hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [TMA] Wormholes

[TMA] Wormholes

I recently found a system near my home that pretty reguallarly spawns C3 wormholes, and decided I might as well poke around when things are slow.

So questions,
    What would an expectable omni tank be for a Tengu?
    Cap stable or burst tank?
    What is the sleepers standard/max orbit?

Any other tips or tricks that can help me? Thanks in advance.

That actually probably means those C3 inhabitants like their statics near your home for logistics purposes, so leave them rather than cycling them. I'd watch out running anoms in a tengu via someone else's static, or even just if you are from a convenient lowsec.

As for tank, iirc 500dps+ omni, 60% stable to deal with sleeper neuting. The tackle frigs like to orbit at the edge of faction web range iirc, so ~15km. Otherwise be able to deal out to 40-50km iirc. Fit an AB. C2s are longer ranged and shit iirc. C1s can be blitzed for better isk & shorter ranged weapons.
    http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=WormholeSpace

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    As for tank, iirc 500dps+ omni, 60% stable to deal with sleeper neuting. The tackle frigs like to orbit at the edge of faction web range iirc, so ~15km. Otherwise be able to deal out to 40-50km iirc. Fit an AB. C2s are longer ranged and shit iirc. C1s can be blitzed for better isk & shorter ranged weapons.
    http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=WormholeSpace
    Thanks for the info.

EEeesh 40/50km rules out using HAM's then.

Fit an AB.
    We(back in the day, pre sleeper neut change) managed with armour pulse Legions, you probably can with modern HAMs Tengu/whatever. Though there's few BS, mostly cruisers/frigs. But you can paint & web too.

C2s are longer ranged and shit iirc.
    C2s aren't shit, they're ok. They spawn at range but usually close range to 20k or so.

the thing from the buzz buzz

You want alteast 1k tank if your going to solo c3s Daneel

Never used to, 450dps tank + >500m/s AB was enough for my T2 fitted legion. I'm sure a fat stationary shield ship/sponge needs to absorb more.

Never used to, 450dps tank + >500m/s AB was enough for my T2 fitted legion. I'm sure a fat stationary shield ship/sponge needs to absorb more.
    Try it now and you will melt this is going 600ms

1k tank?
    A mate did it in a Mach, i cant image he would 1k tank without booster all the time.
    C4 was possible with 2 Tengus repping each other, that's like a 700 eHP/s tank right?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Yeah calling bullshit, I'm aware of no changes to the dps, only the neuting. Maybe you need to learn to stagger your reps on armour tankers, or get transversal on BSs rather than approach them?
    We're talking anoms here, not mag/radars.

I though it was mags/radars nvm then

I think soloing C3 sites in a legion was the closest I've had to fun doing PvE ever (pre neut changes again) Tank was barely enough from what I remember, used to get a bit hairy at times.

edit: iirc I decided it wasn't much more profitable soloing them as it took longer so didn't bother often

how "full" are wormholes? would i still be able to find a good C3 with no one living there?

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged sedation View Post
    how "full" are wormholes? would i still be able to find a good C3 with no one living there?
    Define "good". No one ever lives in a blackhole, so even C2 blackholes are pretty empty. In my experience, most C2s are occupied. C2s with a C5 or C6 static are almost always empty, whereas a C2 with a C4 static will always be occupied. C3s are a bit different. A C3 with a null will likely be empty, a C3 with a high will always be occupied, a C3 with a low might be found available. Add in variables, and it changes things a bit. So, what is "good"?

:Tabletz:

is it possible to find a low-traffic C3? maybe one of the "subspace" ones?

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged sedation View Post
    is it possible to find a low-traffic C3? maybe one of the "subspace" ones?
    Subspace? Any C3 is going to see the same number of K162s, but C3 space is generally quiet. Doubt you'll find a C3 -> Highsec, but C3 -> Low or Null are both possible, and likely open.

If you want to run C3 sites, plop yourself down in a C4 with a C3 static. Plenty of those to go around, you eliminate the risk of ever running out of sites, and you can connect to all 3 kinds of K-space. Or just live in highsec, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to find a C3 on a given day.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    If you want to run C3 sites, plop yourself down in a C4 with a C3 static. Plenty of those to go around, you eliminate the risk of ever running out of sites, and you can connect to all 3 kinds of K-space. Or just live in highsec, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to find a C3 on a given day.
    A c2 with a c3 static might work better due to the dual static. I suppose it's not that big of a difference actually.

Well you won't find one of those unoccupied, unless maybe the other static is null.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    Well you won't find one of those unoccupied, unless maybe the other static is null.
    Null statics are only paired with a c5 or c6 static. C3 statics pair with high or occasionally low. AFAIK, you're right about them being full though.