Page 1872 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 872137217721822186218691870187118721873187418751882 ... LastLast
Results 37,421 to 37,440 of 37999

Thread: Animated YIFFs are massively furry and so is Overspark [nsfw]

No time to adjust, my people need me

Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    I'm surprised he can squat with balls that size.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    even the gators know not to fuck with someone who could go boom at any time.
    A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    he's obviously using them as a seat, a harder hard and probably cold seat, but a seat none the less.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

NSFW. Gout.

Spoiler:
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Steckers why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Steckers why?
    bon appetit, enjoy your meal

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Steckers why?
    bon appetit, enjoy your meal
    it's ok, i was eating a pot noodle. if anything it improved the experience.

Gout is one of those diseases I'll read up on every few years but I'm never quite certain how to avoid getting it.

Don't eat tons of meat and/or develop kidney disease?

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Gout is one of those diseases I'll read up on every few years but I'm never quite certain how to avoid getting it.

Don't eat tons of meat and/or develop kidney disease?
    Drink plenty of water and make sure uric acid is one of the things they check when they do routine blood tests.

Other than that, yeah, just hope you don't get it.

What is it that's actually being pulled out? Is it just a large agglomeration of uric acid crystals and associated other crap?
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    What is it that's actually being pulled out? Is it just a large agglomeration of uric acid crystals and associated other crap?
    It's almost entirely uric acid crystal. Smells like piss, unsurprisingly.

I'm sure there's lots of interesting (to somebody) processes going on there involving seed crystals and concentration gradients between blood/interstitial fluid that cause things like that to form.

But I'd rather just not think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Not to be the idiot, but what is so great (user-wise) about a transparent screen?

I get it's a tech advance, sure.

But in terms of displaying data and working on it......why would transparent be better than what we already have?
    First thing I thought of was a heads up display in cars. I've already seen them using the old 'project it at the right angle and we can reflect it off the glass' technique to get your speed and other important info in to the eye-line of the driver so they don't need to look down. Imagine what other useful info can be shown on the screen while you are driving so you don't need to take your eyes off the road for say GPS navigation or even changing the fsking radio station.

There are tones of potential uses, very few of them replace existing screens.
    The glass ones are more practical though, because the image you see on them is (or can be) focused at infinity, that means that you don't need to change your focus to look at the info. If you just stick a transparent OLED display in front of the windshield it'd be out of focus most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Not to be the idiot, but what is so great (user-wise) about a transparent screen?

I get it's a tech advance, sure.

But in terms of displaying data and working on it......why would transparent be better than what we already have?
    First thing I thought of was a heads up display in cars. I've already seen them using the old 'project it at the right angle and we can reflect it off the glass' technique to get your speed and other important info in to the eye-line of the driver so they don't need to look down. Imagine what other useful info can be shown on the screen while you are driving so you don't need to take your eyes off the road for say GPS navigation or even changing the fsking radio station.

There are tones of potential uses, very few of them replace existing screens.
    The glass ones are more practical though, because the image you see on them is (or can be) focused at infinity, that means that you don't need to change your focus to look at the info. If you just stick a transparent OLED display in front of the windshield it'd be out of focus most of the time.
    In b4 whole car screen is a transparent display that works as a hud.

Almost certainly awful? Yes.

Sci-fi as fuck? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I'm sure there's lots of interesting (to somebody) processes going on there involving seed crystals and concentration gradients between blood/interstitial fluid that cause things like that to form.

But I'd rather just not think about it.
    It's a mix of blood concentration levels of uric acid getting so high it crystallizes but you only notice it on the extremities because that's where your blood temperature drops the most and allows the crystals to collect and form. I have to wonder what kind of lifestyle leads to having so much unprocessed piss in your blood that it collects in your foot, though.