hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I just killed them, I suppose they could be overwhelming at low levels if you got mobbed.

I also never having had much trouble with cliffracers and was bemused at internet people being horrified at them.

I had occasional problems with them, as in at very early levels i think they had huge aggro range and you couldnt escape (flying unit, durr), but i actually liked that a lvl1 scrub had to keep to civilization or he might die. As for breaking the game, i did it with azuras star, as i suspect everyone at some point did. Hell you could just open the editor, create an amulet of permanent hp/mana/stam reg and that was it.
    Played the game for the detailed story and world, and if you did a conscious effort not to use the op stuff you knew was there it was okay challenging right till the end imo.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar

i think it was the noise and the fact you could hear it for ages before they attacked

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando
    i think it was the noise and the fact you could hear it for ages before they attacked
    You mean the combat music that would start when they weren't even in sight of you.

Ah yes the "there is an enemy within a mile of you" music. I forgot about that.

and the squarking

skreeeeeeee
    MAX damage posting

XenosisReaper

Dammit you people made me start a new Oblivion game.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper
    Dammit you people made me start a new Oblivion game.

pro tip: never check the size of your oblivion directory.

43.4gb at the moment.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros
    Not familiar with that one.

I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.
    Well you only had to do it once. But lets explain how it worked.
    Since how good potions you make depends on your intelligence all you had to do is make an intelligence potion, drink it, and then make another one. The new one would be better cause your intelligence was higher. And then you repeat the process.
    Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...

[quote=dr axler]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tyrus Tenebros":2n6p5ew5

make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.
    Since how good potions you make depends on your intelligence all you had to do is make an intelligence potion, drink it, and then make another one. The new one would be better cause your intelligence was higher. And then you repeat the process.
    Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...[/quote:2n6p5ew5]
    you mean you ruined your own game

drinking 40 skooma in morrowind and running across the map was my fav XD

[quote=pratell]
    Quote Originally Posted by dr axler
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tyrus Tenebros":1wgyzcu9

Point is you reach a state where your intelligence potions give a huge boost to intelligence and lasts for a couple of years. Has the same effect on all other potions as well. I made a lightning shield potions which lasted for a few years and did insane amounts of damage. Basically anyone who tried to touch me died. Ruined the game tbh...
    you mean you ruined your own game[/quote:1wgyzcu9]

Pretty much yeah. Tempted to replay the whole thing again now that all the awesome graphics mods for it are out. I mean the game is amazing, and now it looks amazing too

There is updated graphics for Morrowind?

Dunno if i'm the only one who did this, but i would goto Balmora kill some shopkeeper, strip it of everything, then fill it with all my loot.

I also dl a mod where i got this talking sword, and I remember going into a cave, it was dark and had quiet atmospheric music, I was on the edge of my seat, then my fucking sword started singing, and I shit myself...
    I asked for some advice in a department store about a gift for someone special.

The sales assistant said "we have a beautiful selection of gold necklaces and diamond rings just in".

I replied "no thanks, the fucking spastic will just eat those, got any Spiderman bibs?"

Bethesda might be trolling us

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/18/the-e ... f-dragons/

“an unlimited number of dragons” in the game. They’ll be dynamically generated, and will be able to attack you almost anywhere.
    Cliff racer dragons?

Blatantly going to be a mod out almost immediatly to get rid of the dragons.

XenosisReaper

Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    I'm fairly sure dragons are kinda the whole point of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    I'm fairly sure dragons are kinda the whole point of the game?
    Yes, but apparently they will appear both in specific scripted encounters and randomly generated. What he's referring to is the latter sort, though I think it's a bit early to predict that it'll get modded out. If the dragon battles are great fun and happen relatively rarely I don't really see the problem.