hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper
    My purchase of a 2000 quid gaming rig last week has paid out AGAIN, literally in love with it and graphics
    Built my PC a couple years ago and still am pretty satisfied with the way it runs. Best money ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramendel
    The big question is - did they learn from the auto-leveling enemies disaster of oblivion or not?
    That has been in since TES1:Arena. Why would they change it now?

Don't overpimp your character and it's good. Go for uberness and you become OP.
    Try playing a flawed character and it gets realy hairy.

XenosisReaper:

Your sig. What's it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz
    XenosisReaper:

Learn to image info

XenosisReaper

The big question is - did they learn from the auto-leveling enemies disaster of oblivion or not?

Don't overpimp your character and it's good. Go for uberness and you become OP.
    Try playing a flawed character and it gets realy hairy.

XenosisReaper:

Alice: Madness Returns http://www.failheap-challenge.com/vi...php?f=8&t=1205

Not really, Morrowind was completely different from Oblivion in that aspect- IIRC, enemies didn't level at all. Of course, this did present other problems, namely that at high levels there were no real challenges left for the player.

Morrowind still had it, it was just done well and only in a few areas.

Quote Originally Posted by James Snowscoran
    Not really, Morrowind was completely different from Oblivion in that aspect- IIRC, enemies didn't level at all. Of course, this did present other problems, namely that at high levels there were no real challenges left for the player.
    Morrowind was either ridiculously hard (rather unusual) or ridiculously easy (Breton, Ring of 40-60% magic resistance / reflection, Boots of Blinding Speed, etc)

Anything better about Morrowind was negated by

Quote Originally Posted by Aea
    Morrowind was either ridiculously hard (rather unusual) or ridiculously easy (Breton, Ring of 40-60% magic resistance / reflection, Boots of Blinding Speed, etc)
    the intellect potion loop

But you see, I like games where you have the option to totally ruin gameplay for yourself without even typing in a cheat code, it's a nice amount of sand in our sandboxes. 125% chameleon fuck yeah.

The auto-levelling thing in Oblivion was different though, it automatically ruined the economy for everyone (everyone eventually levelled far enough to only fight "glass armor or better" bandits), and breaking combat by levelling up with non-combat skills didn't exactly require special attention, if you wanted to play a flowerpicking alchemist it just happened and the game never warned you about it, and the next time out in the field you had to fight said glass armor bandits with sticks and stones.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

[quote=dr axler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea
    Quote Originally Posted by "James Snowscoran":4axl3clp
    the intellect potion loop[/quote:4axl3clp]
    Not familiar with that one.

I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Heh, I do remember the boots of blinding speed + magic res = boots of blinding speed, now with less blindness. Quite funny combining them with scrolls of fortifying acrobatics to silly levels (ala the ones you get from the guy falling from the sky in the beginning) and moving across the entire continent in one giant leap.

Heh, I do remember the boots of blinding speed + magic res = boots of blinding speed, now with less blindness. Quite funny combining them with scrolls of fortifying acrobatics to silly levels (ala the ones you get from the guy falling from the sky in the beginning) and moving across the entire continent in one giant leap.
    That sounds pretty pimp .....

In all honesty, is it really not the end goal to push your character to "god" like level? At least that has been the case for me in almost every RPG...it's pretty rewarding at least for me that after all the hard work, I can see that I can pwn those scrubs with ease.

This and the witcher is one of the few games I'm looking forward to this year, since it seems ME3 got pushed back....

That so much, I remember purely setting out for the boots and just racing everywhere. At that point though I was doing so much exploring and wandering that I never finished the main storyline (75 hours gametime is enough).
    [~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

XenosisReaper

Liked it, however trying to play as a pure archer was pretty annoying during the later stages, having to drop enemies in one headshot or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    I'll have the PC version so the modders will make a proper game out of it at the very least
    QFT. The nice part about PC shit is that even crappy releases might get modded to greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros
    Not familiar with that one.

I always got the amulet of shadows + other chameleon crap and stole EVERYTHING.
    make potion. drink potion. make better potion. drink better potion. . make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion. make better potion. drink better potion...myea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot
    qft.

first time i played morrowind i ran into those in short order, and uninstalled the game in disgust.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot
    qft.

first time i played morrowind i ran into those in short order, and uninstalled the game in disgust.
    Yeah because it was SO HARD to mod it.

Never had any trouble dealing with cliff racers myself...but I understand quite a few people around the internets were really butthurt about them for some reason.