hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Torment 2

Smuggo
    Noticed the other day this is now delayed until next year

Still, they said they felt they needed to polish too many things still and didn't wanna rush it out just to make a pre-Xmas release so they're doing it for the right reasons, but damn I really wanna play this.

Smuggo
    Beta access is coming on 17 January for backers https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1459003

Also going on Steam Early Access a week later.

Not sure if I'll play it but imagine it'll be hard to beat the temptation to at least try a little bit of it.

Yeah, trying out the beta is tempting, but must try to resist the urge at least for the early beta stages until the braver people have found most of the bad bugs. I have waited so long for this that little more shouldn't be hard....

Smuggo
    Not so fussed on bugs but spoiler potential, though if they have as many different ways to do things as I hope then I could just play it in a totally different style to how I intend to in 1.0 and still be getting new stuff when I play for real.

The story should be pretty much all there for the part of the game in the beta anyway, so why not "play for real" then also?

Smuggo
    I'm assuming I can't bring my save across from beta.

I'll prob just play a few hours to get a feel for it and submit some bug reports and hopefully by then the second part of PoE expansion will be out by then to play.

Plus I am running my first Numenera campaign at the moment so it might give me some ideas for my next adventure.

PoE expansion will arrive 16.2. so there is a little gap in between that and torment beta launch.

Smuggo
    Ye I saw, I think they originally said late January so was hoping it would be out a few weeks earlier. Anyway, I'll just play in a fairly incoherent way and mainly just want to try out the cyphers and stuff to get ideas for my PnP game.

Smuggo
    The first hour is being streamed on IGN's Twitch now, http://www.twitch.tv/ign

Who would want to spoil their experience? I have even skipped most of the KS updates

Smuggo
    So beta confirmed out tomorrow. As for spoilers, it was very little of the game and it definitely seemed like you could get vastly different outcomes based on choices even in the first hour so I think this will have a lot of replayability with trying out different types of characters and such.

Yeah, have the beta in my steam library, just debating if I should resists and wait for the finished game...

Smuggo
    Hit quite a lot of showstoppers then got invited to play Gem TD so didn't end up doing much. Like the writing and voice acting so far though but hopefully get a chance to progress a bit more without running into a bug tonight.

Smuggo
    So this also coming to consoles, might be part of the reason for the overly long delay (it's now slated Q1 2017). Not sure how this will appeal to the console crowd but we'll see.

Anyway, new trailer to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    So this also coming to consoles
    abandon thread

:like:
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    :like:
    [Video=youtube;lvhuwzwc3hw]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/zastava_skala[/url] (like, a shitton more.

actaully, no, i'll give them the benefit of a doubt
    i'm so moist about torment i might as well
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    abandon thread
    There's no reason it won't be totally playable, but I think the console kiddies will struggle with all that reading (especially reading off a TV, which is horrible).

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    abandon thread
    There's no reason it won't be totally playable, but I think the console kiddies will struggle with all that reading (especially reading off a TV, which is horrible).
    Yeah, this. I'm not worried it'll make the PC version worse, i'm just a bit surprised as I can't see this doing at all well on console.