hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ableton/music produktion thread

Hey. If u care, you could listen to a Downbeat-Instrumental-Mixtape I made with a friend of mine. Kinda outdated but its ok, afaik

https://soundcloud.com/wavingtheguns/4d-mischband-2013

https://soundcloud.com/justinmead/get-me-final

Almost finished. I took the song in a new direction and I think it turned out fine.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Efficient necro!

Whilst on nights at work I have been using a surface pro for tinkering with ableton projects, just with asio4all and the headphone jack but it obviously starts struggling with some stuff eventually (dropouts and stuff unless everything is flattened or resampled). All my recording is done at home with a proper setup with an IO unit, so at work I've no need for the input section. Is the thing that reduces load on the computer just a USB dac in this case? And if so, any recommendations for one as small as practical?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "But the vast majority of this forum is European and/or highly urbanized and quite liberal in their firearms views. Take this discussion to ih8mud.com (Toyota Land Cruiser forum) or even knifeforums.com and you'd see the opposite."
    -OrangeAfroMan

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Efficient necro!

Whilst on nights at work I have been using a surface pro for tinkering with ableton projects, just with asio4all and the headphone jack but it obviously starts struggling with some stuff eventually (dropouts and stuff unless everything is flattened or resampled). All my recording is done at home with a proper setup with an IO unit, so at work I've no need for the input section. Is the thing that reduces load on the computer just a USB dac in this case? And if so, any recommendations for one as small as practical?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Depends on what you want to do, tbh. Running a daw on a surface pro should be possible, but I'm a macfag, so be warned, I have a much more sophisticated setup on Mac, but I have set stuff up on windows 10 laptops using Native Instruments interfaces, which are DJ-centric, and are focused around RCA I/O (like turntables or CD player), but the little two channel one is tiny and works great with headphones, for mixing with headphones on. Very stable, being DJ-centric.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...aktor-audio-2/

It's maybe not the best quality conversion (i mean, plenty big pro DJs use these, plenty) and feature set, but I can personally vouch for it's stability with using it on windows 10 with Ableton, and I'm running like 90+ channel projects. It's an i7 lappy, but its stable.

As a note, if you like to drive Cadillac, I'd look into this. Expensive platform but sound and features can't be beat. 15 years ago you'd probably have had to build a million dollar studio to do what this thing does. They are amazing.

http://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfac...-twin-usb.html

idk about a surface pro, but their community is big, so looking at their forums will probably help. I use a thunderbolt version of this for recording on the go with my mac and its fucking amazing, their plugs, while not cheap, are fucking amazing too.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; February 18 2017 at 05:54:22 PM.
    meh