hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reaction pos spreadsheet

reaction pos spreadsheet

hello, i am trying to make a spreadsheet that outlines the i/o with reaction pos's, but i'm too lazy to update prices individually, manually. is there any way, through an api call of some sort, to synchronize my spreadsheet file with a market website, such as eve-central.com? i'm using excel for the spreadsheet, there should be some mechanism that allows for this. thanks

Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Don't use that.

I mean please use that.

this is kind of what i am trying to do. you see how he pulled data from eve-central? i'd like to do that somehow

E: if anyone wants to check my math: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16243752/na...0reaction.xlsx

it shows the math for a nanotranistor reaction chain, and if one of the advanced materials is acquired from the market instead of being reacted. total reactions is 3 (neo mercurite, sulfuric acid, nanotransistor reactions). i still haven't figured out how much hauling it will be, i got the number 250k m3 per month which seems reasonable. if platinum technite is bought, the profit before fuel is around 340m per week. since it all fits in 1 large caldari pos (2 simple 1 complex reactor array), fuel will be around 350m/month it shows a hefty profit. i think my math is wrong somewhere though
    Last edited by prolonged sedation; February 19 2013 at 11:19:55 AM.

Eve markets (and other sites too) have an api help page. Use that in tandem with the numerous spreadsheets which use the APIs to work out how to use it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged sedation View Post
    it shows the math for a nanotranistor reaction chain, and if one of the advanced materials is acquired from the market instead of being reacted. total reactions is 3 (neo mercurite, sulfuric acid, nanotransistor reactions). i still haven't figured out how much hauling it will be, i got the number 250k m3 per month which seems reasonable. if platinum technite is bought, the profit before fuel is around 340m per week. since it all fits in 1 large caldari pos (2 simple 1 complex reactor array), fuel will be around 350m/month it shows a hefty profit. i think my math is wrong somewhere though
    I can't look at your sheet right now but nanotransistors are not 1.1bn a week LOL, they're less than 1/5th of that

edit: you said before fuel
    Well since fuel is your only expense really you can't say "profit before fuel"
    Still, it's less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Eve markets (and other sites too) have an api help page. Use that in tandem with the numerous spreadsheets which use the APIs to work out how to use it yourself.
    can you do it for me

I can't look at your sheet right now but nanotransistors are not 1.1bn a week LOL, they're less than 1/5th of that
    i edited my post before your post

If you can't work a spreadsheet then sit down and figure it out. Different reactions have different optimal pos configurations and there's no tool that does that for you anyway.

I'll give you a free tip though and say that you can't fit 1 complex and 2 simple reactors on one tower, for some reactions you can't even fit 1 complex 1 simple.

i reworked some math, so per cycle (1hr)
    input of 100 of each raw = 15m
    output of 3000 of nanotransistors = 19m
    surplus of 4m/hr, *24/7 = 670m per week

found a catch though, for a week's worth of reaction 2b worth of reactants is required
    and apparently one can't fit 2 simple and a complex reactor array v0v

the problem is not the reactors, you need one silo for each input to each reactor
    also, a complex reactor outputs 1500 nanos per hour. maybe you're counting 2 towers

It's still less than 4m / hour though (even not counting fuel), so keep trying
    Last edited by kyrieee; February 19 2013 at 12:36:02 PM.

yes there's no way to fit 5 silos, 2 simple reactors, and 1 complex reactor on a single pos. i was thinking 2 posses, one for simple reactions and the other for complex. is there a way for a silo to dump to a corporate hangar array automatically? i'd like to figure out how often i'd have to fly between the 2 pos's

yes there's no way to fit 5 silos, 2 simple reactors, and 1 complex reactor on a single pos. i was thinking 2 posses, one for simple reactions and the other for complex. is there a way for a silo to dump to a corporate hangar array automatically? i'd like to figure out how often i'd have to fly between the 2 pos's
    You can only add/remove mats from a silo when it's offline, so no automating the process unfortunately.

Ill make you whatever eve spreadsheet you want for 1b.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...33&find=unread

Use this guy, use time doing something more fun.

Id be lying if I didn't find excel fun.

1-2 coupling arrays work for some matherials, but you will be stuck with poses that require you to attend them every 15-30-60h depending on tower race/configuration(amouth of chained coupling array).

All in all after a few mothns you wanna slit your own wrists. if you go with such a setup.
    my math might be off but buying all the mins of market (which is the only real way of calulcating profit) nanotransistate makes around 500m profit a mothn after tower fuel cost. Even if you mine minerals (like I do) they are still not "free" when you calulate profit. I mean nothing is stopping you from selling it raw on market.
    the only place you can really claim "free"" is if your like mining a neo/tech moon and need to have a large tower on it anyways.
    Last edited by Mr Blue; March 18 2013 at 03:32:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    All in all after a few mothns you wanna slit your own wrists.
    This man speaks the truth.

Having never done reactions before and wanting to try it out, I set up 2 large caldari towers, one on a cobalt moon, the other on a silicates moon, so I mine two of the four base ingredients for Crystalline Carbonide. I import Cadmium and Hydrocarbons from buy orders in Jita. The system my lowsec guy lives in is shit for moons and this was the best I could come up with.

Anyway, each tower has 5 silos, a moon miner, a simple and a complex reactor. There is literally no CPU left over on the tower with all this online. One tower produces Crystallite Alloy (from cobalt and imported cadmium) and the other produces Carbon Polymers (from silicates and imported hydrocarbons.) Every 5 days I need to swap the simple reaction outputs between towers and empty the complex output silos in each tower of their Crystalline Carbonide.

Profit? Yeah. On paper there's profit after POS expenses and the occasional fuel use for my JF. But worth it with the time requirements needed to babysit this? Ehhh, not really I have to say. This is shit-town Derelik and I'm using what I have available, and to make anything more profitable would require 1) more POSes, 2) more babysitting, and 3) more trips between Jita and Derelik to import what I can't mine.

With Crystalline Carbonide taking a dive recently, and the lack of will to run the logistics train in a more dedicated way, I'm just going react out my remaining stock of simple reactions and replace the 2 large towers with a small gallente or amarr and just mine the cobalt until that's not even seeing a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by the_phage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    All in all after a few mothns you wanna slit your own wrists.
    This man speaks the truth.

Having never done reactions before and wanting to try it out, I set up 2 large caldari towers, one on a cobalt moon, the other on a silicates moon, so I mine two of the four base ingredients for Crystalline Carbonide. I import Cadmium and Hydrocarbons from buy orders in Jita. The system my lowsec guy lives in is shit for moons and this was the best I could come up with.

Anyway, each tower has 5 silos, a moon miner, a simple and a complex reactor. There is literally no CPU left over on the tower with all this online. One tower produces Crystallite Alloy (from cobalt and imported cadmium) and the other produces Carbon Polymers (from silicates and imported hydrocarbons.) Every 5 days I need to swap the simple reaction outputs between towers and empty the complex output silos in each tower of their Crystalline Carbonide.

Profit? Yeah. On paper there's profit after POS expenses and the occasional fuel use for my JF. But worth it with the time requirements needed to babysit this? Ehhh, not really I have to say. This is shit-town Derelik and I'm using what I have available, and to make anything more profitable would require 1) more POSes, 2) more babysitting, and 3) more trips between Jita and Derelik to import what I can't mine.

With Crystalline Carbonide taking a dive recently, and the lack of will to run the logistics train in a more dedicated way, I'm just going react out my remaining stock of simple reactions and replace the 2 large towers with a small gallente or amarr and just mine the cobalt until that's not even seeing a profit.
    P much I wouldnt touch that thing without making 5-6b a mothn. so I usually just do bigger stuff and trow up 10-15 reaction towers to make it worth while. the logistic needed is more or less the same.(I mean you need the same amouth of cyno alt sect) Also the whole swap simple reaction type sounds horrible annoying I would prob just either A) buy the low end reaction materials(reacting gas matherials is rarly worth it) or b) setup 2 complex towers running 1 simple reaction each. and just haul simpel reaction stuff 1 from tower A to B and visa versa.
    Last edited by Mr Blue; March 30 2013 at 12:33:24 AM.

are big reactions farms really that profitable?

how much isk would i need to get started?

do i neeeeed a spreadsheet? ;-;