hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: basic vs. expert camera

basic vs. expert camera

i really hate the names of these two modes. one should be "floating" and the other "fixed" because i don't want to be a scrub tier fighter jock flying in basic mode even though i think it's superior.

how do you fly? i like basic because i like being able to see where i'm going to go rather than where i am going right now. entity mentioned he flies expert because otherwise he hits stuff, but i find the opposite to be true, because i have a better spatial sense of where my ship is at when i'm mousing all over.

on the other hand, i have a lot of trouble doing barrel rolls and turning and keeping on target, which i find easier to do when in expert.

Basic for frigates, expert for useful ships.

I think a keybinded toggle is upon us.

What is the actual difference between them? Expert felt so clumsy or something when I tried it :l

expert locks your camera behind the ship. it feels like the ships have a lot more inertia since you're actually tied into one view. i think this is kinda dumb because of your ship's turrets track tbh, in a hawk m the ship rotates so quick you can keep both turrets on a target 135 degrees behind you if you keep a good roll.

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    expert locks your camera behind the ship. it feels like the ships have a lot more inertia since you're actually tied into one view. i think this is kinda dumb because of your ship's turrets track tbh, in a hawk m the ship rotates so quick you can keep both turrets on a target 135 degrees behind you if you keep a good roll.
    For interceptors, expert is pretty much required, if you are like me and weave like a boss between the map clutter and -really- tight spaces. It's very hard to do that with basic.

I noticed that every time i get owned by an empire figter they are rapidfiring basic camera whores that just keep flying in circles with max speed set and overload turned on.

I would totally pixelhunt in open spaces but, alas, flying where i want to is my priority.

I didn't know there were diffrent modes lol!!!!! going to try that out in a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalif View Post
    I didn't know there were diffrent modes lol!!!!! going to try that out in a bit!
    yea me neither.
    I would have wanted an even freer cammera tho, so you don't get circlestrafed by those damn ceptors whenever you try a frig. It kind of fucks up the usability of the brawler frigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalif View Post
    yea me neither.
    I would have wanted an even freer cammera tho, so you don't get circlestrafed by those damn ceptors whenever you try a frig. It kind of fucks up the usability of the brawler frigs.
    same here.
    so, which one is default? which one have i been using by now?
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Expert mode basically just increases the dead zone of the mouse reticule. Basic is the default.