hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***R-v-B -- The MOST active PVP community in EVE***

Cool ***R-v-B -- The MOST active PVP community in EVE***

Hi chaps.

I am not going to tell you RvB's history - after all it was on SHC that RvB got going both times - and I am not going to give you the spiel about what we offer new players and how easy it is to join in the fun we have on a daily basis, as many of you know all that! But still watch our "official video" anyway:

What I am going to say is, as the most active pvp community in EVE, there is always something to do:

Be it soloing around our little pocket of The Forge - yes you will get blobbed, but that's an Eve fact of Life;
    Joining one of the largish fleets that roll around getting into scrapes with the other sides fleet(s);
    Going to our designated FFA system and soloing it up against other pilots from both sides;
    Even taking part in our weekly RvB Ganked roams - and the impromptu roams that happen outside of those;
    Hunting war targets - hell we have recently come out of our 4th war with EVE University which saw one of the largest fights in High Sec over a single POS (the largest was in a previous EUNi - RvB war);
    You can even join & then never take part in RvB, we have plenty of members that pirate, gank, live in null all under our banner.

And then of course from time to time, we have such events as our string of Mass FFA's, were we take over a system in The Forge and spam thousands and thousands of prefit frigates for our members to use in causing untold numbers of kills. Check videos from number 3 to see what these are like:

No matter how bitter a vet you are, or how much you like being a part of "The Blue Donut"/FW/Insert Pirate Corp here etc, RvB is an excellent change of pace from all of that. PvP just for the fun of it - an interesting concept I know - with all levels of experience to be faced.

If you do want to join, we don't have any requirements, so check out our website, and our kill-boards, and if you like what you see then stick an application in when next in game.

And if this doesn't strike you as worth doing, we always welcome war decs. Just actually fight us please
    Last edited by Mangala Solaris; February 26 2013 at 09:24:50 AM.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I endorse this product and/or service as a true bittervet.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I also endorse this product, I use rvb when I'm between things, also good for returning players to get back into eve.

Also good holiday mate?

Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    -1 for adding *** to your title, but +11 for RvB generally

Just thinking about RvB makes me happy.

RvB is awesome but the only thing that irritated me when I had an alt in there was the negotiating before a fight. You guys have too many people. Yeah but you have bigger ships. Ok you guys bring 30 rifters and we will bring 10 cruisers, etc. I also got a poor reception when I tried to snipe guys while undocking.

I guess im just used to something a little more asymmetrical.

also once you kill people a few times they will not fight you again without overwhelming odds. last time i was in my vengeance was almost unkillable 1v1 by frigs n dessies. i ended up not getting a fight unless they had 4-5 to 1 odds, which was kinda annoying.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces View Post
    also once you kill people a few times they will not fight you again without overwhelming odds. last time i was in my vengeance was almost unkillable 1v1 by frigs n dessies. i ended up not getting a fight unless they had 4-5 to 1 odds, which was kinda annoying.
    *states his setup was basically unkillable solo
    *complains he got blobbed

wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I endorse this product and/or service as a true bittervet.

Occasionally log in crew +1

RvB is good stuff. Rock on guys
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

RvB is awesome. Everyone should have an RvB alt, it makes the dull moments in EVE just as fun as the real fights.

the thing from the buzz buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces View Post
    *states his setup was basically unkillable solo
    *complains he got blobbed

wat?
    was the standard mwd rep vengeance but i was flying it when everyone thought rocket and the veng were shite. but once i got a reputation for having decent fits and skills people refused to fight and would just blue ball. this one time 4 afs refused to fight until a fully neut fit cruiser undocked (i died then obviously). was fun for a bit but then it got fustrating.

the fllet fights are awesome unless the fcs are cocks. i fced alot but found that sometimes the other fc would setup sniping corms as his destroyers and massive tanked frigs as the frontline. it became very fustrating organising against that crap.

its mainly awesome though and the events are brilliant!

The last minute and a half of the "official" video has "RvB: How to join"...and nothing. No instructions. Idgi.
    "We need less dakka dakka!" -No one. Ever.

Either Mang linked the wrong one, or that was the final version of the contest entry for the 'official' RvB video. The same channel has the application steps vid, IDK if YT can/should stitch the 2 together via annotations/uploader's tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Davion Falcon View Post
    The last minute and a half of the "official" video has "RvB: How to join"...and nothing. No instructions. Idgi.
    1. Find Red Federation or Blue Federation
    2. Put in application
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    2. Put in application
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    2. Put in application
    3. Accept invitation to join
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Fixed for you

So many people in RvB public asking why they haven't been accepted yet

Since when do you invited to join a button is not just clicked and your in. Did they touch corp ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Since when do you invited to join a button is not just clicked and your in. Did they touch corp ui?

They did ... in many bad places

http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=74236

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Yes, the Corp now clicks invite and it's up to the applicant to click accept. You get a mail when your invited and it tells you what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I also endorse this product, I use rvb when I'm between things, also good for returning players to get back into eve.

Also good holiday mate?

Tapatalk
    Yeah holiday was great thanks. 4 weeks went by far to soon, but the diving was totally worth it, and Bagan was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    -1 for adding *** to your title, but +11 for RvB generally
    hehe, we have been using that in our recruitment threads for so long is habit now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crushah View Post
    RvB is awesome but the only thing that irritated me when I had an alt in there was the negotiating before a fight. You guys have too many people. Yeah but you have bigger ships. Ok you guys bring 30 rifters and we will bring 10 cruisers, etc. I also got a poor reception when I tried to snipe guys while undocking.

I guess im just used to something a little more asymmetrical.
    We have a fair few FC types who just roll around without arranging things and what not, but until you get into a fleet there is no way of knowing that. I do agree that the arranging side can sometimes take too long but even the fc's who solely do arrangeds are getting faster at it

Yeah originally Catalyst was going to annotate it, but he couldnt get YT to do it the way he wanted, so we ended up with a lot of deadspace. So he made a second video - although part of that is now wrong based on the small change to corp apps that CCP made last Tuesday.