hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Impire, aka another failed attempt to clone Dungeon Keeper

Impire, aka another failed attempt to clone Dungeon Keeper

Yeah I also remember it was "pre alpha" couple months back. Apparently its released.

TB does review:

If you don't want to watch the review. AI is nonexistant, dungeon design is extremely limited, insane amount of micro required due to complete lack of AI. Not fun game.

Another broken unfun game published by Paradox. Was hoping for this one but obviously denied.

Meh. Waiting to upgrade to i7 some year so I can play Dorfs with not completely terrible game speed.

Terrible. Just like Dungeons before it.

Why can't people just clone dungeon keeper properly? The last decade has been nothing but shiny graphics and no substance on this front.
    That said, War for the Overworld has my hopes still. I hope they learn from these mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Another broken unfun game developed by Cyanide.
    Added to your post.

Still no one can nail this genre, I think DK2 and Evil Genius were a good direction but even they didn't get it right. There's a few in development now from kickstarter, including Maia, so hopefully one will get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Added to your post.

Still no one can nail this genre, I think DK2 and Evil Genius were a good direction but even they didn't get it right. There's a few in development now from kickstarter, including Maia, so hopefully one will get it right.
    Imho crazy genius doing Dorfs nailed it. Only problem being that it doesn't have graphics (fixed with tilesets), has questionable UI design, and requires a 100GHz single core CPU to run smoothly once you build up your fort. And is most successful in redefining hard.

Added to your post.

Evil Genius had it's fair share of problems, but overall gameplay was rly, rly sweet and entertaining. Same with DKII, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Added to your post.

Evil Genius had it's fair share of problems, but overall gameplay was rly, rly sweet and entertaining.
    This. The game was rather shallow but the idea and basic functionality were fucking excellent. Apparently some company recently bought the IP; im hoping for a sequel

When I saw the trailer for this game I couldn't figure out whether it was a DK clone or a tower defence. Figured that was enough of a red flag to just ignore it for good.