hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 Federation goodness and you

T2 Federation goodness and you

I am currently flying assplasma 520 m/s Hawk-M and stabrail targetpainting Fox-M, Claw and Muninn if you will.

Due to servers being down i can not tell you all the details but in short i am using the Hawk to intercept other ceppies and fighters.
    Modules are achilles system, IR flares and cloak. That, on top of obligatory emergency barrier gives out a lot of damage potential for a ceptor and silly levels of survivability supplemented by shield regen modification and EM hardener.
    All missile slots are occupied by mines i use for conducting bombing runs on frigates and a minefield for bumrushing bacons.

Fox only sports experimental stabrails because i had to fit them somewhere. When i had to complete the backstabbing contract (kill 10 ships while cloak is on cooldown) i used assplasmas and introduced enemy snipers to a world of pain because of em/kin damage spectrum since i had to deal with both Hydras and Templars.
    I am still not sure on the third module but target painter and IR flares are a must and so is the emergency barrier because while Fox is a fighter it's still fast and those 3 seconds can give you a decent chance of escaping the natural enemy, Deimos.
    Unlike on Hawk shield and capacitor sizes play a bigger role than regeneration as 23 seconds are enough to fly back to your frigates.
    Mines for initial frigate nuking and kinetic missiles for fatalities.

Frigates? If you are a madman like me you don't want to touch them
    Last edited by RazoR; March 11 2013 at 03:48:37 PM.

Fuck yeah Federation.

I think I'll try and crowbar your Hawk-M setup onto my Hawk and see how it goes. Want a Fox-M too but will focus first on kitting out the interceptor.

Target painter is great module though, I use one on my Lynx-M and its awesome.
    Last edited by Elias M; March 11 2013 at 03:48:51 PM.
    e + 1 = 0

Currently playing: Warframe, Kerbal Space Program

Currently have assault plasma cannons on my Fox-M. I was looking at the rapid-fire versions, but they don't seem to offer any real benefit in return for wider spread and shorter range. Projectile speed is something like 30m/s greater, so not much benefit.

How wrong am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias M View Post
    Fuck yeah Federation.

I think I'll try and crowbar your Hawk-M setup onto my Hawk and see how it goes. Want a Fox-M too but will focus first on kitting out the interceptor.

Target painter is great module though, I use one on my Lynx-M and its awesome.
    Badly. You need the saboteur role to not run out of cap instantly.
    Lightweight hull and shield regen are also nifty.

Hawk mk1 is a frontline skirmisher, not a breakthrough ceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Currently have assault plasma cannons on my Fox-M. I was looking at the rapid-fire versions, but they don't seem to offer any real benefit in return for wider spread and shorter range. Projectile speed is something like 30m/s greater, so not much benefit.

How wrong am I?
    By far the biggest benefit of rapid fire plasmas = no overheating.

I personaly love them (Got 2x T2 Epic Rapid Fire Plasmas, one on my Superkite and one on my Phobos aura).
    Seriously insane damage on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post

How wrong am I?
    Same here, i rarely overheat my assplasmas but when i do i just web fast movers or teabag a frigate on a head-on pass.
    Smartbombs are a danger but you have your barrier and 400+ m/s.

Fox is very rapeable for other fighters and ceptors, your first instinct on anything going wrong should be GTFOing. Even if you didn't take out your target you caused a significant diversion.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 11 2013 at 03:55:56 PM.

Using rapidplasma with incdmg/needle on Superkite and Hawk-M, actives stasis/achilles/x. Passives emergency barrier is a must, for other I use thermal resist atm because nearly everything that can hit me seems to do thermal dmg (Jericho missiles, lasers without em crystal, etc.)

Fed t2 frigs seem bit weak for reason they cannot be tanked properly and drones die to everything aoe.

Havent played fighter line much, cloak is gimmicky but tank seems to be paper compared to other races.

Emergency barrier kinda sucks on interceptors in Detonation. When it triggers, you drop the bomb, which is rather embarassing if you're like 75% done planting the bomb.
    So I just put EM, Thermal and Collision compensator (more maneuverability and ability to faceplant stuff without asploding is nice when weaving through tight spaces)

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Emergency barrier kinda sucks on interceptors in Detonation. When it triggers, you drop the bomb, which is rather embarassing if you're like 75% done planting the bomb.
    So I just put EM, Thermal and Collision compensator (more maneuverability and ability to faceplant stuff without asploding is nice when weaving through tight spaces)
    Noticed this today when I played arcade for change, it triggers at 15% hull so probably you would have died anyway since EB blocks the hit killing you. Kinda makes you feel stupid thou when it happens

Of course, If playing mostly arcade and planning to run bomb, EM hard might save getting into that low hp anyway.

screenshot of you going 530 please

Quote Originally Posted by Zodi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Noticed this today when I played arcade for change, it triggers at 15% hull so probably you would have died anyway since EB blocks the hit killing you. Kinda makes you feel stupid thou when it happens
    Maybe, maybe not. But even then, I'd rather explode and get a fresh interceptor for the next bombing run than fly around with a severely wounded ship that can't take another hit. (Arcade mode, yes)

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    Don't feed him, man.

I got 522.4 m/s on my Hawk with all the shit, purple lightweight hull included.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    Don't feed him, man.

I got 522.4 m/s on my Hawk with all the shit, purple lightweight hull included.
    ok that was the missing piece, thanks. considering i was maxing at 458 with my fed ships (mk 2 mod, no implant) and getting the faction + implant was only getting me to just over 500 I wanted to make sure you weren't accidentally adding the green bonus in twice. obv it shows up clearly in the HUD but, you know, confirmation :P

i am a dumb bad butthole
    Last edited by pratell; March 11 2013 at 04:45:18 PM.

Fuck off nerd this is T2 zone~

So my Hawk set-up at the moment is:

Assault Plasma (with Enhanced Plasma & Needle)
    Unguided Plasma missiles
    Guided Armour-Piercing missiles

Capacitor Charger
    Collision Compensator

IR Flares
    Ion Beam

Critique welcomed. I might swap the unguided missiles out for mines and keep the AP missiles for quick final-blows. Since the ship has bonuses to ECM I might as well have the Ion Beam, I think its the only worth-while ECM module on an interceptor and I obviously use it to stop people shooting the bomb-carrier etc. Is it worth dropping the Collision Comp for an EM shield hardener to plug the EM gap?
    e + 1 = 0

unguided plasma missiles? try out proxy mines for frigate destroying goodness.

personally i believe the hawk m to be the superior faction ship, while the extra damage from the vanguard web is great at being killy, nullifying passive shield tanks as well as active boosters via armada web is much more useful.

Why not use the parasitic shield mod that leeches shields?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I find the Ion Beam a bit more useful as an interceptor, its a more useful module for the whole team since you can stop an enemy shooting at the bomb-carrier or team captain for a few seconds and buy some precious time.
    e + 1 = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Elias M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I find the Ion Beam a bit more useful as an interceptor, its a more useful module for the whole team since you can stop an enemy shooting at the bomb-carrier or team captain for a few seconds and buy some precious time.
    it's also nice if you're being chased while carrying the bomb. Just press T to lock the guy without looking at him, get to the station, then ion beam and you can plant the bomb in peace :P