hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Lord British presents: Shroud of the Avatar, Forsaken Virtues

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    So... this is officially out now.
    I can see from the last 4 years of intense discussion that people were keenly awaiting this, but has anyone tried it yet?
    Didn't know it was out.. Wanted to remind myself why I hated it so much 4 years ago.. Searched from 'Shroud' on steam.. It was the 5th hit. Gets mixed reviews (its pretty much 50/50 right now) and god damn the people leaving bad reviews are making an effort. Those things pretty much describe everything that's wrong with the game in detail. One of them was multiple pages long..

It looks like if this would have come out 15 years ago it would have been awesome, but it didnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Tried off and on quite a bit, release version is a lot more refined especially combat, crafting is almost interesting but gathering any thing in decent amounts is a pain, plus you end up with so many bits and pieces that you need a house just to store the chests of resources.
    exploring just does not really feel much of a thing, the map idea sounds good but all it means is you can cover the whole map in an hour ad dip your toes into most of the instances (which are pretty much universally bland). some people seem to be getting on well with the game from the amount of houses i see people owning while i barely have enough coin to afford the NPC crafting components i need to process my mats.

All in, some great ideas, the deck system is great giving you a ton of flexibility in your build and the ability to have your skill sets fixed and always there or adding some randomness and getting more variety / power the more random you let in. The map would be nice if it felt a bit more involving and the instance areas are mostly plain and empty.

Right now I am much more interested in project gorgon.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

feluc only, fuck trammel...

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Some people seem to be getting on well with the game from the amount of houses i see people owning while i barely have enough coin to afford the NPC crafting components i need to process my mats.
    A lot of the early founders have multiple houses, with many owning entire town's worth. If you think people spent a ton on Star Citizen, you haven't seen the kinds of money some of these people threw at SotA.

I tried playing it for a while since I had also chipped in during KS, but every patch was >1gig and I gave up trying to keep up with my pathetic internet speed and cap.

The community is really really good, however the game overall is on the meh side. It does has some depth to it, but sometimes it seems it's there just to add complexity and not because it's actually beneficial. There's a lot of heavy instancing, which is not bad per se. Every game doesn't need to be open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    It looks like if this would have come out 15 years ago it would have been awesome, but it didnt.
    Also this.

Edit: @Tailn If you're still playing the game and want/need access to a house, I don't mind sharing. Assuming my lot deed hasn't expired (you have to renew once a year, atleast for founders)
    Last edited by Jolin; April 16 2018 at 02:02:21 PM.