hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***R-v-B -- The MOST active PVP community in EVE***

Also, it seems that we would prefer new apps to join Red Fed for the time being, especially if they are based in the EU & NA timezones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangala Solaris View Post
    Also, it seems that we would prefer new apps to join Red Fed for the time being, especially if they are based in the EU & NA timezones.
    What a clever ploy to get people to join blue rep.

Quote Originally Posted by roigon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangala Solaris View Post
    What a clever ploy to get people to join blue rep.
    Na. I am in Blue Rep now, and apparently Reds really do need active pilots to fight us.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join or Mangala will get naked. Please. Please join. Please

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Join or Mangala will get naked. Please. Please join. Please

Dear god !!! please join RED NOW !

Join RvB today, fight Brick Squad tomorrow!

Yes, those paragons of elite null sec peeveepee have declared war on the valiant forces of RvB

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    I've been in rvb a few times.

The only thing that's consistent is people hate it when you win too often, and the leadership is horrified at the thought of everyöne being able to afford more than just t1 Rifters.

It's a pretty common thing from what I've seen - rvb intentionally tries to drive off skilled pvpers who fly anything more than t1 Frigs. They don't like implants, they dint like links, and will make shit up just to kick you for no reason.

I personally found it very fun when in was in, but the leadership and how they present the image of pvp for anyone aren't at all the same.

Don't believe me? Ask around, it's a very common theme and I'm not the only one who feels rather let down.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

The only thing that's consistent is people hate it when you win too often, and the leadership is horrified at the thought of everyöne being able to afford more than just t1 Rifters.

It's a pretty common thing from what I've seen - rvb intentionally tries to drive off skilled pvpers who fly anything more than t1 Frigs. They don't like implants, they dint like links, and will make shit up just to kick you for no reason.

I personally found it very fun when in was in, but the leadership and how they present the image of pvp for anyone aren't at all the same.

Don't believe me? Ask around, it's a very common theme and I'm not the only one who feels rather let down.

Feeling bitter like the above post, Join RvB For easy pew pew in a relaxed environment. where you can fly what you want with no Doctrine and no restrictions to T1 frigs or Drakes !.

If Random pew is not for you as you are to leet, take a fleet out and FC for a while or join Noobfleet and pass your knowledge on to those just learning the ropes
    Last edited by Galenwade; March 6 2013 at 03:54:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galenwade View Post

Feeling bitter like the above post, Join RvB For easy pew pew in a relaxed environment. where you can fly what you want with no Doctrine and no restrictions to T1 frigs or Drakes !.

If Random pew is not for you as you are to leet, take a fleet out and FC for a while or join Noobfleet and pass your knowledge on to those just learning the ropes
    Ok, ive read your post like 4 times now and maybe its the drugs, but that made no fucking sense to me. Are you being sarcastic or trying to provide constructive criticism, or telling him to shit or get off the pot? Perhaps im just missing the subtle subtext of you trying to troll Lords.

I think what he is saying is that it wasn't his cup of tea because of the points brought forth by Servant. He then lists a few of the positive things about RvB that one might enjoy.

They didn't like either of those things because it goes against the fundamentals of RvB.

RvB is for low-stress, new player friendly pvp that is also fairly cheap.

Obviously people don't like people who use boosts and as for implants? I used implants and never got any flak over it.

I don't really get the point that's trying to be made.
    Last edited by Korhag; March 10 2013 at 10:30:11 PM.

joining red to annoy the fuck of a friend of mine who is in blue.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by Korhag View Post

They didn't like either of those things because it goes against the fundamentals of RvB.

RvB is for low-stress, new player friendly pvp that is also fairly cheap.

Obviously people don't like people who use boosts and as for implants? I used implants and never got any flak over it.

I don't really get the point that's trying to be made.

I personally think one of the lowest things to do in eve is to join rvb as a seasoned pvper and just farming noob kills (without helping newer people and beeing more about making your peers better instead of beeing in there for personal gain), it for me shows someone who has "lost" the game and tries to make himself feel better and pr0 by killing 3 day old noobs.

On a different note, i personally am not a huge fan of the rvb idea, it feels to constructed and the hunt and the evaluation of situations is one of the key elements of eve pvp but for any newer player who wants to get into eve pvp i can only recommend it, i wouldnt recommend it as the frist thing to do but it is definetly the second or third thing to do.

If you are looking on getting into pvp, may you be a new player or a seasoned pver or a nullsec sov citizen i would always recommend the following route.

The first thing to do is to join eve university and to do some pvp classes, learn how to fit a ship and why, how the dscanner works, how to survive in lowsec and co, feel free to take a few extra classes alongside, once you have done that you could either join the unista lowsec campus but i wouldnt do that (for now), some amazing pvpers have come from there but it is a bit blobby and ecm heavy and i think you wont learn that much there or you would learn the wrong things. (feel free to jump that step if you already know how everything works)

Here is where RvB comes in, you know the basics but you probably dont know how to actually fight, you forget to turn on half your modules, you load the wrong ammo and you keep at range 7.5km in your blaster incursus. RvB provides you with all sorts of pvp, you get to try everything in a half serious environement first, you can get comfortable pvping so that once you start "serious" pvp you wont fuck up like we all did. Who knows, maybe that even is all you want to do in eve, easy instant pvp with your friends.

Once you are comfortable in general pvp you can join a "real" pvp corp and startout without beeing a bloody noob.

Tl: DR
    RvB is a great place for noobs/new pvpers to learn the rules, if you start getting bored of running your lvl4s you should totally join!

(i would like to add that this post is off high subjectivism, and some people may feel different, i dont vualue highsec pvp very highly and my opion of "real" pvp/corps may differ completly from yours)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    stuff
    you also quoted a 4 month old post
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

I know, its just how i feel about rvb and who i think should join this. Nothing against you tho, if you just harras your friend and dont spend all your time dunking noobs in their first rifter and then feel good about yourself i dont have a problem with it.

(also, diregard my thing about vets joining rvb IF the oublic image and recuiting policy of rvb has gone from the "come and try out pvp" image into a burned out bittervets vs burned out bittervets thing)

On a different note, i personally am not a huge fan of the rvb idea, it feels to constructed
    The first thing to do is to join eve university
    wolololol
    spaceships go woosh

I know, its just how i feel about rvb and who i think should join this. Nothing against you tho, if you just harras your friend and dont spend all your time dunking noobs in their first rifter and then feel good about yourself i dont have a problem with it.

(also, diregard my thing about vets joining rvb IF the oublic image and recuiting policy of rvb has gone from the "come and try out pvp" image into a burned out bittervets vs burned out bittervets thing)
    Every time the subject of RvB comes up, you say this, and every single time, I can't help but drop my opinion of you even farther. I don't even have to ask if you've every actually been in RvB, because it's clear from your posting you haven't. RvB is not filled with 3 day old newbies expecting awesome killmails, it's full of players from pretty much all walks across EVE, and there are quite a few VERY good solo players in RvB. Most of the noobs are in fleets, learning how fleet warfare works. More often than not, the pilots you encounter who are solo, are experienced veterans who are looking for fights, just like you are. They might be testing a new fit, or trying a new UI, but they're experienced, and skillful.

oh, i sure as hell will be blapping noobs, but i'll be most certainly rolling t1 frigs/dessies/cruisers since its been so fucking long since the last time i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

Every time the subject of RvB comes up, you say this, and every single time, I can't help but drop my opinion of you even farther. I don't even have to ask if you've every actually been in RvB, because it's clear from your posting you haven't. RvB is not filled with 3 day old newbies expecting awesome killmails, it's full of players from pretty much all walks across EVE, and there are quite a few VERY good solo players in RvB. Most of the noobs are in fleets, learning how fleet warfare works. More often than not, the pilots you encounter who are solo, are experienced veterans who are looking for fights, just like you are. They might be testing a new fit, or trying a new UI, but they're experienced, and skillful.
    yeah, that's one of the things that kinda drawed me to it a lot, i loved flying a frig and fighting other figs back in cEVE when we did all 'dem wardecs, this should be at least similar

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

Tell those very good solo pilots to roam around then, I want to meet them. But yes I havn't been in rvb, but as long as I perceive the general recruitment being targeted at newer players and the official opinion off rvb as being a great place for noobs to learn the mechanics of eve PvP I will not change my opinion.

Also I am pretty sure I mentioned this once before, certainly not enough top day "every time".
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; July 15 2013 at 12:24:10 PM. Reason: auto correct :/

rvb was never about 'pvp for noobs', it was started by bittervets for bittervets. just some uptight arseholes along the way keep forgetting this and making demands and statements about silly stuff. just ignore them and shoot people.