hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 260 of 274 FirstFirst ... 160210250257258259260261262263270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5462

Thread: Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

And yet the combat is still underwhelming and draugr are still draugr

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    And yet the combat is still underwhelming and draugr are still draugr
    Played the free heroes so far and i haven't even gone to sleep yet.

Waiting for the remake

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    Waiting for the remake
    While you're at it you should check out all of those awesome Oblivion remakes too...

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    Waiting for the remake
    While you're at it you should check out all of those awesome Oblivion remakes too...
    stop being bad, baddie.

hoping for a 64-bit executable especially, if ever there was a game that needed that...
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Oh I will play the remake, thanks for bringing this to light.

I'm guessing mods will need to be re-made so this could be a re-birth :P

nope, the mod infrastructure is going to be a direct port, much like it was between Skyrim and Fallout 4.

there's no new entry types added to ESP's either, so it's just a question of porting the work done on the script extender to Skyrim's new exe and off you go, magic bunny out of the hat and everything works.

lotta stuff to add to the bethesda.net site for the consoles though, and many of the awesome mods are going to stay PC only due to the script extender.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Even with nexus mod manager setting up and configuring all the mods is a pita.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    nope, the mod infrastructure is going to be a direct port, much like it was between Skyrim and Fallout 4.

there's no new entry types added to ESP's either, so it's just a question of porting the work done on the script extender to Skyrim's new exe and off you go, magic bunny out of the hat and everything works.

lotta stuff to add to the bethesda.net site for the consoles though, and many of the awesome mods are going to stay PC only due to the script extender.
    From what I read, (new) mods can make the remake look even better. As in, current mods+current skyrim=look and feel of remade skyrim. So new graphics mods+remade skyrim=significant improvement in fidelity.

Something along those lines anyway

i think people are expecting too much, i do hope they back-port the lighting engine from Fallout 4 as well but expecting the 2k-4k fidelity out of the box that the really high end skyrim configs pull is not really reasonable, remember it has to run on the peasantstations.
    Viking, n.:

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Turns out you need to get the fuck out.

Banned
    Guess I better uninstall something so I have time for Skyrim again.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Even with nexus mod manager setting up and configuring all the mods is a pita.
    Use Mod Organizer, it's about 100x less terrible. As in dragging shit around in your load order to effectively change what overwrites what is easy as fuck.

i think people are expecting too much, i do hope they back-port the lighting engine from Fallout 4 as well but expecting the 2k-4k fidelity out of the box that the really high end skyrim configs pull is not really reasonable, remember it has to run on the peasantstations.
    AFAIK all of that has been confirmed already, we're basically getting all the fallout 4 goodies, including the 64-bit engine. And we've already had a 2K texture pack from Bethesda for years, not that it was as good as fan-made 2K textures...

Anyway, for those of you that haven't seen it yet (skip to 3:14):

So Enderal is out. Has anyone tried it yet? I had a look at a few youtubers looking around the starter area and was surprised to see realy blurry graphics on all of them. Is that yourube messing up, or does that grassland realy look like a pixelated blurr?
    What's the deal with that?

And is the game any good?

it's youtube compression, they changed the algo's running that about 18 months ago producing that pixellated mess you see.

here's RPS's view, i haven't played it myself at this point though.
    Viking, n.:

it's youtube compression, they changed the algo's running that about 18 months ago producing that pixellated mess you see.

here's RPS's view, i haven't played it myself at this point though.
    If you are to lazy to read that, heres the important part:

Were it not for familiar Skyrim elements, from SkyUI to the re-used assets, itd be easy to just consider Enderal an entirely brand new RPG. And it would still be one of the more enjoyable of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

The SKSE folks said that a new SKSE might take some time however to be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post

yes, but once it's out everybody just gets to sit back in the same old comfortable seat, the new "real lighting" engine is only applicable outdoors, indoors still use the old static system so the vast majority of home mods and content mods are basically immune, barring funky weather-interactions.
    Viking, n.:

that made me giggle enough to get sigg'd.

:-)