hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 5424

Thread: Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

  1. #41
    Melichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,192

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    I just killed them, I suppose they could be overwhelming at low levels if you got mobbed.

  2. #42
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,317

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    I also never having had much trouble with cliffracers and was bemused at internet people being horrified at them.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,741

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    I had occasional problems with them, as in at very early levels i think they had huge aggro range and you couldnt escape (flying unit, durr), but i actually liked that a lvl1 scrub had to keep to civilization or he might die. As for breaking the game, i did it with azuras star, as i suspect everyone at some point did. Hell you could just open the editor, create an amulet of permanent hp/mana/stam reg and that was it.
    Played the game for the detailed story and world, and if you did a conscious effort not to use the op stuff you knew was there it was okay challenging right till the end imo.

  4. #44
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    i think it was the noise and the fact you could hear it for ages before they attacked

  5. #45
    Idara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando
    i think it was the noise and the fact you could hear it for ages before they attacked
    You mean the combat music that would start when they weren't even in sight of you.

  6. #46
    Melichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,192

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Ah yes the "there is an enemy within a mile of you" music. I forgot about that.

  7. #47
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    and the squarking

  8. #48
    Amantus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    i afiuhagsfksdfdjafkfjg am a fag
    Posts
    8,411

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    skreeeeeeee
    MAX damage posting

  9. #49
    XenosisReaper
    Guest

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Dammit you people made me start a new Oblivion game.

  10. #50
    fng's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    729

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper
    Dammit you people made me start a new Oblivion game.

  11. #51
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,326

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    pro tip: never check the size of your oblivion directory.

    43.4gb at the moment.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  12. #52

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    590

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros
    Not familiar with that one.

    I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.
    Well you only had to do it once. But lets explain how it worked.
    Since how good potions you make depends on your intelligence all you had to do is make an intelligence potion, drink it, and then make another one. The new one would be better cause your intelligence was higher. And then you repeat the process.
    Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...

  13. #53
    pratell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    North Dakka
    Posts
    3,097

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    [quote=dr axler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tyrus Tenebros":2n6p5ew5
    Not familiar with that one.

    I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.
    Well you only had to do it once. But lets explain how it worked.
    Since how good potions you make depends on your intelligence all you had to do is make an intelligence potion, drink it, and then make another one. The new one would be better cause your intelligence was higher. And then you repeat the process.
    Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...[/quote:2n6p5ew5]
    you mean you ruined your own game
    Image

  14. #54
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    drinking 40 skooma in morrowind and running across the map was my fav XD

  15. #55

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    590

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    [quote=pratell]
    Quote Originally Posted by dr axler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tyrus Tenebros":1wgyzcu9
    Not familiar with that one.

    I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.
    Well you only had to do it once. But lets explain how it worked.
    Since how good potions you make depends on your intelligence all you had to do is make an intelligence potion, drink it, and then make another one. The new one would be better cause your intelligence was higher. And then you repeat the process.
    Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...
    you mean you ruined your own game[/quote:1wgyzcu9]

    Pretty much yeah. Tempted to replay the whole thing again now that all the awesome graphics mods for it are out. I mean the game is amazing, and now it looks amazing too

  16. #56
    Sneakyfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18, 2011
    Location
    Bristol - Uk
    Posts
    476

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    There is updated graphics for Morrowind?

    Dunno if i'm the only one who did this, but i would goto Balmora kill some shopkeeper, strip it of everything, then fill it with all my loot.

    I also dl a mod where i got this talking sword, and I remember going into a cave, it was dark and had quiet atmospheric music, I was on the edge of my seat, then my fucking sword started singing, and I shit myself...
    I asked for some advice in a department store about a gift for someone special.

    The sales assistant said "we have a beautiful selection of gold necklaces and diamond rings just in".

    I replied "no thanks, the fucking spastic will just eat those, got any Spiderman bibs?"

  17. #57
    Kanv's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Bethesda might be trolling us

    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/18/the-e ... f-dragons/

    “an unlimited number of dragons” in the game. They’ll be dynamically generated, and will be able to attack you almost anywhere.
    Cliff racer dragons?

  18. #58

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    847

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Blatantly going to be a mod out almost immediatly to get rid of the dragons.

  19. #59
    XenosisReaper
    Guest

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    Blatantly going to be a mod out almost immediatly to get rid of the dragons.
    I'm fairly sure dragons are kinda the whole point of the game?

  20. #60
    James Snowscoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    668

    Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    Blatantly going to be a mod out almost immediatly to get rid of the dragons.
    I'm fairly sure dragons are kinda the whole point of the game?
    Yes, but apparently they will appear both in specific scripted encounters and randomly generated. What he's referring to is the latter sort, though I think it's a bit early to predict that it'll get modded out. If the dragon battles are great fun and happen relatively rarely I don't really see the problem.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •