hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141

Thread: Torment 2

  1. #61
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    So this also coming to consoles
    abandon thread
    There's no reason it won't be totally playable, but I think the console kiddies will struggle with all that reading (especially reading off a TV, which is horrible).
    Yeah, this. I'm not worried it'll make the PC version worse, i'm just a bit surprised as I can't see this doing at all well on console.
    I think the success of some heavily story led games on consoles recently might be a factor. But those are all either fully voiced AAA 3D affairs or have much less text. IIRC Torment has over 2 million words.

    Also can confirm game is great from the few hours of beta I have played through.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,521
    first chapter is weird.. but then I'm unfamiliar with numenera setting.

  3. #63
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland, OOS
    Posts
    25,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    first chapter is weird.. but then I'm unfamiliar with numenera setting.
    Weirder than planescape?

  4. #64
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    first chapter is weird.. but then I'm unfamiliar with numenera setting.
    Weirder than planescape?
    I've played the P&P RPG and it is at least as weird as Planescape.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    first chapter is weird.. but then I'm unfamiliar with numenera setting.
    Sounds like its doing Numenera right then.

  6. #66
    iLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    947


    OHBOY OHBOY OHBOY *trembles*

  7. #67
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,414
    That trailer...was really bad.

    I mean I guess it's intended to be more "this is what Numenera is" is rather than "This is what Torment is".
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  8. #68
    iLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    947
    I am very okay with it. Infinity Engine style SciFi/fantasy crossover, yes please. Beta was apparently accepted very well by backers and I am looking forward into the full game. Sure, might be shite like Wasteland at release but nevertheless I am craving for some old school Iso RPG.

  9. #69
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOL View Post
    I am very okay with it. Infinity Engine style SciFi/fantasy crossover, yes please. Beta was apparently accepted very well by backers and I am looking forward into the full game. Sure, might be shite like Wasteland at release but nevertheless I am craving for some old school Iso RPG.
    I've played the first few hours and it's very good. The setting is also brilliant and perfect for Torment.

  10. #70
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,996
    This now finally has a release date, 28 February.

  11. #71
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    24,996
    This is out on Tuesday FYI. I double booked myself so have to be out for a work thing on Tuesday night but I might book Wednesday off and stream it if anyone is interested to see what it's all about.

  12. #72
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,414
    Friend of mine has review code for this. Embargo lifts on release day.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  13. #73
    Donor TheManFromDelmonte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Friend of mine has review code for this. Embargo lifts on release day.
    paradox always do this. doesn't mean anything in itself, just that paradox have decided they don't need reviews

    wait I am being totally dumb, paradox did PoE but not this.
    some new publisher Techland. huh.
    Last edited by TheManFromDelmonte; February 26 2017 at 12:01:20 PM.

  14. #74
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,223
    Techland been around for ages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techland

  15. #75
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    2,940
    So when is this thing released? I tried googling it and found "look how much money we got from our kickstarter! Click here to give us more!" and the 26 of jan 2016. That's a month ago.... and a full year.


    edit: oooh 28 feb 2017 is mentioned in a status update. But they didn't bother editing the release date at the top of the steam page. Well done.

  16. #76
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    8,414
    26th of Jan 2016 is when it went into early access. This is what the Steam "release date" reflects.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  17. #77
    Donor TheManFromDelmonte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,812
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Techland been around for ages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techland
    sorry, I should've said new to third party publishing.
    Didn't realise they did dying light though.

  18. #78
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    So when is this thing released? I tried googling it and found "look how much money we got from our kickstarter! Click here to give us more!" and the 26 of jan 2016. That's a month ago.... and a full year.


    edit: oooh 28 feb 2017 is mentioned in a status update. But they didn't bother editing the release date at the top of the steam page. Well done.
    See below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    This is out on Tuesday FYI. I double booked myself so have to be out for a work thing on Tuesday night but I might book Wednesday off and stream it if anyone is interested to see what it's all about.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  19. #79

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    7,346
    Right in time for my new semester. Fml.

  20. #80
    shoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Shit
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    This is out on Tuesday FYI. I double booked myself so have to be out for a work thing on Tuesday night but I might book Wednesday off and stream it if anyone is interested to see what it's all about.
    yes. post info
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •