hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272
Results 5,421 to 5,436 of 5436

Thread: Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Not gonna lie, that would be fun.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Not in the UK it's not.

Picked up Morrowind during sales (not like it was expensive to begin with, but it popped up and I figured why the hell not). Are there any decent mods that make it look less dated? I'm not looking for Skywind that might someday be finished if and when hell freezes over and pigs can fly etc.

There's a HD texture mod floating about IIRC that made it look closer to oblivion

I pretty much gave up on trying to understand Morrowind's mechanics ages ago. You could try here. Or you could look at the list of top mods on Nexus, here. Those are the go-tos I use when I'm restarting one of the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    I pretty much gave up on trying to understand Morrowind's mechanics ages ago. You could try here. Or you could look at the list of top mods on Nexus, here. Those are the go-tos I use when I'm restarting one of the other games.
    Only real difference in the mechanics compared to oblivion is that hits are rolled from the weapon skill and thus in the start you will often see your weapon hit the enemy but no hit sound will play and no damage will be applied. Other than that is a good old stealth archer steal everything bethseda game. Oh, and also lockpicking and pickpocketing is just a roll on your skill also, if you want just go and rob the vaults of the great houses for some equipment on level 1, they won't mind later pronouncing you the Messiah while wearing their ancestral heirlooms

Thanks!

Also make sure you have all of the expansions (and the patched engine with them), they add a ton of really interesting content

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Picked up Morrowind during sales (not like it was expensive to begin with, but it popped up and I figured why the hell not). Are there any decent mods that make it look less dated? I'm not looking for Skywind that might someday be finished if and when hell freezes over and pigs can fly etc.
    I'm using MGSO.
    Some people complain about it being outdated for some reason. But I haven't seen any other graphics overhaul that does what it does anywhere near as well.
    The biggest benefit is that you do one installation and it sets it all up for you.
    Here's a guide that combines it with Rebirth.

I do suggest unticking the"extra sounds" box tho. It adds ambiences taken from various other games and that can be quite annoying when you hear someone invisible sing about a girl from baldurs gate for the 40th time in a tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    How many spoilers can you fit into 10 minutes? fuck sake Razor. Someone posts about finaly getting the game, and you post this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    How many spoilers can you fit into 10 minutes? fuck sake Razor. Someone posts about finaly getting the game, and you post this?
    To be fair, with how old the game is it's been pretty much spoiled already.

You'd be surpriced. (I still have never gone through the whole mainquest or tribunal)

You'd be surpriced. (I still have never gone through the whole mainquest or tribunal)
    Neither have I, I get turned off by the way everyone walks as if they've been trying to ride a bicycle without a seat.