game even more, making it unplayable at T3
    I still remember fights with 1 inty pilot and all other in frigs...

There was some horribly broken stuff, at one stage long range frigs were useless. Now they are buffed again and maybe overpowered - maybe not. Similarly with ECM ceptors, everyone hates being hit by stasis web. That got a huge nerf. The game used to be "interceptor conflict" but I think it's a bit more balanced now.

There have been too many big changes lately so I don't really know what to think... Lack of players is a problem, sometimes the queue takes ages to pop. Sometimes I get very ggs, sometimes I get a stupid 3v3 with 2 bots on each side.

Flying a tier 4 interceptor with lots of purplez and 8/10 synergy helps

edit: Oh look, a new patch! Looks like mostly cosmetic stuff this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sc forum
    Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.6

General changes
    Improved tutorial missions
    Corporations can now have their own emblems

Emblems are purchased in the "My Corporation" tab
    Emblems can only be purchased by corporation CEOs
    An emblem costs 1000 to 1500 iridium
    Corporations that participated in a special promo, can buy individual emblem designs

Weapons
    Automatic weapon guidance is now 4 times weaker

Graphics
    Improved textures
    Improved icons
    Improved graphical effects
    New Self-Destruct explosion effect

Sound
    Added Singularity Generator projectile fly-by sound
    Improved Singularity Generator sound
    Optimized sound volume
    Improved Hangar sounds
    Improved music

Bug fixes
    Further performance optimizations
    Corrected Self-Destruct and Tactical Warhead descriptions
    Fixed incorrect game mode display for squad members
    Text corrections
    Last edited by balistic void; September 19 2013 at 11:54:22 AM.

Tacklers are made almost entirely worthless at higher tiers by a single implant.

Shit aint fixed yet, just sayin'

Tacklers as in the fighter class called tacklers? Or tacklers like we think of in eve (interceptor with stasis web)? The t15 implant only affects stun duration doesn't it? This doesn't affect any of the fighter tackler modules. For interceptors stasis is not their only module, also you overestimate how many people have reached that level. Even if you have the implant it only takes effect if you fly a ship of that level or higher. They have been messing with the matchmaker a lot, I don't find it putting me against t5 people that much. Most opponents seem to have similar to me, one t4 ship and bunch of other t3 ships.

I hated the fighter tackler I had (katana). The Katana S command fighter was so much better... Diffusion shield is amazing. It's countered by ceptor + energy drain tho. Command fighter is easy mode, you are the toughest thing around and get so many points from buff assists.
    Last edited by balistic void; September 19 2013 at 02:45:54 PM.

Fighter tacklers, I meant, yeah. But its not the T15 implant, its a lower down one that strips all slows and makes you immune to them for ~10s whenever you use a survival or something else (repair? fuck knows what the names are) module. Flares and a shield boost can make you totally immune, and the tackler doesnt really do so much to people who are evading, particularly 'ceptors, who its supposed to hard counter.

Although the painter still has merit, you're honestly better off as a gunship for DPS, no fuckers follow your target unless you're in a squad, and the command actually has some tank.

Ah I see that implant now, it's a T8 fed implant. Says "immune to engine-inhibiting effects for 10 seconds" whenever you use a restoration or survival module. Sounds pretty good, but I haven't really noticed enemies using it. I only have jericho stuff myself and don't fly fighter tackler. Even without the implant most people have about 75% reduction to duration of stuns etc. Only get about 1 second stun from stasis web.

Quote Originally Posted by balistic void View Post
    Ah I see that implant now, it's a T8 fed implant. Says "immune to engine-inhibiting effects for 10 seconds" whenever you use a restoration or survival module. Sounds pretty good, but I haven't really noticed enemies using it. I only have jericho stuff myself and don't fly fighter tackler. Even without the implant most people have about 75% reduction to duration of stuns etc. Only get about 1 second stun from stasis web.
    75% reduction in a stupidly long duration module like the high-tier tackler engine damps isnt such a big deal, though, I feel. Certainly not like "oh, engine damped? K fuck you flares/shield booster". particularly if you're fighting a command boat and it just shield boosts and head-ons you giving no fucks, or a ceptor just pops stealth and moves to sit on your arse where you cant actually turn fast enough to hurt it.

Bah... I dunno what has changed but I can't seem to hit anything with this new patch. No lag problems but it feels like the lead reticle for ceptor shrapnel cannon is completely off... Was fine yesterday. Reticle for assault rails seems fine tho.

Might be minor latency issues, because you're moving faster with the ceptor than the fighters?

You're mad for the same reason I am.

It was fun and then they changed it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balistic void View Post
    Hahahah oh wow.jpg

You should actually try the latest patch so. If you thought the changes a few months back were severe you should try these newer ones!
    The conversation chain i spelled out is pretty plain to see m8, don't have to live like an eskimo every winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Takon Orlani View Post
    You're mad for the same reason I am.

It was fun and then they changed it.
    Spot on